Need fiber optic front sight recommendations [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Need fiber optic front sight recommendations

TNGlockman
01-17-2011, 17:46
I just bought a Winchester SXP Defender shotgun for home defense and I need recommendations for a reasonably priced fiber optic front sight.

Any suggestions??

Bill G
01-17-2011, 18:27
Check with Williams Gun Sight Company Inc. They make quality fiber optic and steel sights. They may have something that fits your needs, also there prices are fair.

Take Care,:supergrin:
Bill G

MrMurphy
01-17-2011, 18:28
Hi-Viz and Tru-Glo are pretty much the two big players.

Hi-Viz ought to run you about $20-30 depending on which you get.

I prefer tritium, but if "any" light (even a nightlight down the hall) is on, the Hi-Viz will be very visible. My dad wears trifocals and he could see the dot easily. You still need on onboard weapon light, but the fiberoptic isn't too bad.

Minnow
01-18-2011, 02:19
I'd skip the Fiber optic stuff and go right to tritium. There are several quality makers of night sight beads for shotguns including XS, Meprolight, and Trijicon. I just don't trust the durability of Fiberoptic gun sights. You can't see them at night and if you can't whats the point. Personally I believe a weaponlight would completely negate the use of such a sight and give you a reliable sighting aide along with the abiliity to make a last second target positive identification in low or no light. Just my two cents. If you still want fiberoptics I'd stay away from Truglo anything. Hiviz would be a better choice...

Syclone538
01-18-2011, 02:42
I've got tru-glo shotgun/rifle fiber optic rifle sights on my shotgun, not near as bright as I'd like.

edit
But I should also mention, that it was worth the $25 or so that they cost.

MrMurphy
01-18-2011, 09:18
The weaponlight throws more than enough illumination that the fiberoptic works.

If you can't spring for a tritium, the fiberoptic is better than a straight bead in the dark.