Friend wants to buy a Charles Daly...... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Friend wants to buy a Charles Daly......

Sarge43
01-18-2011, 11:00
I figured the collective brain power here (no matter how low :whistling::supergrin: ) could help me with this one. I have a friend that wants to trade an acquaintance for a Charles Daly full size government 1911. After I told him my opinion of them, I had a twinge of conscience, and told him that in all fairness, I had never owned one. I'm sure there are those here who either have one in the collection or have had one in the past. Can you give me some objective opinions on them to counter my purely subjective gun snobbery? I want him to have real and objective information available so that he can make a decision of whether it's right for him or not.
Although he may carry in the future, he does NOT right now. The pistol will be mainly for range/plinking fun. To the best of his knowledge, the pistol is at least 10 years old, and has had one owner. Nothing has been done to alter it. I haven't seen it, so I'm no help there at all.
Thanks gent's!
Sarge

PS - He told me he could pick it up for $300 cash

heitzoflearning
01-18-2011, 11:14
I would probably pick it up for 300. They're made by Armscor,if i'm not mistaken. Armscor makes nice guns for the money.

Teecher45
01-18-2011, 13:28
You say he's thinking about trading. What would he be trading?

chakup
01-18-2011, 13:34
I picked one up right at price, I actually rather liked it but ended up selling later. For $300 really can't go too wrong.

Sarge43
01-18-2011, 18:24
Thanks for the input! Sounds like for the $300 he'll be alright then.
He was considering trading an old SKS he has for it, but has the option of paying $300.
I appreciate the responses gentlemen, thank you.
Sarge

bac1023
01-18-2011, 18:53
Good guns built by Armscor in the Philippines.

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr97/briancut1023/002-4.jpg