Ameriglo Pro's for Glock: Yellow vs Green [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ameriglo Pro's for Glock: Yellow vs Green

mr_fender
01-18-2011, 11:01
Hey all,

I'm about to place an order for some Ameriglo Pro's for my Glock 17. I'm trying to decide on green & green tritium or green & yellow. Are there any disadvantages to getting yellow rears? Do the yellow tritium vials last as long as the green ones do?

Thanks in advance.

KindaBigBullet
01-18-2011, 11:06
Home Defense? Get the green/yellow over the green/green. In the dark, at quick glance, green dot - green dot - green dot confuses me.

In the dark Green, yellow, yellow mean sights not aligned.

Easier to changed that to yellow, green, yellow.

I felt silly typing this

mr_fender
01-18-2011, 11:33
Yeah, I get that the different colors make it easier to find and focus on the front sight in the dark, but do different colors of tritium vials have different brightness levels or lifespans? Just wanted to make sure. Oh and yes this would be for home defense. They've got nice sharp white rings for daytime shooting so it would make no difference then.

KindaBigBullet
01-18-2011, 11:39
I would go with the XS 24/7 Bit Dot over the Ameriglo. Look into that if you haven't already. I'm looking for a deal on those myself.

I read the orange have a 5yr life span while the yellow/green is 10 years. Don't know about brightness.

JASV.17
01-18-2011, 11:43
Yeah, I get that the different colors make it easier to find and focus on the front sight in the dark, but do different colors of tritium vials have different brightness levels or lifespans? Just wanted to make sure. Oh and yes this would be for home defense. They've got nice sharp white rings for daytime shooting so it would make no difference then.

Yes, green is the brightest and longest lasting.

However, if you would benefit from different colored front/rear, then go that route and replace as needed.

mr_fender
01-18-2011, 12:04
Thanks guys. That's what I needed to know.

Boost_Junkie
01-18-2011, 12:17
I had the Operator pros on my G26 green/yellow hands down my favorite sights for Glocks. The contrast did really well in low lighting but what I really liked was the no white outline on the rear sights compared to the front sights.

RayB
01-18-2011, 17:07
I like the green front, yellow rear, set up, and I see no downside to it.

Yellow and green have similar lamp life. Orange, red, blue, etc., have significantly shorter lamp life.

--Ray

beersngars
01-19-2011, 17:41
I had the Operator pros on my G26 green/yellow hands down my favorite sights for Glocks. The contrast did really well in low lighting but what I really liked was the no white outline on the rear sights compared to the front sights.

Second this. I have the regular Operators, .150 rear notch vs .180 for the Operator Pro's.

mr_fender
01-20-2011, 00:20
Anyone know if the front dot on the pro sight set GL-229 is larger than the rear dots? I like a slightly larger front dot.

After doing a bit more browsing on Ameriglo's website, I think I may pair together some different fronts and rears.

For the front, maybe:
GL-212-GR (larger green ProGlo dot with green tritium center)
or
GL-212-OR (larger orange ProGlo dot with green tritium center)

I'm not sure if an orange or green or regular white ring would have better visibility in different lighting situations. Anyone have any experience with either of these?

For the rear, either:
GL-229R (pro with yellow tritium centers)
or
GL-229-OP-R (pro operator with yellow tritium centers)

Same sight, but pro operator has black rings around the tritium while the pro has white. I can't decide which I want. I'm leaning toward the white since I can always darken them with a sharpie if I change my mind later.

I sent an email to Ameriglo yesterday with some of these questions but have not gotten a response yet. Maybe their email form is messed up, or I fouled it up somehow. :dunno: I may just give them a call the old fashioned way.

gaffer97
01-22-2011, 12:05
I have Pro Operator on my G19 in green front with the orange pro glo and yellow rear. love em

cdunn
01-23-2011, 06:58
sight are cheap @ http://www.ghostinc.com/c=N1N68loql2rs7hKL4YEbs4fOw/s=ghostinc.com/
ameriglos are cheaper there then from ameriglo,I just found this out while looking for a front to go with my 10-8 rear.

DWARREN123
01-23-2011, 07:33
I also like the contrast between front and rear sights.