Do people buy preowned night sights? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Do people buy preowned night sights?

Small Tony
01-18-2011, 11:30
I just put on new Ameriglo nights sights on my G30sf a couple months ago. I really want to put Truglo TFOs on my G30sf simply cause I feel they are better sights during the day and they really light up at night time.

So I was wondering if people sell their preowned night sights or is there even a market for them?

Thanks.

Super Trucker
01-18-2011, 11:37
If they are in good condition (unmodified) somebody will buy them.
If you had to file them down/modify in any way to fit your gun, I wouldn't sell them if it were me.

Small Tony
01-18-2011, 11:49
If they are in good condition (unmodified) somebody will buy them.
If you had to file them down/modify in any way to fit your gun, I wouldn't sell them if it were me.

They are less than 2 months old and no modifications were done to them. Where is the best place to sell them?

Mamaluke
01-18-2011, 11:56
Yes...

Super Trucker
01-18-2011, 13:57
They are less than 2 months old and no modifications were done to them. Where is the best place to sell them?

List them in the GT want ad section (parts and accessories). If nobody shows interest, try e-bay or gun-broker.

RayB
01-18-2011, 15:15
I just put on new Ameriglo nights sights on my G30sf a couple months ago. I really want to put Truglo TFOs on my G30sf simply cause I feel they are better sights during the day and they really light up at night time.

So I was wondering if people sell their preowned night sights or is there even a market for them?

Thanks.

Since they only have a whopping 90-Day Warranty on them, I'd imagine the secondary market would be decent, if offered as "Like New" at 1/2 the price...

--Ray

hatidua
01-18-2011, 15:17
I bought two sets of preowned NS for a couple of my 1911's. If not messed up, I can't see a reason not to avail of a deal.

glockhawwk
01-18-2011, 15:24
You really shouldn't buy pre-owned sights, since when they're installed, the bottom part is compressed to fit that particular gun. At least according to the manual... This probably shouldn't matter if it's for the same make and or/model of gun.

That being said, I'm sure people will still buy ones in good condition.

Small Tony
01-18-2011, 23:38
Since they only have a whopping 90-Day Warranty on them, I'd imagine the secondary market would be decent, if offered as "Like New" at 1/2 the price...

--Ray

Thank you.