Ameriglo Hackathorn sights [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ameriglo Hackathorn sights

dreydin
01-19-2011, 16:38
I'll try to keep this simple. Just installed the Ameriglo Hackathorn sights (GL-434) (http://www.ameriglo.net/sites/default/files/GL433_0.jpg) on my G30 today and I have to say, in mid to low light conditions before the tritium green shows (shadows/not dark enough), the red is quite hard to see at times. I havn't had these on for longer than a day and I am willing to keep them on for a while longer, but they are not what I expected. I guess I expected the red to be more standoutish? For CC and HD, I am second guessing how fast I am able to acquire a target with these.

Anyone else have any similar findings?

beersngars
01-19-2011, 17:44
Never used those exact sights but have read that the human eye sees green much better than red.

dkf
01-20-2011, 08:29
I notice some shadowing of the orange with mine however the green tritium glows in those situations. There is enough difference between the blacked out rear sight and the front sight for me to distinguish the two and sight properly.

Genin
01-20-2011, 13:33
dreydin,
I am the same as you in that I expected the red to be bright in dim light, but in reality it does get rather dim to my eye. I those situations I still find the red and tritium dot easy to find in comparison to the plain black rear sight so it really doesn't affect me.

dreydin
01-20-2011, 17:27
Ameriglo's customer service is top notch. I e-mailed them and they are letting me do an exchange.

dudel
01-20-2011, 19:01
I have that set installed on a G38. My front sight stands out quite well. The red portion is certainly visible till the green picks up the slack. Maybe you got a front sight with a light (NPI) charge?