SR9c - is this a good deal? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : SR9c - is this a good deal?

Schrag4
01-20-2011, 09:33
I may have an opportunity to buy a used SR9c for 350, which includes a 10 and a 17 round mag. (I'm guessing that's how it comes NIB) I'm really more of a glock guy but my wife likes the looks of the SR9c and she wants "her own" gun, mostly because she says our Glock22 (.40) kicks her butt, but also because if I go to check on a bump in the night, she doesn't want to be left defenseless by herself. Yes, I understand if she gets her own gun we'll have to have a long chat about her not shooting me as I return from checking on said bump.

Anyway, I don't know how many rounds are through the gun, I'm asking the seller now. He's trying to sell it for $350. I suspect that's an excellent price, but I wanted to get your opinions. What condition does the gun need to be in for that to be a decent price? Thanks in advance!

alwaysshootin
01-20-2011, 11:25
That's a good price, really doubt round count matters much if at all. If the SR9C is like their other offerings, doubt you will wear it out. Rugers are known for their durability, and at $350, that's some good savings over a new one.

Orclin
01-20-2011, 11:28
Great price. Take it.

Schrag4
01-20-2011, 11:42
Thanks guys. If the wife likes the gun, I'll get it (assuming it's still available!) I'm new to Ruger but I hear pretty good things about them.

telecster
01-20-2011, 20:33
Buy it for her if still available..if not find another one and be a hero.. She will love it, you will love it and she will love you! Win, Win, Win...G26 just dropped on the want list after I got mine..Great trigger, accurate and little recoil..XS sights in the near future!

GRJfer
01-21-2011, 01:29
I just picked up it's big brother the SR9 for $325.00. Case and all with less then 150 round through it. Have no shot it yet, but if it shoots as good as it feels in my hand I think I going like it alot. It feels so much thinner than my G26. I will be looking for a good deal on a SR9C myself.