Social Thread LIII: Winter's Cold; Time To Warm Up [Archive] - Page 3 - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Social Thread LIII: Winter's Cold; Time To Warm Up

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Hack
02-24-2011, 22:39
Be careful, Hack! I'm doing the same on Saturday; CERT training.....

Well, it turned out to be a full day. Not counting a full hour break between shifts, a sixteen hour day altogether. Along with the holiday pay this week, Sweeet!

Hack
02-24-2011, 22:41
when will this winter finally end.
feels like its been cold for 6 month now.

We received more today.:dunno:

CJStudent
02-25-2011, 00:04
Well, it turned out to be a full day. Not counting a full hour break between shifts, a sixteen hour day altogether. Along with the holiday pay this week, Sweeet!

Woohoo! It was a crazy day on my end, too; spent half the shift dealing with one inmate....

OfficerChris
02-25-2011, 03:31
Woohoo! It was a crazy day on my end, too; spent half the shift dealing with one inmate....

did he tell you he loved you? :tongueout:

lawman800
02-25-2011, 05:06
OC, blackwater is a private training school here for operators and those who want to be operators. Aren't they also the contractors who got burned in Iraq and changed their name to Xe?

Anyway, their stuff looks and feels like UA.

OfficerChris
02-25-2011, 05:14
Well I know that blackwater quite good, but didnt know they sell shirts under their own brand

lawman800
02-25-2011, 05:17
Don't say I didn't do nothing for ya!

http://www.******tactical.com/blgetifitshs.html

OfficerChris
02-25-2011, 05:18
5.95?! holy cow!

CJStudent
02-25-2011, 10:22
did he tell you he loved you? :tongueout:

First he wanted to fake an illness, so we carried him out of the bunk to a wheelchair, then I had to go with him and the one pushing him to medical in a freezing-ass rain. Nothing wrong, miraculous recovery when we get there. I do a cell search on him when we get back, and find two razors that were altered into possible weapons. Then he wants to lie to me, three sergeants, and a lieutenant that come down there to deal with it.

Hack
02-25-2011, 10:46
First he wanted to fake an illness, so we carried him out of the bunk to a wheelchair, then I had to go with him and the one pushing him to medical in a freezing-ass rain. Nothing wrong, miraculous recovery when we get there. I do a cell search on him when we get back, and find two razors that were altered into possible weapons. Then he wants to lie to me, three sergeants, and a lieutenant that come down there to deal with it.

Mine was simpler, and of course since we were in hospital for surgery. He is now without what most men don't want to lose ... :whistling:

CJStudent
02-25-2011, 10:57
Mine was simpler, and of course since we were in hospital for surgery. He is now without what most men don't want to lose ... :whistling:

:shocked:

OUCH!!!!

Hack
02-25-2011, 11:06
:shocked:

OUCH!!!!

He kept one.:rofl:

RMolina628
02-25-2011, 13:19
what I learned today: a soda can left in the freezer for too long sounds like a 9mm being fired in your kitchen.

Horror
02-25-2011, 18:53
:wavey:

golls17
02-26-2011, 00:20
Years ago, I vowed never again to sleep in a college dorm room. Tonight it all changes. I had to decide whether to stay with my wife's cousin at a UW school or get up at 3:00am to make the drive for testing in the morning, and staying in the dorms won out.

I remember the days when 18 year old girls were hot. Now it's just gross. I'm only in my mid 20s, and I suddenly feel so old...

Hack
02-26-2011, 01:52
Years ago, I vowed never again to sleep in a college dorm room. Tonight it all changes. I had to decide whether to stay with my wife's cousin at a UW school or get up at 3:00am to make the drive for testing in the morning, and staying in the dorms won out.

I remember the days when 18 year old girls were hot. Now it's just gross. I'm only in my mid 20s, and I suddenly feel so old...

Wait until you're in your forties.

Hack
02-26-2011, 01:56
what I learned today: a soda can left in the freezer for too long sounds like a 9mm being fired in your kitchen.

The can being in the freezer was completely forgotten about until this excitement happened? I had that happen in my childhood. I was in my youth with my parents and there was no central heating unless you counted the living room stove. So, in a area of the house that was closed off and used for storage in part, there was glass bottles of soda, (back when they still had reusable soda bottles). They can be something else when they freeze.:rofl:

Hack
02-26-2011, 01:56

Hack
02-26-2011, 02:06
Well, three days of my life went by that wore me out. Wednesday I was sick with lower GI problems, so it was sleep when I could and be interrupted. Immodium normally works for that unless it is beyond Immodium. The things that finally contributed to restful sleep was a little sliced up garlic in butter, thinly spread on crackers, and honey; apple cider vinegar; water concoction. Those things placed things at rest and kept me asleep, amazing enough. Then I went to work that night smelling like a bottle of minced garlic, because I was munching down a clove of garlic every few hours, and that seemed to kill what was causing the problem. Then as soon as I got home I promptly took a probiotic tablet, had a little bite to eat, and went to work for another few hours, which was unexpectedly extended to eight and a half hours, and came back home and took another little nap. Then I go to work after all the snow hit this area, and had forgotten that I remained signed up for overtime for Friday, and the LT calls to see if I want more, to which I promptly reply I am already dragging. As soon as I got home, had a snack or two, and took my shots and my prescribed meds, I was in bed and out like a light until about eleven in the evening. Now I'm awake for a little while.

OfficerChris
02-26-2011, 02:31

all those not used opportunities... you will remember this night when you are old :tongueout:

OfficerChris
02-26-2011, 02:34
Well, three days of my life went by that wore me out. Wednesday I was sick with lower GI problems, so it was sleep when I could and be interrupted. Immodium normally works for that unless it is beyond Immodium. The things that finally contributed to restful sleep was a little sliced up garlic in butter, thinly spread on crackers, and honey; apple cider vinegar; water concoction. Those things placed things at rest and kept me asleep, amazing enough. Then I went to work that night smelling like a bottle of minced garlic, because I was munching down a clove of garlic every few hours, and that seemed to kill what was causing the problem. Then as soon as I got home I promptly took a probiotic tablet, had a little bite to eat, and went to work for another few hours, which was unexpectedly extended to eight and a half hours, and came back home and took another little nap. Then I go to work after all the snow hit this area, and had forgotten that I remained signed up for overtime for Friday, and the LT calls to see if I want more, to which I promptly reply I am already dragging. As soon as I got home, had a snack or two, and took my shots and my prescribed meds, I was in bed and out like a light until about eleven in the evening. Now I'm awake for a little while.

I really start to worry about your health.

Hack
02-26-2011, 02:38
I really start to worry about your health.

Nothing to worry about. It was a pathogenic invasion repelled, in combination with working and earning that extra money.:supergrin:

OfficerChris
02-26-2011, 02:51
you are the only person here where I have to look in the dictionary or google every third word lol

Hack
02-26-2011, 02:52
you are the only person here where I have to look in the dictionary or google every third word lol

:rofl: I'm that way with Spanish. German, I just use a translator. :rofl:

Agent6-3/8
02-26-2011, 14:13

My policy used to be that if they're in college they're old enough and thats all I need to know! :supergrin:

golls17
02-26-2011, 15:17
I realized today how much my drive home reflects the protests in the WI capital: all along the way there were signs posted saying things like "No U-turns", "End Construction", and "Merge Left.". At one point, I even had the option to drive to either Madison or Chicago. Just an observation...

CJStudent
02-27-2011, 01:33
Hey Hack, do y'all have some sort of prison industries at your work? We on the CERT team shook down the print shop today, and we could have filled a dump truck with the contraband. Just what they have access to in the normal course of their job is mind-boggling! :wow:

lawman800
02-27-2011, 01:58
It's snowing in Burbank and 43F where I am... WTF is up with SoCal?

OfficerChris
02-27-2011, 05:10
I watched 10 episodes in a row of californication yesterday. What an awesome show, love it.

Hack
02-27-2011, 09:44
Hey Hack, do y'all have some sort of prison industries at your work? We on the CERT team shook down the print shop today, and we could have filled a dump truck with the contraband. Just what they have access to in the normal course of their job is mind-boggling! :wow:

Oh yeah. Always something coming up. Tattooing is an ever-present thing. With Hep C and MRSA showing up more often I think some people are coming down harder on it now, which is good.

Hack
02-27-2011, 09:44
It's snowing in Burbank and 43F where I am... WTF is up with SoCal?

:eyebrow::wow:

Horror
02-27-2011, 09:48
buenos dias Hack :wavey:

OfficerChris
02-27-2011, 10:02
cleared out lots of old stuff today, time to get some space. Will also try to sell as much as possible on ebay. Unbelievable how much unused things there are in just one apartment.

CJStudent
02-27-2011, 12:25
Oh yeah. Always something coming up. Tattooing is an ever-present thing. With Hep C and MRSA showing up more often I think some people are coming down harder on it now, which is good.

Yeah, same here. We lost count of just how much electrical wire we took out of there, plus even a few shanks in progress. All sorts of eye-opening stuff! :wow:

CJStudent
02-27-2011, 13:08
Okay, I'm thinking again, and dreaming, and it's dangerous, lol.

Okay, I have a decent check coming from AT this year with my Guard unit above and beyond my regular pay (paid military leave). I also have a VERY nice reenlistment bonus coming next January.

My quandary is this. I want a good, fighting AR, and a decent fighting 1911 as well. This is what I'm thinking of (granted this is all dreaming until the funds actually become available, lol):

When I get my AT pay, getting a Spike's Tactical brand mid-length AR; this:

http://www.spikestactical.com/new/z/st15-midlength-le-carbine-p-443.html

I'll probably change the handguards for either MagPul MOE ones or one of the Troy drop-in style railed handguards, and mount my Surefire M961 on it. I may change the rear sight, and/or add an optic; I'm undecided on that. I'm actually more of a fan of irons, but that may be changing.

As to the 1911, I'm thinking of picking up a parkerized Springfield Mil-Spec, and sending it to Novak for this package:

http://www.novaksights.com/customguns/1911/enhancement.html

Basically something to upgrade the sights, and smooth things out a bit, but keep the basic GI-type looks.

What say you all?

Horror
02-27-2011, 13:23
the AR could look a little more tactical.

light, optic and grip

lawman800
02-27-2011, 16:40
The AR is black so it's tactical enough.

CJ, just some advice from an old fart that didn't know any better. If you got a few grand to spare, put it away in an investment. I know everyone is iffy on this economy, but think about dumping the money in an Roth IRA. You still have time to make it count as last years contribution. Let it grow. You can take it out to buy a house with no penalties.

You will be surprised how much money can grow if you just leave it and wait. The younger you start, the easier it is. If you start in your 20's, you will be way ahead of someone in their 30's who has to play catch up.

CJStudent
02-27-2011, 20:19
The AR is black so it's tactical enough.

CJ, just some advice from an old fart that didn't know any better. If you got a few grand to spare, put it away in an investment. I know everyone is iffy on this economy, but think about dumping the money in an Roth IRA. You still have time to make it count as last years contribution. Let it grow. You can take it out to buy a house with no penalties.

You will be surprised how much money can grow if you just leave it and wait. The younger you start, the easier it is. If you start in your 20's, you will be way ahead of someone in their 30's who has to play catch up.

That's a very good idea. The bonus will be a hair under $2K, after taxes. I want an AR, regardless, though. Gotta keep the zombies (undead and alive) away!

Any suggestions/advice on investing? I don't even speak the language, unfortunately.

lawman800
02-27-2011, 21:22
If you want something simple, go to ETrade and put your money in one of their IRA accounts. You don't need to dump a lot of money to start. A grand or two would get you off to a good start at your age. You can buy an AR but make sure you take care of your future first. It's like the automatic set aside savings trick for people. Pay yourself before you pay others.

CJStudent
02-27-2011, 21:30
If you want something simple, go to ETrade and put your money in one of their IRA accounts. You don't need to dump a lot of money to start. A grand or two would get you off to a good start at your age. You can buy an AR but make sure you take care of your future first. It's like the automatic set aside savings trick for people. Pay yourself before you pay others.

Makes sense. What I'm thinking now, with that in mind, is trying to get the AR with the AT money, and invest the bonus money (around $1700, I just figured out).

Agent6-3/8
02-27-2011, 22:15
Okay, I'm thinking again, and dreaming, and it's dangerous, lol.

Okay, I have a decent check coming from AT this year with my Guard unit above and beyond my regular pay (paid military leave). I also have a VERY nice reenlistment bonus coming next January.

My quandary is this. I want a good, fighting AR, and a decent fighting 1911 as well. This is what I'm thinking of (granted this is all dreaming until the funds actually become available, lol):

When I get my AT pay, getting a Spike's Tactical brand mid-length AR; this:

http://www.spikestactical.com/new/z/st15-midlength-le-carbine-p-443.html

I'll probably change the handguards for either MagPul MOE ones or one of the Troy drop-in style railed handguards, and mount my Surefire M961 on it. I may change the rear sight, and/or add an optic; I'm undecided on that. I'm actually more of a fan of irons, but that may be changing.

As to the 1911, I'm thinking of picking up a parkerized Springfield Mil-Spec, and sending it to Novak for this package:

http://www.novaksights.com/customguns/1911/enhancement.html

Basically something to upgrade the sights, and smooth things out a bit, but keep the basic GI-type looks.

What say you all?

To help to keep dreaming...Can't really comment on Spike's but from all I hear they make good stuff.

Now, the 1911 is more my specialty. Novak does awesome work. When I lived in northern WV I was about and hour and a half from them. I took my SA Mil-Spec project to Novak for a tritium front sight. I was just going to drop it off, but Wayne Novak offered to do it while I waited to save me the drive. We talked a bit and I read through a book he loaned me while they milled my slide and installed the sight. He even checked the gun over and complimented me on the work I'd done myself. I think all told it cost me $100 and I even got a free ball cap out of the deal. The encouragement he gave to keep smithing has cost me considerably more. :supergrin:

Hack
02-27-2011, 22:55

I know being a member of the federal government agency that I am, we have the Thrift Savings Plan. Up to certain percentage is matched, and that is money in the bank for me and my wife. Also, the earlier one starts the better. Now, you are working for KY, so I would suggest looking at any plans for investment that they may offer. It is a good idea to invest while you can. AR's are a nice thing to have, but you cannot eat those. You already have a pistol or two, and one rifle right?

Now, after you have invested for awhile, you could possibly borrow against yourself if you thought you needed to. I did that, although it was not the first choice that I had. But, the facts were at the time that I thought I had need of the money from my account, so I borrowed against my account. I still pay myself back. That is the TSP account. TSP is also working on an Roth IRA so that for those just starting out they get to invest, pay the taxes now, and will not have to pay taxes on the withdrawals from that part of their retirement later. I almost envy them.

However, if you are going to get an AR, get one that you can make do with, and add stuff to a little at a time.

Invest the rest. I would say invest at least $1000.00 into a savings account, if nothing else, so you can have that as emergency money. Next invest into a Roth IRA every pay period, if you don't already have an inhouse investment that is matched or contributed to in some way by your employer, their contribution is free money. When you get out of KY and finally make the leap to federal, as in active duty National Guard or something like that, you will have the option of enrolling in the TSP as a AGR employee, if I am not mistaken. It would be worth your while to check it out. Meanwhile, if the state investment is secure, leave it be and let it grow, which is what I am doing now with my state retirement. Hopefully it will be enough for a little steak dinner money, lol.

CJStudent
02-27-2011, 23:20
I know being a member of the federal government agency that I am, we have the Thrift Savings Plan. Up to certain percentage is matched, and that is money in the bank for me and my wife. Also, the earlier one starts the better. Now, you are working for KY, so I would suggest looking at any plans for investment that they may offer. It is a good idea to invest while you can. AR's are a nice thing to have, but you cannot eat those. You already have a pistol or two, and one rifle right?

Now, after you have invested for awhile, you could possibly borrow against yourself if you thought you needed to. I did that, although it was not the first choice that I had. But, the facts were at the time that I thought I had need of the money from my account, so I borrowed against my account. I still pay myself back. That is the TSP account. TSP is also working on an Roth IRA so that for those just starting out they get to invest, pay the taxes now, and will not have to pay taxes on the withdrawals from that part of their retirement later. I almost envy them.

However, if you are going to get an AR, get one that you can make do with, and add stuff to a little at a time.

Invest the rest. I would say invest at least $1000.00 into a savings account, if nothing else, so you can have that as emergency money. Next invest into a Roth IRA every pay period, if you don't already have an inhouse investment that is matched or contributed to in some way by your employer, their contribution is free money. When you get out of KY and finally make the leap to federal, as in active duty National Guard or something like that, you will have the option of enrolling in the TSP as a AGR employee, if I am not mistaken. It would be worth your while to check it out. Meanwhile, if the state investment is secure, leave it be and let it grow, which is what I am doing now with my state retirement. Hopefully it will be enough for a little steak dinner money, lol.

We have a TSP available, though I'll be the first to admit I don't know much of anything about it. I'll look into it; talk to Personnel about it the next time I have the chance to drop by. The main thing there, though, is frankly I barely make enough on my state pay to pay the bills, fuel the Jeep, and eat. My Guard pay is where my "fun" money comes from, and even some of that goes to pay bills. All pay raises, other than promotions and post-probationary raises, are frozen right now, so it's not going up. Part of the reason I'm trying to promote right now. I'm back to liking my job, and thinking I'll stay for a while, unless I get an offer from CBP or BOP (waiting on a position to open with BOP).

As to the AR, I used to have one and sold it. I don't have a "fighting rifle" anymore; the only rifle I have is a Mosin-Nagant M91/30 that's a collector's piece to me, and a .22 Savage bolt gun. I have the handguns covered; I just have wanted a 1911 for a while, lol. That can be put on hold, though. I want an AR a) before a ban, if one's coming, happens, and b) because, frankly, I foresee society breaking down sometime in the next 10-15 years, and want to be able to hold out, and defend my own. The conditions are almost there, if they're not already there; only a catalyst is missing, in my opinion. In light of budgets and all, though, I'm going to compromise a bit on the AR, and get a decent, mil-spec base gun that's one of the cheaper ones of that quality, and build on it as I can. Frankly, though, that "building" may be MagPul MOE handguards with just enough rails to mount my Surefire weapons light on. I'm definitely a follower of KISS when it comes to fighting guns.

CJStudent
02-27-2011, 23:21
To help to keep dreaming...Can't really comment on Spike's but from all I hear they make good stuff.

Now, the 1911 is more my specialty. Novak does awesome work. When I lived in northern WV I was about and hour and a half from them. I took my SA Mil-Spec project to Novak for a tritium front sight. I was just going to drop it off, but Wayne Novak offered to do it while I waited to save me the drive. We talked a bit and I read through a book he loaned me while they milled my slide and installed the sight. He even checked the gun over and complimented me on the work I'd done myself. I think all told it cost me $100 and I even got a free ball cap out of the deal. The encouragement he gave to keep smithing has cost me considerably more. :supergrin:

That's awesome, man! You and I may need to talk if/when I ever finally get a 1911....

lawman800
02-28-2011, 00:31
If you really want a fighting rifle on the cheap, an AR can be had for $600 or so if you want to build it up yourself. My cheapest one is an Armalite A3 upper ($400) coupled with a complete Plum Crazy lower ($150). I added a KZ FSB rail ($30) and put a M3 light that I had on it and finished it with a $50 fixed NM rear sight. It is light and serves my needs just fine and it tips the scales at 6.2 pounds unloaded. There's something to be said about a light handy rifle.

However, if your employer has matching funds for pensions, I would max that out. It's free money. We only get CA PERS paid for by the employer so the rest is up to me to put money aside from my own funds into a separate account like my Roth and other mutual funds.

CJStudent
02-28-2011, 00:33
Badass combat footage: MH-60L DAP (Blackhawk gunship; 7.62mm Minis, 70mm rockets, and the same 30mm gun as the Apache; mounted in whatever combo they want) and AH-6's ruin a bad guy's day in Iraq:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcWFsXkdl4E

CJStudent
02-28-2011, 00:35
If you really want a fighting rifle on the cheap, an AR can be had for $600 or so if you want to build it up yourself. My cheapest one is an Armalite A3 upper ($400) coupled with a complete Plum Crazy lower ($150). I added a KZ FSB rail ($30) and put a M3 light that I had on it and finished it with a $50 fixed NM rear sight. It is light and serves my needs just fine and it tips the scales at 6.2 pounds unloaded. There's something to be said about a light handy rifle.

However, if your employer has matching funds for pensions, I would max that out. It's free money. We only get CA PERS paid for by the employer so the rest is up to me to put money aside from my own funds into a separate account like my Roth and other mutual funds.

We do have matching funds for pensions. We contribute 9% of our pay to it, and they put so much back (I forget exactly how much).

And I could get a really cheap AR, but it would be just that: a really cheap one. I want one relatively inexpensive, but one that's mil-spec and going to hold up. I only plan on doing this once, so I want to do it right.

Hack
02-28-2011, 08:13
We do have matching funds for pensions. We contribute 9% of our pay to it, and they put so much back (I forget exactly how much).

And I could get a really cheap AR, but it would be just that: a really cheap one. I want one relatively inexpensive, but one that's mil-spec and going to hold up. I only plan on doing this once, so I want to do it right.

Here is a thought concerning a good rifle. AR platform is a good platform, don't get me wrong on that. It would probably be a preference of mine. If you just want a good hold out gun that is quality I will give you a list of those that will work just fine, and are durable, and will do for you for a first one.

AK47 is a good gun. You can hunt deer with it, where you cannot do as well with an AR15, but you could with an AR10. I have an acquaintance of mine from work who has dealt with them, and they are tough rifle. You can drop those things in the dirt and they will still work.

SKS is also good.

Any good inexpensive semi auto in 30-06 from Walmart.

A Mossberg 500 in 12 gauge.

Keep the Mosin Nagant, or trade up to a higher powered hunting rifle if you are concerned about bigger game than a Alaskan brown bear.

Get a good multi purpose knife, like a military fighting knife.

Get a long revolver in .357 magnum, something like a four to six inch barrel, and have your choice of reliable semi automatic pistol in 45 ACP but no lower than 9mm Luger.

Some things to remember along with that: simple is best in survival situations. The less do dads to be concerned about, the better off you will be; the less you need batteries for, the better off you will be.

The object in survival situations is to blend in and survive. If you travel light, and take with you only what you need and learn to get by with it then you will do well.

The 5.56mm round is not much more than a varmint gun. In fact a .308; 7.62X39; 7.62X54R; 30-06 are all military rounds that will disable person much more so to the point of death whereas a 5.56mm was designed to incapacitate a human, and not serve you as well for hunting larger game. Should you come against an enemy combatant with a 5.56mm you can always do him in and take his.

Experiment concerning how to get by with the least amount of stuff.

Remember if you have to bug out, you need not only weapons but good quality clothing and footwear, water, food, and shelter.

Oh, keep a pocket Bible of your choice with you.

lawman800
02-28-2011, 10:33
I was going to suggest a 30 cal rifle as that is... Or was... The minimum acceptable calibre for an American fighting rifle. Then again, it's nice to be able to stock up on ammo because the 223 is still relatively cheaper than the 30 cal ammo.

Either way, just start investing. You'll thank me when you near retirement and see that beautiful nest egg you built from my wisdom.:supergrin:

Hack
02-28-2011, 10:41
I was going to suggest a 30 cal rifle as that is... Or was... The minimum acceptable calibre for an American fighting rifle. Then again, it's nice to be able to stock up on ammo because the 223 is still relatively cheaper than the 30 cal ammo.

Either way, just start investing. You'll thank me when you near retirement and see that beautiful nest egg you built from my wisdom.:supergrin:

I believe a diversified investment is a good thing to do. That is what I am doing in my TSP, although as I get closer to retirement more of my investment will be going into what is considered the more secure investments. He on the other hand is young enough where after he saves up enough for an emergency fund and makes sure that his needs are met that he will be able to invest, even if it is just a little bit a time. Perhaps if he gets in the BOP or something it will make it easier for him, especially if he continues in the area of the country where he currently resides at.

Agent6-3/8
02-28-2011, 10:46

Thats the catch. I built an AR back in Spetember or October. All told, I think I ended up spending $1100 or $1200 on it. I could have definitely built a cheaper rifle, but instead I decided to build a quality gun exactly how I wanted. I ended up going with a BCM 16" mid upper with a NIB S&W stripped lower bought locally. I bought a lower parts kit that came with Daniel Defense parts and Magpul furniture.

I could have easily brought it in for under $1k and probably $800 if I'd with a lower quality parts kit, a standard grip, stock and handguard instead of Magpul and Troy and foregone niceties such as rail guards, ASAP plate, sling, etc. I also paid more than necessary for my lower, but S&W makes a known quality part and a LGS thats been good to me had one in stock.

Overall, I think I did ok. What I ended up with is a quality rifle I'd have no quams throwing in a patrol car and using as a duty rifle and had lots of fun (and learned a lot) building it.

Hack
02-28-2011, 11:24
http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinHumor.htm

A little humour.:rofl:

CJStudent
02-28-2011, 12:35
Thanks for all the advice, everyone. I'm on a kick now to try to better myself. I'm going to invest at least $1k of the re-up bonus next January, and I'm going back to school, hopefully full-time, this fall. Eastern Kentucky University has an online (completely online) bachelor's degree in Corrections and Juvenile Justice Studies. The major-required courses are 8-week courses, so if I take two at a time, I can still be full-time, and hopefully not overload myself. I applied today and did the FAFSA, and am now trying to round up transcripts, and seeing what kind of credit I can get for my military training, and possibly my DOC courses.

The nice thing is the ARNG will pay for it for me! :supergrin:

RMolina628
02-28-2011, 12:41
Thanks for all the advice, everyone. I'm on a kick now to try to better myself. I'm going to invest at least $1k of the re-up bonus next January, and I'm going back to school, hopefully full-time, this fall. Eastern Kentucky University has an online (completely online) bachelor's degree in Corrections and Juvenile Justice Studies. The major-required courses are 8-week courses, so if I take two at a time, I can still be full-time, and hopefully not overload myself. I applied today and did the FAFSA, and am now trying to round up transcripts, and seeing what kind of credit I can get for my military training, and possibly my DOC courses.

The nice thing is the ARNG will pay for it for me! :supergrin:

Good luck! I'm right along with ya.

RMolina628
02-28-2011, 12:42
Going to look at a gym when the wife gets out of work. I need to do something with my health!

OfficerChris
02-28-2011, 13:22
In the next two days I am going to book my flight to SF.. yayy!!

lawman800
02-28-2011, 14:53
Good deal.

Agent6-3/8
02-28-2011, 15:01
Going to look at a gym when the wife gets out of work. I need to do something with my health!

Seems like any more I'm lucky if I workout twice a week. I've got pretty much zero motivation...

OfficerChris
02-28-2011, 16:23
omg I love Californication

Horror
02-28-2011, 16:27
In the next two days I am going to book my flight to SF.. yayy!!

one way hoffe ich?

OfficerChris
02-28-2011, 16:29
not yet hehe

Hack
02-28-2011, 23:05
Here I go again. Back to work again.

CJStudent
02-28-2011, 23:40
Here I go again. Back to work again.

Sounds like a marching cadence, lol: Here we go again......same ol' **** again...

Hack
03-01-2011, 08:32
Sounds like a marching cadence, lol: Here we go again......same ol' **** again...

Yeah, that's pretty much the sentiment, :).

CJStudent
03-01-2011, 12:40
Yeah, that's pretty much the sentiment, :).

I hear ya on that. It's becoming a long month or two, with drill and CERT training in back-to-back weekends....

Horror
03-01-2011, 16:25

OfficerChris
03-01-2011, 17:01
Whole day working plain clothes in my boss suit in the parliament. Quite interesting and easy money. Funny to watch the politicians and hear them talk about private stuff.

Hack
03-01-2011, 21:19

Hack
03-01-2011, 21:19
Whole day working plain clothes in my boss suit in the parliament. Quite interesting and easy money. Funny to watch the politicians and hear them talk about private stuff.

While in session?

Hack
03-01-2011, 21:20
Cooked up a couple of quick pans of plantain chips.:eat: The family of course loved them.

lawman800
03-01-2011, 22:29
Got my new wool coat for the harsh California winter. I'm set for this week.

OfficerChris
03-02-2011, 08:44
While in session?

Dont know what you exactly mean, but yes, while at work. I also saw them surfing fb on their notebooks all the time lol

OfficerChris
03-02-2011, 08:49
So I did it

I AM COMING USA!!

booked my flight and a mustang convertible.

I am flying from Vienna to Toronto and then SF. Didnt know that its possible to fly like that, but the schedule is waaaay better then the others where. Had to pay a little bit more, but its ok, still a good price with the car. Nonethless it will be an expensive trip lol.

So I start on the 14th of May and fly back home on the 29th.

Lawman I am looking forward to drink some beers with you. Thought about staying in LA for two or three nights during the week. So it might be cheaper and I can actually see something of the city.

Really looking forward for the trip and I hope that:

1. I get my Mustang convertible and not some kind of stupid girls car
2. weather is fine
3. I dont spend too much money lol.

Hide your daughters, Chris is coming :rofl:

OfficerChris
03-02-2011, 08:49
have to post this in my topic too

lawman800
03-02-2011, 09:39
Good to know OC. Do you have any idea which dates are reserved for LA?

Btw, Mustang convertibles are chick cars in SoCal. Especially the pretty red ones. All the secretaries and college girls drive them.:whistling:

OfficerChris
03-02-2011, 10:19
Not to me, its a thing with big hairy balls haha. And from what I heared it shouldn't be a problem in SF, its quite liberal concerning men doing women things, right? lol

When would it be a good idea to visit LA? Thought about the second week, like Tuesday to Thursday or something like that

Horror
03-02-2011, 16:56
wolltest du mich nicht mit nach SF einladen?

Hack
03-02-2011, 21:31
So I did it

I AM COMING USA!!

Enjoy yourself, experience some good things while in the country. One of these days you'll have to come to the Midwest. There is a lot to see here, but it is more laid back than on some of the coastal areas.

Hack
03-02-2011, 21:40
http://www.spectraders.com/assets/product/oakley-whisker/oakley-pewter/crop_whisker_pewter_01.jpg

My next pair of eyeglasses.

RMolina628
03-02-2011, 21:51
another long day! It seems that I am doing more homework on spring break than I was when school was in session.

Hack
03-02-2011, 22:18
another long day! It seems that I am doing more homework on spring break than I was when school was in session.

Sounds like your definitely keeping busy.

CJStudent
03-03-2011, 00:33
Hack, you would have enjoyed this. I just got home from work, when I'm normally home over an hour ago. That hour was filled with paperwork thanks to one idiot that we had to go in on in seg a grand total of four times (I did the middle two), and one that wanted to smoke in the bathroom and thus got locked up in seg at the end of the shift, that I had to help pack up. After that got finished, THEN I got to finish the paperwork from the cell entries. Pass me a beer....

RMolina628
03-03-2011, 06:54
Sounds like your definitely keeping busy.

very much so, several of my classes seem to have a heavier homework load in the last 5 weeks. My plan is to get a few things done; or at the least started so I am not slammed near the end.

Hack
03-03-2011, 09:11
Hack, you would have enjoyed this. I just got home from work, when I'm normally home over an hour ago. That hour was filled with paperwork thanks to one idiot that we had to go in on in seg a grand total of four times (I did the middle two), and one that wanted to smoke in the bathroom and thus got locked up in seg at the end of the shift, that I had to help pack up. After that got finished, THEN I got to finish the paperwork from the cell entries. Pass me a beer....

Sounds like a busy day. The one you mentioned about reminds me of one that would act up once a day and get pepper sprayed once a day, plus have restraints added, other times it was pepper balls, another time more restraints, another time sandwiched between psych mattresses, and the inmate was doing all of this in order to get himself transferred. The funny thing was he did not have any problems with me, and actually gave me a heads up before doing all of the acting out. Of course my corhorts heard from me about that one.:supergrin:

Hack
03-03-2011, 09:12
Huevos y tortillas de maiz. I'm full.

Horror
03-03-2011, 16:40

me lo pasado sopa de patatas con salchicha y el mendrugo.

Horror
03-03-2011, 18:03
marble cake :eat:

RMolina628
03-04-2011, 07:35

I'm the only one that eats migas around here.

Hack
03-04-2011, 07:52
I'm the only one that eats migas around here.

Love good migas dish. I just had the bare bones version yesterday, but it was good.

RMolina628
03-04-2011, 08:53
Love good migas dish. I just had the bare bones version yesterday, but it was good.

The wife doesn't care for it therefore the little ones will not try it. I guess it means more for me!

Hack
03-04-2011, 09:04
The wife doesn't care for it therefore the little ones will not try it. I guess it means more for me!

He, he. I understand that one. I'm lucky. My wife and kid will both eat about anything good here.

Hack
03-04-2011, 09:25
Ah, mas migas.:eat:

lawman800
03-04-2011, 11:21
Me gustarica huevos rancheros.

Hack
03-04-2011, 12:18
Me gustarica huevos rancheros.

Esta es una otra cosa que desfruto.:eat:

Horror
03-04-2011, 17:00
:sigh:

OfficerChris
03-04-2011, 17:10
just came back from a nightshooting competition. Very nice, had a lot of fun and ... didnt hit a thing lol. Well its ok, its not my rifle and some stages had been ok, but my buddy and I extremely sucked on the last one: 150 Shots, 19 hits on 100m lol. It was in the dark and our lamps sucked, the smoke from the barrel blocked the sight all the time, but thats the fun while doing it. Nonethless, how on earth did we hit so less with such an amount of lead flying towards the targets lol?

Horror
03-05-2011, 12:38
really quiet in here

Hack
03-05-2011, 23:37
really quiet in here

I got on a little bit today. Not much going on here except as soon as I got up I made a couple of pots of tea, watched part of a shabbat service, took the family out to eat. After that I tried to find a pair of inexpensive work boots. No could do today, so I am going to see if OMB Police Express has something on hand Monday after work. I just hate going any place on my Monday.

OfficerChris
03-06-2011, 09:04
kein absinth mehr

Horror
03-06-2011, 10:00
kein absinth mehr

dann trink O-Saft

Hack
03-06-2011, 19:42
Wasser mit ... ?

Hack
03-06-2011, 19:45
It's been a busy day today. Church in the morning; pick up necessities from the store; pick up Buffalo style chicken hoagies from Subway; take a siesta, and get up to take kid to a monthly youth get together; have a snack; get up and go get her from the get together.

I feel as busy as a football dad.

RMolina628
03-06-2011, 19:55
working on the third revision of my term paper. I am having a hard time with not coming across very cynical.

Hack
03-06-2011, 20:16
working on the third revision of my term paper. I am having a hard time with not coming across very cynical.

One of those things that come from age and experience. How is the prof?

CJStudent
03-06-2011, 21:05
Sounds like a busy day. The one you mentioned about reminds me of one that would act up once a day and get pepper sprayed once a day, plus have restraints added, other times it was pepper balls, another time more restraints, another time sandwiched between psych mattresses, and the inmate was doing all of this in order to get himself transferred. The funny thing was he did not have any problems with me, and actually gave me a heads up before doing all of the acting out. Of course my corhorts heard from me about that one.:supergrin:

Lucky; we can't use OC in seg anymore; the idiot that designed the HVAC system has the air flow throughout the entire wing, from cell to cell, carrying any chemical agent deployed throughout every cell.

Hack
03-06-2011, 21:18
Lucky; we can't use OC in seg anymore; the idiot that designed the HVAC system has the air flow throughout the entire wing, from cell to cell, carrying any chemical agent deployed throughout every cell.

Niice. Here, I don't know if they are overly concerned with that. Pepper a bunch and get it over with right?:whistling:

Right now we only have one adseg unit in operation, whereas we had three. The older two are the ones that are no longer in operation, due to structural deficiencies. But, since we are a medium custody outfit we no longer need those. When we were a high max there were times that we needed every bit of space, for the conflagration that sometimes resulted between two rival large groups, or what have you.

lawman800
03-06-2011, 22:19
Funny thing is when I visited the Lompoc institutions, the inmates at the USP were a lot better behaved than the ones at the FCI.

Hack
03-06-2011, 22:43
Funny thing is when I visited the Lompoc institutions, the inmates at the USP were a lot better behaved than the ones at the FCI.

The inmates at a medium from what I understand concerning other institutions seem to fight more with "less lethal", whereas the ones at High/Max facilities tend to not fool with it as much, and then when they really get PO'd at someone they just kill him.

lawman800
03-06-2011, 23:18
The funniest thing was at the FCI, we saw a note taped to someone's message board next to his bunk that said, "I think you're cute."

RMolina628
03-07-2011, 11:09
One of those things that come from age and experience. How is the prof?

the professor should be okay with most of it. She is the same person that said I managed to crush most of the bright-eyed kids dreams in the class telling them that they would have a better chance hitting the lotto while winning the peace prize than finding a department that would hire you straight on as a homicide detective. Kids these days:fred:

OfficerChris
03-07-2011, 11:51
Hey guys.

Met with a guy from our country wide swat team today. He sold me an böker applegate knife for quite cheap. Nice thing, very sharp, love the looks and the autograph on the blade

http://static.letsbuyit.com/filer/images/de/products/original/312/94/bker-dolch-applegate-fairbairn-combat-i-31294934.jpeg

Horror
03-07-2011, 12:23
now you can sneak up behind someone and cut his throat!

lawman800
03-07-2011, 22:37
Hey guys.

Met with a guy from our country wide swat team today. He sold me an böker applegate knife for quite cheap. Nice thing, very sharp, love the looks and the autograph on the blade

http://static.letsbuyit.com/filer/images/de/products/original/312/94/bker-dolch-applegate-fairbairn-combat-i-31294934.jpeg

I had one given to me as a gift from an ex that I was not very fond of. I sold it on eBay and never looked back. It was a nice knife though. Bring that knife with you to LA and give it to your favorite SoCal cop as a show of goodwill between cops from different continents.:supergrin:

CJStudent
03-07-2011, 23:56
TASER training tomorrow. It's during my normal shift time, though. The captain called and told me as we were finishing the shift tonight, and also told me that he expects me to "take one for the team" and take the ride (it's optional). I've always said I would for a certification class (you get a pewter X-26 pin for your uniform and bragging rights), but I'm not so sure now, lol.

OfficerChris
03-08-2011, 00:47
I had one given to me as a gift from an ex that I was not very fond of. I sold it on eBay and never looked back. It was a nice knife though. Bring that knife with you to LA and give it to your favorite SoCal cop as a show of goodwill between cops from different continents.:supergrin:

Sadly I think I don't want to drive around the country with such a knife in my bag and beeing a tourist. Homeland Security would probably send me to guantanamo bay lol.

Btw sent you a mail; is it allowed to carry some kind of defensive weapon in CA?

lawman800
03-08-2011, 03:41
Yes, you can carry pepper spray as a defensive weapon and the C2 civilian taser. You can carry a folding knife clipped to your pocket as a "tool" not as a weapon. You can carry a cane or walking stick and even a bat. But most bars and clubs will not let you in with any of the above.

Hey, I got ya covered here.:whistling:

OfficerChris
03-08-2011, 06:41
Guess I might buy a pepperspray then

RMolina628
03-08-2011, 07:15
0730 is too early for a midterm exam. I believe I did well though.

Hack
03-08-2011, 07:48
TASER training tomorrow. It's during my normal shift time, though. The captain called and told me as we were finishing the shift tonight, and also told me that he expects me to "take one for the team" and take the ride (it's optional). I've always said I would for a certification class (you get a pewter X-26 pin for your uniform and bragging rights), but I'm not so sure now, lol.

You'll do just fine.:) Take a couple of seconds for me too.:whistling:

Hack
03-08-2011, 07:49
0730 is too early for a midterm exam. I believe I did well though.

What?! That's inhumane! They should have thrown in breakfast.:supergrin:

Hack
03-08-2011, 07:51
You can carry a cane or walking stick and even a bat. But most bars and clubs will not let you in with any of the above.

Hey, I got ya covered here.:whistling:

I carry a cane once in a while since I have injuries that I nurse in my left knee, right foot. They just don't go away, and with age the barometer effect is sometimes well noticed by me.:fred:

RMolina628
03-08-2011, 08:17
What?! That's inhumane! They should have thrown in breakfast.:supergrin:

my gallon jug o' coffee helped me through.

RMolina628
03-08-2011, 08:20
I carry a cane once in a while since I have injuries that I nurse in my left knee, right foot. They just don't go away, and with age the barometer effect is sometimes well noticed by me.:fred:

i know how it is. I can tell you about the storm system moving in by the pops and creeks my body makes when getting out of bed. If it sounds like I'm walking on bubble wrap when I wake up; its going to rain or snow.

lawman800
03-08-2011, 09:34
Guess I might buy a pepperspray then

City ordinances vary and in San Fran, you might be limited to pepper spray that shoots out rainbows and unicorn farts so nobody gets hurt and everyone is happier for it.

The little keychain versions are only US$10 or so.

volsbear
03-08-2011, 19:52
Blech.

Hack
03-08-2011, 22:33
Up and at 'em! Rise and shine! Time to to go to work!

OK, I am still motivated only by the paycheck this morning. Blech.:embarassed:

CJStudent
03-08-2011, 23:24
Well, I'm now a certified end user for the X-26 Taser. The ride was voluntary, so I opted out, lol. I just don't see the true point of it, other than macho points (unlike OC/CS).

lawman800
03-09-2011, 04:20
Well, I'm now a certified end user for the X-26 Taser. The ride was voluntary, so I opted out, lol. I just don't see the true point of it, other than macho points (unlike OC/CS).

You didn't want that nifty pin that you can buy from any uniform store for $4.95?

Woofie
03-09-2011, 05:09
Heavy rain, thunder and lightening for the next five hours at least. I just called in sick. Work is dangerous enough, I see no reason to make it worse by working in this weather.

It's construction. The chemical plant can wait until a sunny day.

Hack
03-09-2011, 08:12
Heavy rain, thunder and lightening for the next five hours at least. I just called in sick. Work is dangerous enough, I see no reason to make it worse by working in this weather.

It's construction. The chemical plant can wait until a sunny day.

Can't say as I blame a person for wanting to play it safe. Life is too short as it is.:cool:

Hack
03-09-2011, 08:13

We need something like that here, but I don't see it happening. When we went from being a Hi/Max to a medium they changed the rules on us.:upeyes:

Sharky7
03-09-2011, 11:16

No pin? 5 seconds of pain ain't too bad for a new shiny pin.

Woofie
03-09-2011, 11:28

I did it. Hurt like hell, but it was a fun experience.

Builds character.

Woofie
03-09-2011, 11:36
Can't say as I blame a person for wanting to play it safe. Life is too short as it is.:cool:

Yeah. Plant work is dangerous enough under good conditions to want to go work in a thunderstorm.

A nearby refinery just lost a guy because of a hydrogen sulfide release. H2S is nasty stuff and I've had several run ins with it while doing work at Exxon.

CJStudent
03-09-2011, 11:53
You didn't want that nifty pin that you can buy from any uniform store for $4.95?

We need something like that here, but I don't see it happening. When we went from being a Hi/Max to a medium they changed the rules on us.:upeyes:

No pin? 5 seconds of pain ain't too bad for a new shiny pin.

I did it. Hurt like hell, but it was a fun experience.

Builds character.

Screw that damn pin! And I've had enough character building with OC and CS, thanks!

OfficerChris
03-09-2011, 14:03
Screw that damn pin! And I've had enough character building with OC and CS, thanks!

yeah with OC and CS

with me and cybersex!

screw the ride!

OfficerChris
03-09-2011, 14:04
Went out to get my new passport and an international drivers licence today. Only the TSA registration and I am done.

RMolina628
03-10-2011, 08:08
very very foggy drive in to school today. The only reason I decided to make the venture in was: A. I wanted to see how I did on my midterm (99.5%)
and B. I will not have internet at my house till Friday.

RMolina628
03-10-2011, 08:11

I've been told if and when they train us reserves we will not have a choice in the matter.

Hack
03-10-2011, 08:30
I've been told if and when they train us reserves we will not have a choice in the matter.

I doubt that I will ever see a TASER on duty in my agency.:upeyes: We could use a few to at least be kept aside for emergencies.

RMolina628
03-10-2011, 08:36
I doubt that I will ever see a TASER on duty in my agency.:upeyes: We could use a few to at least be kept aside for emergencies.

I will be at another agency before they ever get around to TASER cert. for us. The funding is just not there right now.

Hack
03-10-2011, 08:39
I will be at another agency before they ever get around to TASER cert. for us. The funding is just not there right now.

For us it is the libtards on high with the rest of the people who write policy. Cannot scare the inmates after all.:sigh: Darn sheeple!!

Horror
03-10-2011, 12:39

Guten Abend

Hack
03-10-2011, 20:33

Guten Abend

volsbear
03-10-2011, 20:43
Yuck yuck yuck. LEO funeral on Sunday.

Hack
03-10-2011, 21:28
Yuck yuck yuck. LEO funeral on Sunday.

Agreed. I haven't been to one for a good while.

lawman800
03-10-2011, 22:15
Tired.

Hack
03-10-2011, 22:31
Tired.

Tea time for me. I'm waking up a little at a time, and have to take coffee in. Long day tomorrow.

Agent6-3/8
03-10-2011, 23:19
So much for the good my workout did this morning... For dinner I had a double Baconator, large fries, large Dr. Pepper and small chilli form Wendy's. I'm currently chasing that with a few beers... Oh well, there's always tomorrow. :supergrin:

CJStudent
03-10-2011, 23:28
So much for the good my workout did this morning... For dinner I had a double Baconator, large fries, large Dr. Pepper and small chilli form Wendy's. I'm currently chasing that with a few beers... Oh well, there's always tomorrow. :supergrin:

:thumbsup:

lawman800
03-11-2011, 01:52

Think how much worse you would feel if you downed all that WITHOUT having worked out in the morning?:tongueout:

See, gotta be an optimist like me!:supergrin:

RMolina628
03-11-2011, 09:00
I'm back connected to the net home.

Hack
03-11-2011, 11:21
I'm back connected to the net home.

Good.

Hack
03-11-2011, 11:21

Sometimes a cheat day is good now and again.

Horror
03-11-2011, 13:24
Hallo Hack :wavey:

Agent6-3/8
03-11-2011, 13:41
Sometimes a cheat day is good now and again.

Very true!

I need to have fewer of those cheat day though. I'm getting ready to apply with a SO and will be taking the PT test sometimes next month. Push ups and situps I can do in my sleep, but I'd like to improve my 1.5 mile time. While its good enough by a wide margin, its a lot slower than I was this time last year. Of course I'm also about 30lbs heavier than I was this time last year. :supergrin:

RMolina628
03-11-2011, 18:44
back from the gym; so far lost 7 pounds in 16 days. I need to work on my water intake though, and the loaded bacon baked potato in the fridge that keeps calling out for me.

Hack
03-12-2011, 00:11
Hallo Hack :wavey:

Hi! I was out and about when you called. A little being alone time was in order. Although it was within the public. It is kind of like seeking anonymity in a crowd, and enjoying being feeling of being invisible.

Hack
03-12-2011, 00:15
back from the gym; so far lost 7 pounds in 16 days. I need to work on my water intake though, and the loaded bacon baked potato in the fridge that keeps calling out for me.

Very good. I just need to work on it period. Unfortunately I am not taking those steps yet, although I drink water like a fish when I get hot, which at work has been a frequent thing. I need to start walking to work, and hopefully the new pair of boots that I have coming will help me feel more comfortable in doing that.

Hack
03-12-2011, 00:18
Now, that I have chastised myself, I am having a hearty borscht.

Hack
03-12-2011, 03:08
I am up in the middle of the morning, having slept in the late afternoon and evening. The night owl is here, and has enjoyed traditional and non traditional post meal beverages. I am now on good feelings.

OfficerChris
03-12-2011, 03:33
Looks like a nuclear plant blew up in Japan. Prayers to the country, it got quite serious now.

Hack
03-12-2011, 06:16
Looks like a nuclear plant blew up in Japan. Prayers to the country, it got quite serious now.

Indeed. I wonder how many are thinking of what happened during WW2 over there? They took on quite a bit of destruction from natural forces.:wow::shocked:

OfficerChris
03-12-2011, 15:16
I built a cabinet with my brother in law today.

Had to take a picture of the tools...

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff282/OfficerChris/IMAG0089.jpg

Horror
03-12-2011, 15:58
Tooooooool Time!!! *grunz*

lawman800
03-12-2011, 16:44
I thought when you said "tools", I was expecting a picture of you guys.:supergrin:

RMolina628
03-12-2011, 20:10
Just me and the kids till Thursday, the wife made it to New Mexico early this afternoon. She had the gall to complain that the sun was too bright; as I looked outside into near whiteout conditions. So the girls and I decided we will go to the store tomorrow and buy some real food to cook this week.

lawman800
03-12-2011, 22:31
Watching YouTube videos... Makes the day go faster.

OfficerChris
03-13-2011, 01:23
I thought when you said "tools", I was expecting a picture of you guys.:supergrin:

stop thinking about MY TOOL :tongueout:

Horror
03-13-2011, 03:53
looks like winter's finally gone.

sunny and 12°C/54F outside

lawman800
03-13-2011, 06:34
looks like winter's finally gone.

sunny and 12°C/54F outside

54F is our winter!

Hack
03-13-2011, 07:57
Tooooooool Time!!! *grunz*

Y'all have that show?

Hack
03-13-2011, 08:13
Just me and the kids till Thursday, the wife made it to New Mexico early this afternoon. She had the gall to complain that the sun was too bright; as I looked outside into near whiteout conditions. So the girls and I decided we will go to the store tomorrow and buy some real food to cook this week.

Good luck.:supergrin:

RMolina628
03-13-2011, 08:20
Good luck.:supergrin:

so far the biggest decision made in the house has been what kind of granola bars to buy. Next on the agenda is how big of a porterhouse is too big for one person.

lawman800
03-13-2011, 09:24
Porterhouse has no limits.

Horror
03-13-2011, 09:38
Y'all have that show?

you betcha!

OfficerChris
03-13-2011, 09:40
Y'all have that show?

we have nearly every show you guys have

lawman800
03-13-2011, 20:28
You guys even took our David Hasselhoff!

OfficerChris
03-14-2011, 01:59
It never was your Hoff...

lawman800
03-14-2011, 08:23
True. The indomitable spirit of the Hoff transcends all national borders.

Horror
03-14-2011, 12:43
True. The indomitable spirit of the Hoff transcends all national borders.

he even reunited my country.

txleapd
03-14-2011, 13:02
Don't hassle the Hoff!

lawman800
03-14-2011, 16:16
he even reunited my country.

Too bad he was busy with Knight Rider in the 80's or else he could have prevented the escalation of the Cold War!

RMolina628
03-14-2011, 17:37
home from the gym. I think chicken and salt potatoes for dinner.

lawman800
03-14-2011, 20:13
home from the gym. I think chicken and salt potatoes for dinner.

What's a salt potato?

Hack
03-14-2011, 22:02
What's a salt potato?

Small baby potatoes boiled with a lot of salt, and are good with butter. They also make a nice snack, if you are not concerned about the carbs.

Hack
03-14-2011, 22:03
What's new in my world? Not much today. Just another week, it is the end of the working quarter, and on to the next one. Then vacation for a week or two.

lawman800
03-14-2011, 22:41
Trying to catch up on sleep. At the rate I'm going, I should be caught up by 2076.

RMolina628
03-15-2011, 07:23
What's a salt potato?

What Hack said. I prefer small red potatoes, and kosher salt. My mother-in-law has a good recipe for a garlic herb butter that goes great with them.

RMolina628
03-15-2011, 07:31
note to self: you should take your neighbor's cat out of the live trap before returning said cat to your neighbors. :whistling: Score: Molina-1 wabbits-0 Neighbor's cat-0.5

OfficerChris
03-15-2011, 07:49
lol eat it

lawman800
03-15-2011, 08:41
I heard cats go great with salt potatoes.

RMolina628
03-15-2011, 08:46
I heard cats go great with salt potatoes.

only if slow roasted, cat tends to get tough if cooked improperly.

OfficerChris
03-15-2011, 08:47
oh yes same with babies

damn!

Hack
03-15-2011, 08:57
One of the youth, (actually a man at 21 years), out of my daughter's youthgroup at church was killed by hit and run. He was helping a person get a car out of a ditch when it happened. It sucks really, although I did not know him my daughter knew him, as a church youth group member. It of course hurts all who are involved with his life, especially his parents. His father is a retiree from where I work. I cannot go into details, except for what is in the paper, as that is all I really know about things at this time.

It is in the Leavenworth Times.
http://www.leavenworthtimes.com/newsnow/x1777807854/Crash-results-in-fatality

RMolina628
03-15-2011, 09:25
prayers for all involved

OfficerChris
03-15-2011, 12:55
sorry to hear that Hack

Hack
03-15-2011, 21:58
Thanks for the prayers.

I took the family out to a mid afternoon lunch at Casa Agave. Real good food and service.

Now, if only I could work from home.:whistling:

lawman800
03-16-2011, 01:53
Damn, Hack, that's rough. Hope everyone gets through it.

RMolina628
03-16-2011, 06:58
Thanks for the prayers.

I took the family out to a mid afternoon lunch at Casa Agave. Real good food and service.

Now, if only I could work from home.:whistling:

Almost any place with "casa" or "agave" in the name is very good, on the same note my wife went to a restaurant in ABQ that had a regular menu, and a menu for gringos. I find this funny because she ordered off the gringos menu and she claimed it was still too spicy.

lawman800
03-16-2011, 09:35
I disagree, we have a Casa something or other here and it sucks!!!!

I'd rather go to Casa Del Taco or Taco Bell Agave than that place!!!

Hack
03-16-2011, 20:51
Good morning, (for those of us on the morning watch tonight).

I would say all is well and is right with the world, but I know better. Japan is still reeling from their ordeals. The USA in places is still sinking fast, because of moral depravity and crime. Time to start over?

lawman800
03-17-2011, 02:19
Reset button?

Hack
03-17-2011, 08:23
http://www.break.com/usercontent/2010/4/25/nuclear-e-bomb-music-video-1826384 (http://www.break.com/usercontent/2010/4/25/nuclear-e-bomb-music-video-1826384)Reset button?

Our future?

CJStudent
03-17-2011, 08:37
Reset button?

See my sig line quote from PJMN.

Hack
03-17-2011, 08:52
See my sig line quote from PJMN.

The way the Muzzies are going it could easily head toward this. It only takes one to get the fire going.

OfficerChris
03-17-2011, 08:52
paddys day! green beer all night long. Took friday off to party tonight

http://www.fatally-yours.com/wp-content/uploads/leprechaun4.jpg

+

http://www.richenvironmentnet.org.uk/images/sce/green%20beer2.jpg

=

http://www.e-forwards.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/sexy_leprechaun-13325.jpg

Hack
03-17-2011, 09:37
Y'all do the green beer thing? I have found that to be odd for anyone given that Irish Beer is not green. We have a nearby village that is big on the Irish stuff, complete with brewery. There used to be a McCormicks distillery. I don't care much for their whiskey.

http://www.westonirish.com/

Hack
03-17-2011, 09:41
Time to get craicing.

Hack
03-17-2011, 21:42
We had a good dinner over at Golden Corral today. With traditional US Irish fare being thrown in for good measure, so plenty of corned beef and cabbage and potatoes there.

And, I have a sixteen hour day tomorrow. Yay, money is back!

lawman800
03-17-2011, 22:08
Corned beef and cabbage? That's a lot of gas tonite!

CJStudent
03-17-2011, 23:09
Fairly easy night in SMU, despite the sinus headache that I'm finally starting to get rid of. Tuesday was the doosey, though. I find it ironic, though; all day Monday, I had "Beware the Ides of March" running through my head. I should have listened to it and called in, lol.

OfficerChris
03-18-2011, 05:38
good morning everyone. The party was quite nice, could have been cooler, but it was ok. Three bands played.. the first one sucked big time, the second one was an irish band and very cool and the third one was absolutely wrong there. It was some soft rock irish bull****.
Beer sucked, it was too bitter, but at least it was green lol.
Lots of nice girls there though.

lawman800
03-18-2011, 07:36
Guess what I did for Saint Patrick's? Nothing! That's right. Absolutely nothing! Because I have to work 7 days this week! And 5 more than next week! Straight! No days off! With very little hours in between the days!

Aaaaaaaaaaarrrrgggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!

OfficerChris
03-18-2011, 08:07
hope you have time during may!

lawman800
03-18-2011, 12:47
Not the first week. Got booked for court, all day.

RMolina628
03-18-2011, 13:54
the little one and I went to the docs. today. I have another ear infection and she has pneumonia. So the wife came back to people to take care of.

volsbear
03-18-2011, 16:43
We had a good dinner over at Golden Corral today. With traditional US Irish fare being thrown in for good measure, so plenty of corned beef and cabbage and potatoes there.

And, I have a sixteen hour day tomorrow. Yay, money is back!

Wow, those are two phrases I never thought I'd see together :wow:

Around here, Golden Corral is a quick route to a GI spasm.

Hack
03-18-2011, 17:34

The Golden Corral restaurants here are real popular, and do well in keeping that from happening. Now, there are some other restaurants we wonder about.

CJStudent
03-18-2011, 23:23
Rant on:

We just got a supervisor transferred to our shift from midnights. In the two weeks he's been on our shift, he's managed to ride my ass and those of several other coworkers over what amounts to stupid, piddly, petty bull****. Anything you do, he has a "better" way to do it. So needless to say, he and I have gone round and round a few times. I've been discreetly seeking out opinions of the coworkers I know I can trust about it, and he's managed to piss off and alienate almost as much of the shift as the rookie we've taken to calling "Farva", if that gives you any clue.

Saying I'm already fed up with it doesn't begin to cover it. He's one of a very small number of people that have managed to get me close to loosing my temper at work. I haven't lost it, yet, but he keeps pushing and pushing. Now I see why nobody wanted to come in on midnights.... :faint:

:psycho:

CJStudent
03-18-2011, 23:24

Agreed!

CJStudent
03-18-2011, 23:24
the little one and I went to the docs. today. I have another ear infection and she has pneumonia. So the wife came back to people to take care of.

Fun times. I've been fighting a head cold for a week that's trying to move to my ear; it has one of them almost completely clogged up now...

OfficerChris
03-19-2011, 06:18
Not the first week. Got booked for court, all day.

I am in LA during the last week, so no problem with that

lawman800
03-19-2011, 07:48
I'll try to clear out the last week. Should be light by then. I just did the math... I have maybe 45 days of vacation I haven't used yet. Then there are the furloughs on top. I'll never get to use them, I tell ya.

Agent6-3/8
03-19-2011, 16:35
Think I found my next duty gun. If I run out of ammo I'll club them to death! :cool:

See linky---->http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1329351

CJStudent
03-19-2011, 18:38
Think I found my next duty gun. If I run out of ammo I'll club them to death! :cool:

Really cool, man. I've always thought about getting a cap and ball revolver myself, but never pulled the trigger on it.

Hack
03-19-2011, 22:38

Looks like you all are having a rough one.

Hack
03-19-2011, 22:40
Rant on:

We just got a supervisor transferred to our shift from midnights. In the two weeks he's been on our shift, he's managed to ride my ass and those of several other coworkers over what amounts to stupid, piddly, petty bull****. Anything you do, he has a "better" way to do it. So needless to say, he and I have gone round and round a few times. I've been discreetly seeking out opinions of the coworkers I know I can trust about it, and he's managed to piss off and alienate almost as much of the shift as the rookie we've taken to calling "Farva", if that gives you any clue.

Saying I'm already fed up with it doesn't begin to cover it. He's one of a very small number of people that have managed to get me close to loosing my temper at work. I haven't lost it, yet, but he keeps pushing and pushing. Now I see why nobody wanted to come in on midnights.... :faint:

:psycho:

Perhaps it is time to go to mids for awhile. I here you about "that guy" amongst the people. We have had several easy to lose temper with where I work, and some have been there for a while.

Hack
03-19-2011, 22:42

Nice piece. Now you need to learn how to make ammo and powder and you are all set to live somewhat independent of the Man.:whistling: Really, it is nice piece of history that you have there.

CJStudent
03-20-2011, 01:41
Perhaps it is time to go to mids for awhile. I here you about "that guy" amongst the people. We have had several easy to lose temper with where I work, and some have been there for a while.

If that weren't the shift that all the rejects were herded off to, I'd do it to get away from this guy, even though I hate working mids. I interview for a Sergeant position Thursday, which, if I get it, will see me sent to another shift regardless. I also put in again for your employer, Hack. Hopefully something will break loose, before my mind does...

RMolina628
03-20-2011, 06:35
Looks like you all are having a rough one.

This year is always tough on me, although for the little one, I wish I could just make it better for her. Yesterday she seemed to be on the mend; at least more than me. Next week I see the ENT, and I pretty much know what is in store for the future.

OfficerChris
03-20-2011, 07:15

what a cool gf, nice gun

lawman800
03-20-2011, 11:30
If that weren't the shift that all the rejects were herded off to, I'd do it to get away from this guy, even though I hate working mids. I interview for a Sergeant position Thursday, which, if I get it, will see me sent to another shift regardless. I also put in again for your employer, Hack. Hopefully something will break loose, before my mind does...

You are eligible for sergeant after only 1 year otj?

Hack
03-20-2011, 14:13

In putting in for the BOP it might take a little longer since they have a national hiring freeze on. However, there are institutions where they have applied for a waver to hire, and if granted they will hire. Also, there are those in critical need of staff members.

Horror
03-20-2011, 15:23

Hack
03-20-2011, 15:33
:wavey: How are you today?

Horror
03-20-2011, 15:37
:wavey: How are you today?

fine fine.

Horror
03-20-2011, 15:43
I used the sunday to look for a new car.

I visited 10 car dealers but didn't found the right car. :dunno:

Hack
03-20-2011, 15:44
fine fine.

Good. I'm on this sub-lingual drops antigen program for allergies. I normally take it before work so it causes no problems then, but sleeping not long after taking it is not nice. I need to figure out how to deal with it for over the weekend.

spears
03-20-2011, 15:50
Good Sunday everyone.

Horror
03-20-2011, 15:52
Good Sunday everyone.

OfficerChris
03-20-2011, 16:28
du hast deinen opa kombi doch erst ein jahr oder gg?

Horror
03-20-2011, 16:31
du hast deinen opa kombi doch erst ein jahr oder gg?

nein, den hab ich schon 2.5 Jahre!

Horror
03-20-2011, 16:37
und außerdem sind Kombis super!

mein nächtes Auto wird wieder ein Kombi

OfficerChris
03-20-2011, 16:40
ja ein kombi wo drauf steht "RS" oder "M" :supergrin:

Woofie
03-20-2011, 17:03
:moonie:

CJStudent
03-20-2011, 18:37
In putting in for the BOP it might take a little longer since they have a national hiring freeze on. However, there are institutions where they have applied for a waver to hire, and if granted they will hire. Also, there are those in critical need of staff members.

It looks like it might have been lifted for the agency, since they changed back to the old way of hiring. They were hiring individually by institution for a while.

CJStudent
03-20-2011, 18:38
You are eligible for sergeant after only 1 year otj?

Yep. Quick, I know. The sad thing is, we have so much turnover that you actually do develop some seniority that quickly. I'm senior to 1/3 of the shift now, or pretty damn close to it.

lawman800
03-20-2011, 21:53
Haha. I know how that is. I moved up pretty quick too in seniority. I was 60th percentile within 4 years within my class.

CJStudent
03-20-2011, 22:08
Haha. I know how that is. I moved up pretty quick too in seniority. I was 60th percentile within 4 years within my class.

I suppose I should mention that my agency runs a 3-week "academy" on average about once a month. So 11 or 12 academy classes a year.