Social Thread LIII: Winter's Cold; Time To Warm Up [Archive] - Page 5 - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Social Thread LIII: Winter's Cold; Time To Warm Up

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

golls17
04-14-2011, 10:26
OK folks, I'm back, just in time for reply 1000!

golls17
04-14-2011, 10:28
Such as TSA?:tbo:

My friend works for TSA. She started a few months ago, saying it was just a paycheck until she gets hired as a cop. I wonder if she still thinks that way. She'll be getting good at field searches and pat-downs, that's for sure!

Woofie
04-14-2011, 10:32
My friend works for TSA. She started a few months ago, saying it was just a paycheck until she gets hired as a cop. I wonder if she still thinks that way. She'll be getting good at field searches and pat-downs, that's for sure!

The pat downs I've seen some TSA agents do in person and on Youtube would land a cop a civil rights violation.

RMolina628
04-14-2011, 15:02
Epic fail on my part today: managed to get a 5% on a math quiz today because I didn't bother read the directions.

Making other headlines; it looks like my internship starts 5/9/11

RMolina628
04-14-2011, 15:04
OK folks, I'm back, just in time for reply 1000!

I might be your way late June, on the way back from MSP. Trying to decide if I want to go through Chicago or take the ferry home.

lawman800
04-14-2011, 23:51
Hmmm... moral dilemma... jumping into situations... mid-life crisis sucks!

Horror
04-15-2011, 00:35

how about a hug? :hugs:

makes everything better

lawman800
04-15-2011, 00:49
:whistling:how about a hug? :hugs:

makes everything better

Only if it is from a college-bound girl named Destiny that happens to work at the local "dance" joint that is only doing it for tuition... yeah... sure....:whistling::supergrin::embarassed:

Horror
04-15-2011, 01:27
:whistling:

Only if it is from a college-bound girl named Destiny that happens to work at the local "dance" joint that is only doing it for tuition... yeah... sure....:whistling::supergrin::embarassed:

something like this don't happens in real life!

lawman800
04-15-2011, 01:59
something like this don't happens in real life!

No, but I am definitely saving up money so it does!

RMolina628
04-15-2011, 08:24

go to the range and think things over.

Hack
04-15-2011, 09:40

What about Rachel? Hey, she might be a nice girl who would go for a goy.:supergrin:

lawman800
04-15-2011, 09:55
I think it's just a rut you get into once in a while when you are just stuck in the daily grind is all. Thanks guys.

Woofie
04-15-2011, 10:35
You still working your six day weeks? That will drag you down quick.

Agent6-3/8
04-15-2011, 11:39
Need some opinions...

My "plan B" department's hiring process is running considerably ahead of my "plan A" department. Plan B was applied with before plan A was even hiring. Otherwise I wouldn't have even applied because its not a place I really want to work (its a SO which means lots of politics, BS details and lower pay) and definitely not a place I want to live.

Plan A is a large city PD (by all indications a great agency) that pays upwards of $8k a year more and is somewhere I would love to work and settle down. Only problem is that their testing process is going to be a month or more behind plan B. (at the moment the GF is more likely to be able to get a job in this area as well)

Here the question: Should I even bother to test for plan B considering that I don't want to work there and that considering the time difference I'll probably have to drop out of their process anyway if I intend to pursue plan A?

I feel like its 4th and goal and a field goal isn't an option...I'm either going to win or loose.:supergrin:

RMolina628
04-15-2011, 18:40
If you can hold out for agency A; I would say do that. If you will be hurt financially by holding out that long I would keep all channels open. I know right now jobs are few and far between, it is a very hard call, but if you can hold out, I would wait.

RMolina628
04-15-2011, 18:41
The rain makes my joints ache. I'm too young to feel this old!

Agent6-3/8
04-15-2011, 22:37
If you can hold out for agency A; I would say do that. If you will be hurt financially by holding out that long I would keep all channels open. I know right now jobs are few and far between, it is a very hard call, but if you can hold out, I would wait.

That's what I've decided to do. Agency A should start their testing in a month or so. I've waited this long, a little bit longer won't hurt.

Woofie
04-15-2011, 23:21
If you don't want to work for plan B, then don't. I don't see any sense in intentionally getting a job you know you aren't going to be happy with.

Hack
04-16-2011, 07:05
If you don't want to work for plan B, then don't. I don't see any sense in intentionally getting a job you know you aren't going to be happy with.

:agree:

Hack
04-16-2011, 07:06
Alright! Where is my warm weather?!:fist:

OfficerChris
04-16-2011, 08:31
3 gun today, g17, benelli M4, OA15 (M4 carbine).
Had a lot of fun, very nice event, could have done better, but wasnt that bad after all. Cool thing is we took a lot of pictures

lawman800
04-16-2011, 09:05
You still working your six day weeks? That will drag you down quick.

Yep, no real end in sight either... sucks, but I am getting used to it, which sucks more.

Woofie
04-16-2011, 10:24
Yep, no real end in sight either... sucks, but I am getting used to it, which sucks more.

I just got off of semi rotating 6/7 day weeks. From Thanksgiving to mid March we only had about 4 scheduled days off of work. One day off a week is never enough.

Karōshi is sudden death caused by being overworked and is a recognised cause of death in Japan and companies are held responsible for it in some cases.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kar%C5%8Dshi
http://ipsnews.net/news.asp?idnews=49047

Be careful they don't work you to death.

Horror
04-16-2011, 11:47
Alright! Where is my warm weather?!:fist:

its here, nice and sunny day

CJStudent
04-16-2011, 20:15
Thanks, guys! Just got back from camping; got tomorrow to get everything sorted and ready.

For the record, it's a sign of a whiney-ass that shows on a camping trip with a hair dryer and straightener. That's what one friend of my sister did.

The pat downs I've seen some TSA agents do in person and on Youtube would land a cop a civil rights violation.

Agreed; they get more involved with the flying public than we do with an inmate, without probable cause of something.

CJStudent
04-16-2011, 20:45
Need some opinions...

My "plan B" department's hiring process is running considerably ahead of my "plan A" department. Plan B was applied with before plan A was even hiring. Otherwise I wouldn't have even applied because its not a place I really want to work (its a SO which means lots of politics, BS details and lower pay) and definitely not a place I want to live.

Plan A is a large city PD (by all indications a great agency) that pays upwards of $8k a year more and is somewhere I would love to work and settle down. Only problem is that their testing process is going to be a month or more behind plan B. (at the moment the GF is more likely to be able to get a job in this area as well)

Here the question: Should I even bother to test for plan B considering that I don't want to work there and that considering the time difference I'll probably have to drop out of their process anyway if I intend to pursue plan A?

I feel like its 4th and goal and a field goal isn't an option...I'm either going to win or loose.:supergrin:

Plan A.

CJStudent
04-16-2011, 20:46
I also got an email from CBP over the weekend, saying that there's a much higher chance of being tentatively selected if I change my location preference to the southwest border areas, as they're about to hire 500 more CBPOs for those areas. The downside: you have to pay to move yourself; they don't pay you to relocate. So yeah, I don'tt foresee that happening.

Hack
04-16-2011, 21:06
The rain makes my joints ache. I'm too young to feel this old!

I would say I feel your pain, but I have enough of my own to feel.:whistling:

With my broken bones I am a walking barometer.

Hack
04-16-2011, 21:17

When TSA came out I thought it might be a good thing. Now, without being irritated at the people who do the work that they are ordered to, I think it would be best to have something like this done primarily done at the state level, to the local level, with it being administered by the states, as to that type of security function. TSA on the other hand could stay involved in things like security on the airplane, or helping a company to maintain adequate security on an airplane, and being involved with other interstate and international matters concerning TS. For that matter they could increase coverage to having agents on buses, and be watchful of activity there, especially since that is how a lot of the prison releases travel. They could leave railroad security to the railroads as they have been doing that for years. Over federalization of activities has never been a real good thing for this country, yet look at how we have been willing to accept it.

Hack
04-16-2011, 21:20
No, but I am definitely saving up money so it does!

Ya don't need money for that. Just a little charm, a nice dinner and conversation, and ...:whistling:

Hack
04-16-2011, 21:25
I also got an email from CBP over the weekend, saying that there's a much higher chance of being tentatively selected if I change my location preference to the southwest border areas, as they're about to hire 500 more CBPOs for those areas. The downside: you have to pay to move yourself; they don't pay you to relocate. So yeah, I don'tt foresee that happening.

That is the usual for just starting out in a federal agency, or going from one federal agency to another; with few exceptions. Especially at the lower pay grades. However, if you get yourself involved with the BOP and stay a couple of years you will be able to save up money for a move a little bit easier and be able to do that. Along with that with the present tax regulations you actually make a lot of your travel relocation expenses back when moving from one job to another. I unfortunately didn't have an astute CPA to look at things after my first year here, so I didn't take advantage of that. There are better than H&R Block for those kind of details. They are better for the simpler tax returns.

Hack
04-16-2011, 21:27
Thanks, guys! Just got back from camping; got tomorrow to get everything sorted and ready.

For the record, it's a sign of a whiney-ass that shows on a camping trip with a hair dryer and straightener. That's what one friend of my sister did.

Agreed; they get more involved with the flying public than we do with an inmate, without probable cause of something.

What's up with the hair dryer and straightener on a camping trip? Silly.

Woofie
04-16-2011, 21:49
When TSA came out I thought it might be a good thing. Now, without being irritated at the people who do the work that they are ordered to, I think it would be best to have something like this done primarily done at the state level, to the local level, with it being administered by the states, as to that type of security function. TSA on the other hand could stay involved in things like security on the airplane, or helping a company to maintain adequate security on an airplane, and being involved with other interstate and international matters concerning TS. For that matter they could increase coverage to having agents on buses, and be watchful of activity there, especially since that is how a lot of the prison releases travel. They could leave railroad security to the railroads as they have been doing that for years. Over federalization of activities has never been a real good thing for this country, yet look at how we have been willing to accept it.

I don't see anything good ever coming from TSA. They are just federalized security guards and were a knee jerk reaction to make the flying public feel better. They are far too thuggish and overbearing for the amount of security they actually provide.

It would be nice if TSA went by the wayside in favor of private security employed by the airports. That would be a nice chunk of change not adding to the national debt.

Woofie
04-16-2011, 21:50

Is the friend hot?

Hack
04-16-2011, 22:25
I don't see anything good ever coming from TSA. They are just federalized security guards and were a knee jerk reaction to make the flying public feel better. They are far too thuggish and overbearing for the amount of security they actually provide.

It would be nice if TSA went by the wayside in favor of private security employed by the airports. That would be a nice chunk of change not adding to the national debt.

Well, concerning local security issues that is what I am basically saying. However, there are some issues that are interstate, and should be looked after by the federal government in some things. Airplanes are a mode of travel for going long distances, so that is subject to federal oversight, in that it affects more than one state. Keep an air marshal on there, which is a TSA function.

Same with the buses, in that many bus lines are OTR interstate, and we could call them bus marshals. But, security at a bus station, or a train station should remain a local affair.

Railroad lines have been pretty good at taking care of their own law enforcement and security issues, so I don't think we really need too much federal involvement there, with some exceptions.

There are things that should be looked at concerning all things that affect interstate travel, movement of freight and passengers but the primary duties of law enforcement within the states, including at international airports, international freight areas and what have you should be taken care of by states with some federal oversight concerning areas that affect things like interstate commerce.

But, the trouble with some things is that even though they might have been meant for keeping them limited in their scope of enforcement they have gone beyond their limitations.

We, never did in my opinion have need of a Homeland Security Department, since the FBI are for internal investigations anyway. We did need more cooperation between departments and agencies, which could have been accomplished without a Homeland Security Department. FBI for example was USDOJ administrated; Customs was Department of the Treasury administrated. Yet, both cooperated with each other to the degree necessary before the formation of a homeland security department. With the cooperation that was there before there was in my opinion a better system of checks and balances, in that one department had different duties than another department, but because of the lack of cooperation at some levels you had competing agencies working against each other on what was essentially the same case on the same subject(s). But, with proper liaising that all could have been dealt with.

Horror
04-16-2011, 22:25
morning :yawn:

Hack
04-16-2011, 22:27

Evening.:wavey:

Woofie
04-16-2011, 23:15
Well, concerning local security issues that is what I am basically saying. However, there are some issues that are interstate, and should be looked after by the federal government in some things. Airplanes are a mode of travel for going long distances, so that is subject to federal oversight, in that it affects more than one state. Keep an air marshal on there, which is a TSA function.

Same with the buses, in that many bus lines are OTR interstate, and we could call them bus marshals. But, security at a bus station, or a train station should remain a local affair.

Railroad lines have been pretty good at taking care of their own law enforcement and security issues, so I don't think we really need too much federal involvement there, with some exceptions.

There are things that should be looked at concerning all things that affect interstate travel, movement of freight and passengers but the primary duties of law enforcement within the states, including at international airports, international freight areas and what have you should be taken care of by states with some federal oversight concerning areas that affect things like interstate commerce.

But, the trouble with some things is that even though they might have been meant for keeping them limited in their scope of enforcement they have gone beyond their limitations.

The railroad police are federal LEOs employed and paid by the railroads, I believe. Airlines and bus lines might be able to benefit by similar programs. Security on the airlines should be left to the companies involved with the feds stepping in only for necessary regulation and when there is an actual crime, but I am one of those minimal government under all circumstances guys.

We, never did in my opinion have need of a Homeland Security Department, since the FBI are for internal investigations anyway. We did need more cooperation between departments and agencies, which could have been accomplished without a Homeland Security Department. FBI for example was USDOJ administrated; Customs was Department of the Treasury administrated. Yet, both cooperated with each other to the degree necessary before the formation of a homeland security department. With the cooperation that was there before there was in my opinion a better system of checks and balances, in that one department had different duties than another department, but because of the lack of cooperation at some levels you had competing agencies working against each other on what was essentially the same case on the same subject(s). But, with proper liaising that all could have been dealt with.

I agree that we really didn't need Homeland Security. It's one more step in the bureaucracy to complicate things. If the fed agencies were a little less concerned with who has the larger reproductive organ and more concerned with playing for the same team the communications problem would not be. When the process is simplified there is less opportunity for things to go wrong.

Woofie
04-16-2011, 23:22
Me and the woman celebrated our one year anniversary tonight. Dinner at Texas de Brazil, which was very good. I would be open to going again. After that we saw Born to Be Wild at the IMAX. Then spur of the moment we decided to ride out to the observatory. We saw some good shots of Saturn and three of her moons and could see the craters on the terminator line on the moon. Then saw the binary star pairs that make up the North Star and the middle star of the Big Dipper handle. Orion nebula and the M37 star cluster. And we got there just in time to see one of the brightest flyovers of the ISS they had seen in a while

God I'm such a nerd.

Woofie
04-16-2011, 23:25
And I need to make a recommendation for Bengal roach spray. I bought a can and the first night I found five roaches dead. Since this morning I've found three more. Haven't even sprayed it and they are showing up dead. Tough stuff. The roaches have been an uphill battle since I bought the house and I might have actually began to turn the tide.

Hack
04-16-2011, 23:41
I did not know you were into astronomy. Sounds cool. I like looking at that kind of stuff, but I don't remember the names too well of the different creations.

Sounds cool concerning the anniversary dinner. Brazilian cuisine in Texas? Is it purely Brazilian or is it some thing combined with Tex-Mex? Either way it sounds good.

I did not think the railroad police were federalized. Interesting.

Woofie
04-16-2011, 23:55
I did not know you were into astronomy. Sounds cool. I like looking at that kind of stuff, but I don't remember the names too well of the different creations.

Sounds cool concerning the anniversary dinner. Brazilian cuisine in Texas? Is it purely Brazilian or is it some thing combined with Tex-Mex? Either way it sounds good.

I did not think the railroad police were federalized. Interesting.

Supposedly all their meat is prepared Brazilian style. It was good, better than most places you can get steaks, but completely within the realm of making myself. But I would never grill filet mignon for myself, let alone an "all you can eat" amount.:supergrin:

I remember being lectured by a RR copper and I thought he said they were federal certified and work for the railroad. After reading the Wikipedia article it sounds like they are certified by a state but are granted arrest powers in any state that rail line operates in by federal code. Sounds unnecessarily confusing.

Hack
04-17-2011, 00:12
Supposedly all their meat is prepared Brazilian style. It was good, better than most places you can get steaks, but completely within the realm of making myself. But I would never grill filet mignon for myself, let alone an "all you can eat" amount.:supergrin:

I remember being lectured by a RR copper and I thought he said they were federal certified and work for the railroad. After reading the Wikipedia article it sounds like they are certified by a state but are granted arrest powers in any state that rail line operates in by federal code. Sounds unnecessarily confusing.

I was thinking that they were hired by the railroad line, and had jurisdiction mainly within the railroad properties with everything else depending on state law as to how they operated in different states. Hmm, I will have to look that up.

Hack
04-17-2011, 00:30
I was thinking that they were hired by the railroad line, and had jurisdiction mainly within the railroad properties with everything else depending on state law as to how they operated in different states. Hmm, I will have to look that up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Railroad_police

OfficerChris
04-17-2011, 02:46
Supposedly all their meat is prepared Brazilian style.

waxed? lol

Hack
04-17-2011, 03:06
waxed? lol

Churrasco from a churrasqueria I would imagine. That can be pretty good stuff, although they tend to use the back end of the cow in some of their cooking.

Horror
04-17-2011, 05:27
waxed? lol

:supergrin:

CJStudent
04-17-2011, 08:00
That is the usual for just starting out in a federal agency, or going from one federal agency to another; with few exceptions. Especially at the lower pay grades. However, if you get yourself involved with the BOP and stay a couple of years you will be able to save up money for a move a little bit easier and be able to do that. Along with that with the present tax regulations you actually make a lot of your travel relocation expenses back when moving from one job to another. I unfortunately didn't have an astute CPA to look at things after my first year here, so I didn't take advantage of that. There are better than H&R Block for those kind of details. They are better for the simpler tax returns.

Yeah, I like corrections a lot, but at the same time, I like the idea of CBP. So I figure I'll stay on the CBP register for here locally, and try to go to BOP right now. If nothing else, I have a good federal position, with a lot better pay and benefits than I have now.

What's up with the hair dryer and straightener on a camping trip? Silly.

Girl's idea of camping is a hotel room, I think.

Is the friend hot?

Yes, she is, but more drama than even you'd want to put up with. Hotness only covers so much.

Woofie
04-17-2011, 09:00
Yes, she is, but more drama than even you'd want to put up with. Hotness only covers so much.

I figured out a good way to not have to deal with the drama and I am going to implement it if there is ever another girlfriend. I call it "being an ass hole."

Woofie
04-17-2011, 09:04
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Railroad_police

It appears that the scope of their authority is determined by the state they are currently in, but their actual authority to arrest comes from the state they are certified in and is transferred from state to state by US Code.

CJStudent
04-17-2011, 09:12
I figured out a good way to not have to deal with the drama and I am going to implement it if there is ever another girlfriend. I call it "being an ass hole."

:rofl:

You know, I think you may be on to something there.

CJStudent
04-17-2011, 09:13
It appears that the scope of their authority is determined by the state they are currently in, but their actual authority to arrest comes from the state they are certified in and is transferred from state to state by US Code.

Sounds like one hell of a Charlie-Fox to me. :dunno:

Woofie
04-17-2011, 09:44
Sounds like one hell of a Charlie-Fox to me. :dunno:

Too many steps for the process to break down in. Imagine the interdepartment pissing matches if there is ever a major crime.

CJStudent
04-17-2011, 14:06
Too many steps for the process to break down in. Imagine the interdepartment pissing matches if there is ever a major crime.

That's what I thought. At my agency, we have a pretty decent relationship with the state police, who would investigate anything like that in our facility, assisted by our internal affairs officer (a correctional captain). I can't imagine what would happen with a similar situation on a railroad right-of-way, especially in an area where there's considerable friction between the agencies involved.

RMolina628
04-17-2011, 16:22
That's what I thought. At my agency, we have a pretty decent relationship with the state police, who would investigate anything like that in our facility, assisted by our internal affairs officer (a correctional captain). I can't imagine what would happen with a similar situation on a railroad right-of-way, especially in an area where there's considerable friction between the agencies involved.

It happened some years back when a train hit someone who jumped the crossing and the train derailed, which was carrying,and subsequently spilled a fair amount of metyl chloro isothia something or another. This was near Dow chemical in Midland. I remember everybody and their brother was involved, but nothing was getting done. I will try to dig up something in the archives.

CJStudent
04-17-2011, 17:09
It happened some years back when a train hit someone who jumped the crossing and the train derailed, which was carrying,and subsequently spilled a fair amount of metyl chloro isothia something or another. This was near Dow chemical in Midland. I remember everybody and their brother was involved, but nothing was getting done. I will try to dig up something in the archives.

Sounds like par for the course. We had a similar incident a few years back; 2006 or so. Train derailed in the next county south of here. Miraculously, that was actually handled pretty well. The local sheriff was a stand-up guy, and the National Guard's Civil Support Team (WMD/HAZMAT response unit) came in and pretty much took over, with LOTS of support from decent HAZMAT teams from the area. Still was scary, but it seemed to get handled pretty quickly, from what I've been told. I was in either basic or AIT with the Army at the time.

lawman800
04-17-2011, 19:42
I think their plan is working me to death so they can hire someone new and cheaper to replace me.

Horror
04-17-2011, 19:43
I think their plan is working me to death so they can hire someone new and cheaper to replace me.

Woofie
04-17-2011, 20:00

Happened to my uncle who used to run a kid's camp. He was told he was being layed off, then they asked him to resign so he wouldn't be eligible for unemployment. Then they realised he is retired USAF and isn't eligible for unemployment anyway.

New kid comes in making half what he did.:upeyes:

CJStudent
04-18-2011, 12:28
Well, interview went well, I -think-. Now the waiting game starts anew.....

volsbear
04-18-2011, 15:10

CJ, CJ, CJ...

how many times have we talked about you giving up the porno career idea.

Hack
04-18-2011, 16:28

:thumbsup:

Hack
04-18-2011, 16:28
CJ, CJ, CJ...

:rofl:

CJStudent
04-18-2011, 20:28
CJ, CJ, CJ...

Dammit, there you go again! Ruining all of my fun........:steamed:

:tongueout:

lawman800
04-18-2011, 23:33
I am not having fun.

Agent6-3/8
04-19-2011, 08:22
One year ago today I sat my ass down in a patrol car and worked my first shift. Seems like that was a million years ago...

lawman800
04-19-2011, 08:51
Read this in another forum peeraining to CA. What do you guys think? It never ceases to amaze me how much FUD is out there.

Trick: If you sense a cop will turn around and harass you, find a safe place to pull over QUICK and turn off the engine (and get out and loiter around looking for something in your trunk) before the cop has a chance to turn on his sirens/lights.

If he does not pull you over while the car is operated, he cannot issue a moving violation ticket and cannot technically pull you over for any other type of violation. He can technically try to talk to you, check your papers/license and question you about where you're going and why you stopped. Just tell them you needed to get something from your trunk. They will be hand-tied and either issue you a warning or let you go without saying much. I've saved myself a number of times.
Thanks for the tip. I guess the only that was unsaid was, let him leave first. Unless once he checks/ or warns you, he can not issue you a ticker once you get back in the car.

Agent6-3/8
04-19-2011, 09:36
Read this in another forum peeraining to CA. What do you guys think? It never ceases to amaze me how much FUD is out there.

Thats just full of fail!

Hack
04-19-2011, 21:17
One year ago today I sat my ass down in a patrol car and worked my first shift. Seems like that was a million years ago...

Wait until you have been in a career field for around 20 years. :rofl: It's funny, but it seems like yesterday at times.

Hack
04-19-2011, 21:19

I wonder what the guy's experience is in this? Someone should try him out, and see what he does and proceed from there; should his identity slip through.:tbo:

lawman800
04-20-2011, 03:49
Too bad he is not in my area, or else I would pull him over and try it out and watch him explain how I can't do my job if he stops first.

CJStudent
04-20-2011, 09:51
Too bad he is not in my area, or else I would pull him over and try it out and watch him explain how I can't do my job if he stops first.

I'd love to sit on the sidelines with a bowl of popcorn and a taser and watch the fireworks ensue.

lawman800
04-20-2011, 09:56
I'd love to sit on the sidelines with a bowl of popcorn and a taser and watch the fireworks ensue.

You Tase him after I douse him with my oil based OC.

CJStudent
04-20-2011, 10:03
You Tase him after I douse him with my oil based OC.

Reading my mind again, are you?

Hack
04-20-2011, 17:37
Y'all, I thought that human torch thing was passe?

Woofie
04-20-2011, 17:40

Sounds like advice I would give t someone I don't like.

lawman800
04-21-2011, 02:27
Tired.

RMolina628
04-21-2011, 11:23
Well my con law final is over! pretty hard exam, but nothing that we did not cover in class.

Hack
04-21-2011, 21:32
Tired.

Just getting up and heading out the door in a few. I hear you. You have been working a lot of hours.

Hack
04-21-2011, 21:33
Well my con law final is over! pretty hard exam, but nothing that we did not cover in class.

Well, hopefully for you everything will turn out well. Con law, as in Constitutional law, eh?

Hack
04-21-2011, 21:34
Spent a few hours of my life doing a med trip today. Only three hours of work plus the little over time, but it's better than nothing.

Horror
04-22-2011, 06:18
Happy Easter!

RMolina628
04-22-2011, 06:39
Well, hopefully for you everything will turn out well. Con law, as in Constitutional law, eh?

Yes it is.

lawman800
04-22-2011, 08:49
Just getting up and heading out the door in a few. I hear you. You have been working a lot of hours.

Thanks. It's not getting easier. I think symptoms are manifesting themselves. I am not patient and my productivity is down.

CJStudent
04-22-2011, 08:59
What an interesting day yesterday. I started off getting called to the Senior Captain's office as I came in, who took me to the Warden's office. 2nd interview for Sergeant, come to find out. :supergrin: Then I check my email from my phone on my break, and find a conditional offer from BOP! I'm ecstatic at this point! Then I end up on the captain's **** list because I told him I couldn't work overtime that night due to a migraine (I was on the top of the list, but just too damn sick to do it. Migraine developed during the shift, and I was just trying to gut it out). Oh well, at least today is friday....

Hack
04-22-2011, 09:11
What an interesting day yesterday. I started off getting called to the Senior Captain's office as I came in, who took me to the Warden's office. 2nd interview for Sergeant, come to find out. :supergrin: Then I check my email from my phone on my break, and find a conditional offer from BOP! I'm ecstatic at this point! Then I end up on the captain's **** list because I told him I couldn't work overtime that night due to a migraine (I was on the top of the list, but just too damn sick to do it. Migraine developed during the shift, and I was just trying to gut it out). Oh well, at least today is friday....

Interesting day alright. What is the conditional offer? And, since your Captain seems to be a medical professional maybe he could us a bit of reminder concerning the risks of being sued for malpractice, (the old union steward raising its head).

CJStudent
04-22-2011, 09:32
Interesting day alright. What is the conditional offer? And, since your Captain seems to be a medical professional maybe he could us a bit of reminder concerning the risks of being sued for malpractice, (the old union steward raising its head).

Conditional offer for GL-6 at FMC Lexington, contingent on a physical/urinalysis and background check. The HR Manager said that we'd probably start the soonest IF class after they get our physical/urinalysis results back.

As to that Captain, don't even get me started; I'll end up in worse trouble.

Hack
04-22-2011, 09:35
Happy Easter!

Likewise. In my family we call it Resurrection Day, since Easter itself has pagan roots. And, I have a smoked turkey breast waiting for Sunday.:supergrin:

Hack
04-22-2011, 09:43
Conditional offer for GL-6 at FMC Lexington, contingent on a physical/urinalysis and background check. The HR Manager said that we'd probably start the soonest IF class after they get our physical/urinalysis results back.

As to that Captain, don't even get me started; I'll end up in worse trouble.

Sounds very good. You know my name of course, so send me an email as soon as you get on. First initial and full last name at bop dot gov. It shouldn't take long to get to the physical, and the full background check lasts for about the whole probationary year. Make sure any financial obligations have been met, or in the process of being met; check your credit report; check for any past legal history. If you do that you should be able to compare it to what they dig up. Glynco is only three weeks now, but they push a little harder cramming it all in. It used to be four weeks. Rental cars are expensive there so you may want to take your own vehicle if it is allowed. And, watch for the geese. They for some reason prize their Canadian geese there, (unless it's changed). They used to have geese signs up there like a lot of places have for deer and such, lol.

CJStudent
04-22-2011, 10:06
Sounds very good. You know my name of course, so send me an email as soon as you get on. First initial and full last name at bop dot gov. It shouldn't take long to get to the physical, and the full background check lasts for about the whole probationary year. Make sure any financial obligations have been met, or in the process of being met; check your credit report; check for any past legal history. If you do that you should be able to compare it to what they dig up. Glynco is only three weeks now, but they push a little harder cramming it all in. It used to be four weeks. Rental cars are expensive there so you may want to take your own vehicle if it is allowed. And, watch for the geese. They for some reason prize their Canadian geese there, (unless it's changed). They used to have geese signs up there like a lot of places have for deer and such, lol.

That's how it is with the geese on my national guard facility. I'd planned on driving myself down if I could, if nothing else for the chance to get a bite to eat out on the weekends or something. I just completed the E-QIP, now I just have to get somewhere to print the signature cards and email them back in, sign the conditional offer and submit that, and call and schedule the physical.

lawman800
04-22-2011, 18:17
Stop hogging up the thread, you correctional bastages!!!!

RMolina628
04-22-2011, 19:26
jealous? I guess technically I am one of those corrections guys now; internship starts wed.

Hack
04-22-2011, 21:29

Alright, your lack of sleep is showing. Take a nap in your squad and feel better.:whistling:

lawman800
04-22-2011, 21:55
Zzzz...

CJStudent
04-22-2011, 22:59
jealous? I guess technically I am one of those corrections guys now; internship starts wed.

Good luck, man!

Woofie
04-23-2011, 00:27

Listen to the lawyer run his trap.:whistling:

lawman800
04-23-2011, 00:55
Listen to the lawyer run his trap.:whistling:

Can you ignore that part and just think of me as a cop?:whistling:

RMolina628
04-23-2011, 07:11
Good Morning Everyone!

Hack
04-23-2011, 07:24
Zzzz...

There now. Feeling better.:supergrin:

Hack
04-23-2011, 07:24

Cool.:cool:

Hack
04-23-2011, 07:26
Good Morning Everyone!

Guten Abend. Had a pleasantly uneventful morning, except for a couple of outside callers.

Horror
04-23-2011, 08:24
Guten Abend. Had a pleasantly uneventful morning, except for a couple of outside callers.

Abend?

it was 1520h CET by the time you posted :supergrin:

Hack
04-23-2011, 08:37
Abend?

it was 1520h CET by the time you posted :supergrin:

Well, what can I say? It's still morning here? But, it's my abend.:tongueout::rofl:

Hack
04-23-2011, 08:40
Well, what can I say? It's still morning here? But, it's my abend.:tongueout::rofl:

That is because my morning started at 2200 hrs CDT.:supergrin:

OfficerChris
04-23-2011, 15:01
hi guys, someone missed me?

Tomorrow I am coming back to Austria.
Was a very nice trip here again, maybe I will post some pictures.
Now I have to study a lot and work out hard, because I ate so much unhealthy food here and didnt look in a book for more then a week.

Cant believe that I am three weeks away in May again. One week at a seminar in a very very nice Austrian hotel and two weeks in the US (still hope everything works out the way it was planned)

Horror
04-23-2011, 15:13
du warst weg? :dunno:

lawman800
04-23-2011, 17:58
You firm on your US dates?

RMolina628
04-23-2011, 18:31
Cool.:cool:

indeed! The Parole/Probation world is totally new for me; so there will be a learning curve, but I am ready to learn.

Hack
04-24-2011, 02:26
Sure miss having a good shot of bourbon. For those who have never had it, never miss it. For those like me who have had it, I do miss it. It's not the alcohol, as I can get that in everclear or whatever. It is the flavors of charred oak that seasons and flavors the bourbon.

I had to go off of it due to taking a new medication that I am on for a little while. I look at a Canadian source and it says you can have a drink occasionally as in on social occasions, but US sources say you should not have any at all. It has something to do with how the interaction of the two, plus my other medications may possibly adversely affect the liver. I'm glad this one new one is temporary.

Meanwhile, I will enjoy a non alcoholic brew that tastes like beer flavored carbonated water.:beer:

Woofie
04-24-2011, 07:59
http://bangkokbois.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/bunny-road-kill.jpg?w=497&h=328

Hack
04-24-2011, 08:29
Rabbits and eggs have nothing to do with real Christianity. There, I said it.:rant:

lawman800
04-24-2011, 11:21
http://bangkokbois.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/bunny-road-kill.jpg?w=497&h=328

At least it's a white rabbit so those race pimps like Jackson and Sharpton won't all be up in arms or nothing over a racist Easter crime.

Horror
04-24-2011, 11:39
after 3 days of BBQ in a row, its time for a pizza :eat:

Hack
04-24-2011, 12:11
after 3 days of BBQ in a row, its time for a pizza :eat:

We had steak pizza a couple of days ago. Good stuff!!:eat:

Then last night, burnt ends of brisket in BBQ sauce, with broccoli on the side.:eat:

The night before that, steak fajita salad.:eat:

Today later, smoked turkey breast.:eat:

RMolina628
04-24-2011, 12:16
We had steak pizza a couple of days ago. Good stuff!!:eat:

Then last night, burnt ends of brisket in BBQ sauce, with broccoli on the side.:eat:

The night before that, steak fajita salad.:eat:

Today later, smoked turkey breast.:eat:

I'm eating at your place!
Today we had a large semi-southern breakfast, but tomorrow I will be grilling steaks!

Hack
04-24-2011, 12:25
I get the southern breakfast once in awhile at IHOP. Chicken fried steak, eggs, gravy and taters. Of course, since I am not swinging hay and doing farm work I need that one like another hole in my head.:rofl:

RMolina628
04-24-2011, 12:43
you and me both!

Hack
04-24-2011, 12:48
you and me both!

He, he. I don't eat near the bread I used to and I am still big. I guess pumping all that insulin into me isn't helping matters with the weight, and the walks are not cutting it, yet. I guess it takes time.:dunno:

Horror
04-24-2011, 12:57
Police called to a apartment in Berlin by neighbours who said it sounded like someone was using an electric drill through the night smashed down the door to find a vibrator had switched itself on and was jiggling around on the floor.

Officers who answered the desperate call of the neighbour tried repeatedly to contact the 23-year-old woman whose apartment it was

But they could not get a response, and eventually decided to break in the door in an attempt to find out what was going on in the apartment.

“You could hear the noise out on the street,” one neighbour was quoted as saying.

When the officers smashed their way into the apartment they found nothing more dangerous than the vibrator which was doing its best on the floor.

must be a really powerfull one

CJStudent
04-24-2011, 13:07
Police called to a apartment in Berlin by neighbours who said it sounded like someone was using an electric drill through the night smashed down the door to find a vibrator had switched itself on and was jiggling around on the floor.

Officers who answered the desperate call of the neighbour tried repeatedly to contact the 23-year-old woman whose apartment it was

But they could not get a response, and eventually decided to break in the door in an attempt to find out what was going on in the apartment.

“You could hear the noise out on the street,” one neighbour was quoted as saying.

When the officers smashed their way into the apartment they found nothing more dangerous than the vibrator which was doing its best on the floor.

:rofl: Link?

Horror
04-24-2011, 13:12
:rofl: Link?

http://www.thelocal.de/society/20110423-34585.html

Hack
04-24-2011, 13:12

Oowee! :rofl:

OfficerChris
04-24-2011, 14:00
You firm on your US dates?

Tell me when its best for you. How about last week of may, monday to wednesday or tuesday to thursday? Do you know how long it would take me to drive there from los gatos?

lawman800
04-24-2011, 15:56
Los Gatos? Good question. I'll check up on it but I will get on clearing the dates.

OfficerChris
04-24-2011, 16:21
Like I said, I am quite flexible concerning the dates. Thought about spending the week before in SF and start the next one with LA. Depending on the hotel prices, I planned two or three nights, also depending on how much time you have.

Woofie
04-24-2011, 20:31
Rabbits and eggs have nothing to do with real Christianity. There, I said it.:rant:

You mean you've never heard of the Hare Club for Men?

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/155565/peter-rabbit

Hack
04-25-2011, 00:51
You mean you've never heard of the Hare Club for Men?

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/155565/peter-rabbit

No. But, I am not a big TV watcher.:cool:

Horror
04-25-2011, 03:12
morning :wavey:

Hack
04-25-2011, 06:07
morning :wavey:

Howdy! :cowboy:

Hack
04-25-2011, 11:50
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/167000_10150122986417189_44959272188_7819097_5820007_n.jpg

Looks like California and Germany were working together in Kosovo. Cool.:cool:

Horror
04-25-2011, 12:09
looks that way, yes :supergrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIX9wCktVQc

Horror
04-25-2011, 12:38
http://img848.imageshack.us/img848/9800/img2128f.jpg

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/8544/image100998galleryv9hcs.jpg

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/1029/610xsddsds.jpg

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/3320/475724698xmioumfs0vp.jpg

Horror
04-26-2011, 05:00
I don't know why but watching women beach volleyball on tv is somehow very interesting :dunno::drool:

lawman800
04-26-2011, 08:35
I don't know why but watching women beach volleyball on tv is somehow very interesting :dunno::drool:

Meh, I got over it. It only took me 72 hours of watching it nonstop on tv to get bored of it.

Hack
04-26-2011, 21:32
I just don't watch it. I'm not a big volleyball fan, being married.:whistling:

Hack
04-27-2011, 07:48
Well, now what? I am home, tired, and steadily have been ingesting large amounts of aspirin. Friggin side effects of one of my newest medications.

lawman800
04-27-2011, 08:22
Food poisoning... That's all for now.

Hack
04-27-2011, 08:49

Ouch!

CJStudent
04-27-2011, 08:56
I really dislike supervisors that will start something in a dorm, just to screw with a particular inmate, then order you do deal with it. What a mess.

Horror
04-27-2011, 16:40

what have you eaten?

Hack
04-27-2011, 17:42
I really dislike supervisors that will start something in a dorm, just to screw with a particular inmate, then order you do deal with it. What a mess.

Said supervisor would be running to a body alarm within the next fifteen minutes, and having a ton of paperwork to go with it where I am at. And, said supervisor would be making this CO document what he has been up to at every opportunity and bringing the charges of unsafe work environment against him, along with a nice lawyer to use against him. I don't put up with that bravo sierra after having seen CO's lives endangered, one CO being beaten so badly that it affects him to this day, another being knifed in the back by an inmate, so on an so on.

I used to have a person on day watch in case management who always managed to piss an inmate off behind a segregation door cell, and we would have to deal with the aftermath.

Horror
04-27-2011, 18:39
suup?

lawman800
04-27-2011, 19:50
Shrimp...

Hack
04-27-2011, 22:00
suup?

Doing Facebook and getting ready for work. Yee haw, potentially a sixteen hour day.

Hack
04-27-2011, 22:04
Shrimp...

Maybe you should stay away from shellfish for awhile.

RMolina628
04-28-2011, 07:44
what a messed up 24 hours!
All starts tues. 1800, my three year old is having trouble taking a code brown. So my wife gives her a small glass of prune juice; no big deal. My 5 year old in turn gives her approx 28oz. MORE prune juice because said 3 year old is still thirsty. Needless to say it worked.... a little to well.... it was like someone shook her up and uncorked crap grenade in their bathroom! All seems to be well with her as of 0500 today.

CJStudent
04-28-2011, 08:28
Said supervisor would be running to a body alarm within the next fifteen minutes, and having a ton of paperwork to go with it where I am at. And, said supervisor would be making this CO document what he has been up to at every opportunity and bringing the charges of unsafe work environment against him, along with a nice lawyer to use against him. I don't put up with that bravo sierra after having seen CO's lives endangered, one CO being beaten so badly that it affects him to this day, another being knifed in the back by an inmate, so on an so on.

I used to have a person on day watch in case management who always managed to piss an inmate off behind a segregation door cell, and we would have to deal with the aftermath.

The really ****ty thing is the shift supervisor has his back, because he'll pull the same shenanigans based on something he thought he saw on camera right at the end of shift. It's getting rediculous; bad enough that other supervisors are *****ing about it, too. I'm just glad to be getting out soon; even if I don't get with BOP, I'm still going to try to transfer shifts to get away from these shenanigans.

lawman800
04-28-2011, 08:44
I think I found a solution... No prune juice but since I'm lactose intolerant, I just ate a lot of ice cream... And ended up blowing it out so it's solid once again!

The same concept works well into adulthood!

OfficerChris
04-28-2011, 09:43
Hi, gained some fat over the last couple of weeks, horrible. Now all I do is work, learn and train, but it makes me happy.

I have read about the storm in Alabama and all the people dead. Someone heared anything about BamaTrooper?

Hack
04-28-2011, 17:01
Hi, gained some fat over the last couple of weeks, horrible. Now all I do is work, learn and train, but it makes me happy.

I have read about the storm in Alabama and all the people dead. Someone heared anything about BamaTrooper?

I don't know. It's bad in most of the southern states. Tuscaloosa, AL got hit very badly. Awful, to the point of tears for many people down there, and that is for those people who are still alive. Many are dead up above two hundred and the digging is still in earnest.

Horror
04-28-2011, 17:07
:wavey:

Hack
04-28-2011, 17:28

Howdy!:cowboy:

I hate to run off but I haven't slept yet. I will be up 10:00 pm CDT.

Hack
04-28-2011, 21:54
Got up a bit late. Oh well, what should I expect with only about three hours sleep. I bet tomorrow I sleep longer.

OfficerChris
04-29-2011, 05:02
oh man.... I have eaten a bad egg yesterday, just a little bit of it..

The result: Hanging over the toilet bowl from 10pm till 3 am with short breaks in between by sitting on the bowl. It was so extreme, I nearly called an ambulance.
Then I slept two hours and went to work... Now I went home after 5 hours.

Horrible, stupid ****ing egg

Hack
04-29-2011, 10:30
oh man.... I have eaten a bad egg yesterday, just a little bit of it..

The result: Hanging over the toilet bowl from 10pm till 3 am with short breaks in between by sitting on the bowl. It was so extreme, I nearly called an ambulance.
Then I slept two hours and went to work... Now I went home after 5 hours.

Horrible, stupid ****ing egg

Ouch!:wow:

OfficerChris
04-29-2011, 10:35
slept a couple of hours and feel much better now. Tried to eat some soup now, looks like it stays inside.

Hack
04-29-2011, 10:41
slept a couple of hours and feel much better now. Tried to eat some soup now, looks like it stays inside.

Good!:supergrin:

OfficerChris
04-29-2011, 10:57
Some pictures from this month

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/225337_212515372109141_100000520400815_786083_2926873_n.jpg

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/230390_212515402109138_100000520400815_786084_1147191_n.jpg

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/221627_212515442109134_100000520400815_786085_5838601_n.jpg

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/222610_212515528775792_100000520400815_786088_6146494_n.jpg

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/223258_212515562109122_100000520400815_786089_1129957_n.jpg

Hack
04-29-2011, 11:17
Nice range. I wish we had something like that at the institution level.

OfficerChris
04-29-2011, 11:20
the range belongs to a proof house. These competitions are held by the Police, but its open to everyone. I really like it there, because everything is very relaxed and friendly, not like the typical Ipsc - sportthingy - bull****.

Hack
04-29-2011, 11:47
Offline. Got to go make a quick errand. Darn bills!

RMolina628
04-29-2011, 11:53
still having trouble getting in touch with family in Mississippi and Eastern Texas. From what I can tell from weather reports they were not directly hit with any tornadoes, but still makes me nervous.

The semester is done and I finished with a 3.6 GPA overall:supergrin:

lawman800
04-29-2011, 15:40
Nice. I noticed the zombie hunter patch on the shirt. I have that patch on my vest. Always gets a good laugh at the range.

OfficerChris
04-29-2011, 15:42
lol nice!.

I wear that jacket at work from time to time, but yet, no one recognized it.

Horror
04-29-2011, 16:19
1st May is coming up, and you know what that means?

its time to beat up some hippies, liberals and communists

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/2117/polizei2.jpg

Pinki
04-30-2011, 08:19

:thumbsup: Be safe and happy hunting! :cool:

OfficerChris
04-30-2011, 08:22
Aufpassen Horror!

Horror
04-30-2011, 08:32
Aufpassen Horror!

worauf?

CJStudent
04-30-2011, 09:46
Well, had the physical for BOP yesterday, and passed! Now I'm just waiting on the urinalysis to come back, and a case number to be assigned for my background investigation, then they submit the paperwork for the warden's signature!

Hearing an unofficial (as of yet) start date of June 5!

CJStudent
04-30-2011, 09:47

Get some for me!

Pinki
04-30-2011, 10:28
Well, had the physical for BOP yesterday, and passed! Now I'm just waiting on the urinalysis to come back, and a case number to be assigned for my background investigation, then they submit the paperwork for the warden's signature!

:thumbsup: Good luck

Hack
04-30-2011, 22:05

It should quickly become official. It takes a little time, but it will be done. FMC's are a bit different in that you will learn to deal with more of the sick, and the mentally ill. I have a past acquaintance of mine who may still be working there. I will have to look him up on the staff directory.

Hack
04-30-2011, 22:06
:thumbsup: Good luck

Hey there stranger! Same from here. I think he will do pretty well. It will take a period of adjustment to get used to doing some things the BOP way, (especially the kindlier gentler stuff).:whistling:

Hack
04-30-2011, 22:07
worauf?

Worauf? For hunting targets of course.:whistling:

Hack
04-30-2011, 22:09
the range belongs to a proof house. These competitions are held by the Police, but its open to everyone. I really like it there, because everything is very relaxed and friendly, not like the typical Ipsc - sportthingy - bull****.

Sounds like a nice place to gain some mad skilz. I do wish we had something like that around here, but I will settle for the occasional punching of holes in paper.

Hack
05-01-2011, 08:31
At sundown today is Holocaust Remembrance Day, Yom HaShoah. Please take a little time to remember those who were lost to genocide through the ideals of the NAZI party. Please note, that I am also as many Americans are, part German. This is not something to disparage any people group, but to remember an era of history so that this is not repeated amongst our own peoples. This is to encourage also the continued working together of our various peoples for a better tomorrow, and to keep in mind that it is time to wake up those who would hide their heads in the sand concerning the Muslim version of the same that is attempting to make gains in the Western world.

Horror
05-01-2011, 17:27

Pinki
05-01-2011, 17:56
Hey there stranger! Same from here. I think he will do pretty well. It will take a period of adjustment to get used to doing some things the BOP way, (especially the kindlier gentler stuff).:whistling:

:wavey: Hey Hack hope all is well!

Pinki
05-01-2011, 17:57

:wavey: Well how was May day?

Horror
05-01-2011, 18:05
:wavey: Well how was May day?

no action for me. Other units had a few fights but nothing really big.

I was standing around for 8 hours with 30lbs of gear wrapped around my body.

Hack
05-01-2011, 18:31
Howdy y'all!:wavey:

Not much going on here.

@Horror: sometimes no action is a good thing.

@Pinki: overall, it's OK, mainly. A little tired this weekend. People at work have similar complaints, mainly with headaches and such. Probably the weather affecting us.

Horror
05-01-2011, 18:48
@Horror: sometimes no action is a good thing.

indeed

Hack
05-01-2011, 19:14
Daughter is picked up, we're all in the house. Time to stay in for the evening.:)

CJStudent
05-01-2011, 22:46
Hope somebody likes their special accommodations in the eternal fires.

Hack
05-01-2011, 22:49
Hope somebody likes their special accommodations in the eternal fires.

Ah, a place where he can be well done.:whistling:

OK, I better quit.:rofl:

Sharky7
05-05-2011, 17:26
http://www.unicornpedia.com/images/robocop_unicorn_15.jpg

CJStudent
05-05-2011, 17:43

RMolina628
05-05-2011, 18:10
went fishing with the kiddos today. Found a couple new lakes that are kid friendly and electric motors only, I love being on the lake without the speed boaters.

Hack
05-05-2011, 21:24
Finally awake. I didn't want to get up with suffering from this cold or whatever it is. Nice to see Glock Talk back up, all the way now.

lawman800
05-06-2011, 01:35
What the hell... Lost all my posts and some threads are gone altogether!!!

In other news, I thought I was done with food poisoning and it came right back tonight. Damn it!!!

CJStudent
05-06-2011, 11:27
Didn't have time to post much yesterday, but I got the call from the background investigator yesterday morning. I'm supposed to get another call from one in Frankfort to set up meeting with him there sometime next week. Another step closer!

Horror
05-06-2011, 12:31

Woofie
05-06-2011, 13:01
Looks like I've adopted a dog. Girlfriend's cousin found a puppy on the side of the road and decided to drop it off at my house. I don't think he's any more than three weeks old. He hasn't even got teeth yet. Don't know how I'm going to keep him alive.

lawman800
05-06-2011, 13:16
Looks like I've adopted a dog. Girlfriend's cousin found a puppy on the side of the road and decided to drop it off at my house. I don't think he's any more than three weeks old. He hasn't even got teeth yet. Don't know how I'm going to keep him alive.

Keep him warm. Lots of milk and puppy chow. Not the hard dried food but the mush stuff for younglings. Treat as if you are raising a fresh litter.

OfficerChris
05-06-2011, 14:12

very cool, would love to get a dog this young and keep it

OfficerChris
05-06-2011, 14:14
What the hell... Lost all my posts and some threads are gone altogether!!!

In other news, I thought I was done with food poisoning and it came right back tonight. Damn it!!!

one week to get in a good condition again :supergrin:

Woofie
05-06-2011, 15:07
Keep him warm. Lots of milk and puppy chow. Not the hard dried food but the mush stuff for younglings. Treat as if you are raising a fresh litter.

I gave him a cool scrambled egg. Figured there wouldn't be much else he could eat with no teeth that would have all the nutrients an egg has. He devoured the thing.

He's been following me everywhere . . . slowly . . . and it's a real pain in the ass to be doing yard work and then see him right where you're about to throw the shovel.

Woofie
05-06-2011, 15:18
very cool, would love to get a dog this young and keep it

I'll stuff him in an envelope and mail to you.

lawman800
05-06-2011, 17:29
one week to get in a good condition again :supergrin:

Good thing is I lost 3 pounds.:supergrin:

RMolina628
05-06-2011, 18:56
picked up my spring and summer semester books today.The Criminal Justice Ethics book is the size of your average phone book, and pretty much reads the same way.

Hack
05-06-2011, 20:57
Didn't have time to post much yesterday, but I got the call from the background investigator yesterday morning. I'm supposed to get another call from one in Frankfort to set up meeting with him there sometime next week. Another step closer!

Sounds like they are proceeding right along. You most likely already know, but just follow with what they are looking for and what is required. You should be OK.

Hack
05-06-2011, 21:00

Have him checked out at a trusted vet, and follow their instructions. Puppy formula if you can find it, or goats milk, and make sure any of the other puppy food is soft. You may want to find a dog sitter for the first month or two. After that he should be OK on his own.

Hack
05-06-2011, 21:04

As long as it is not due to food poisoning.:supergrin:

I am still being messed with by something or other. Feels like a mild version of the flu, but I would have had that with a flu shot.

Hack
05-06-2011, 21:05
picked up my spring and summer semester books today.The Criminal Justice Ethics book is the size of your average phone book, and pretty much reads the same way.

Sounds like you're going to be a busy fellow.

lawman800
05-06-2011, 21:17

Should have just picked up the Lawyer's Edition for Ethics. It's only 1/2 a page long and most of it is ads for strip joints.:whistling:

Agent6-3/8
05-06-2011, 21:43
Nothing like a glass of Johnny Walker at the end of a long day...:cool:

Hack
05-06-2011, 21:45
Nothing like a glass of Johnny Walker at the end of a long day...:cool:

Evan Williams is my favorite whiskey to date. I just cannot have much at all with current medications.:crying:

Agent6-3/8
05-06-2011, 21:49
Evan Williams is my favorite whiskey to date. I just cannot have much at all with current medications.:crying:

Good stuff too! Those meds can definitely mess with the fun. ;)

Hack
05-06-2011, 22:00
Good stuff too! Those meds can definitely mess with the fun. ;)

Yeah. With the combination of meds that I am currently taking, until one of the treatments are over with as to taking one medication in particular I have concerns with the liver. Since I want to keep it intact I don't have my usual one beverage a day. According to one Canadian health information site I can have a drink occasionally, (not often), if I feel the urge. So, I have the occasional serving, or maybe a half serving a couple of times in the month. I am glad there is such a thing as non alcoholic beer. I prefer that over soda.

OfficerChris
05-07-2011, 01:10

we will compensate that lol

RMolina628
05-07-2011, 09:57
Sounds like you're going to be a busy fellow.
With any luck the lecture will be the readers digest version of the book.

Should have just picked up the Lawyer's Edition for Ethics. It's only 1/2 a page long and most of it is ads for strip joints.:whistling:
I'll just borrow it from you, didn't you have something to do with the publishing of the latest edition?

Woofie
05-07-2011, 16:46
Put up fence posts today. Digging holes and mixing concrete is fun.

lawman800
05-07-2011, 18:58
we will compensate that lol

I know... there's also a 24 hour Mexican place close to where you will be and I will have to show you how East LA style tacos are done at 3am.

I'll just borrow it from you, didn't you have something to do with the publishing of the latest edition?

Heck, I am the one that condensed it down from 3/4 page to 1/2 page by cutting out all the sections where we explain what ethics is.

Horror
05-07-2011, 19:34
I will have to show you how East LA style tacos are done at 3am.

is that the taco with the drive-by-shooting?

lawman800
05-07-2011, 19:54
is that the taco with the drive-by-shooting?

That is the drive by where you don't get to eat your taco because you are diving for cover. It's actually a good way to diet.

Horror
05-07-2011, 20:17
I'm getting hungry

lawman800
05-08-2011, 01:01
I'm getting hungry

Took mom out for sushi... ate too much... if that is possible when it comes to raw fish. Ugh... it sucks!

Horror
05-08-2011, 11:51
Happy Mothers Day to all the mothers here.

wait... are any mothers here?

OfficerChris
05-08-2011, 14:01
I know... there's also a 24 hour Mexican place close to where you will be and I will have to show you how East LA style tacos are done at 3am.

Heck, I am the one that condensed it down from 3/4 page to 1/2 page by cutting out all the sections where we explain what ethics is.

Cool, fast food at 3 am :supergrin: - I hope we are drunk too lol

OfficerChris
05-08-2011, 14:01
Played with a friends digicam today :supergrin:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH2bgrNN7_8

OfficerChris
05-08-2011, 14:02
Is Woofie a mother?

Horror
05-08-2011, 14:16

mit Feuer spielt man nicht!!!

lawman800
05-08-2011, 18:38

Yeah, you'll fit right in here in America.

Hack
05-08-2011, 19:59
Yeah, you'll fit right in here in America.

Yep...now all you need to do is have a beer handy and say, "Yahoo! Let's doit agin!":)

lawman800
05-08-2011, 21:17
Yep...now all you need to do is have a beer handy and say, "Yahoo! Let's doit agin!":)

John Deere hat. Wife beater tank top. Bud light. Throwing lighter fluid while yelling, "hey, get'er load of this, y'all!"

lawman800
05-08-2011, 21:18
Woot!!!

Page 50!!!

Hack
05-08-2011, 22:52
John Deere hat. Wife beater tank top. Bud light. Throwing lighter fluid while yelling, "hey, get'er load of this, y'all!"

Gotta be real beer. That beer flavoured water is not going to do. Must be real beer. Schlitz! (O lawdy I do think my bowels rumbled when I mentioned that one).:whistling:

lawman800
05-08-2011, 23:53
Real beer to me is MGD. Gotta watch the waistline!

Hack
05-09-2011, 00:11
Real beer to me is MGD. Gotta watch the waistline!

I like the Schlitz that they came back with, the original. It actually has a very good flavour for American beer. I could care less for Bud Light. It is beer flavoured carbonated water. Strohs used to be pretty good, but I have not seen that one for ages. Shiner is my most recent American favourite. Then, there were the pleasant tasting beers from Europe, and Canada, with Mexico having some good selections as well. I have not tried any of the Asian ones yet, except for maybe Tsingtao, nor any of the other various interesting ones out there. I would like another Bier La Garde style.

lawman800
05-09-2011, 09:34
I've tried some bad stuff that makes dishwater taste like ambrosia. Give me a Corona Light and lime and I am good.

Hack
05-09-2011, 18:10
I've tried some bad stuff that makes dishwater taste like ambrosia. Give me a Corona Light and lime and I am good.

Of the Mexican varieties I like Bohemia.

Horror
05-10-2011, 00:20
nada mejor que la cerveza alemana. :cheers:

lawman800
05-10-2011, 00:36
nada mejor que la cerveza alemana. :cheers:

Becks or Heineken gets too bitter and strong for me. But I love sauerkraut on a hotdog!

Horror
05-10-2011, 00:45
I get the runs from eating Sauerkraut

lawman800
05-10-2011, 00:52
Nothing better in the morning than an all-Angus beef hotdog topped with hot mustard and sauerkraut, I tells ya!

It'll put hair on a man's chest!:supergrin:

Horror
05-10-2011, 01:02
now I'm hungry

lawman800
05-10-2011, 01:15
I'm not. Ate too much sushi and yakitori... again.

Horror
05-10-2011, 01:16
I'm not. Ate too much sushi and yakitori... again.

I had a double whopper with fries and a coke, at 0100h.

lawman800
05-10-2011, 01:18
Glad to know we not only export popular culture via film and television, but also our eating habits and fast food!

Horror
05-10-2011, 01:22
its time to sleep :yawn:

lawman800
05-10-2011, 01:44
Auf wiedersen!

CJStudent
05-10-2011, 09:14
:woohoo:

I Just got the final offer!!!!!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

RMolina628
05-10-2011, 10:13
congrats CJ!

CJStudent
05-10-2011, 10:33
Thanks, man!

lawman800
05-10-2011, 16:46
Good deal!

Hack
05-10-2011, 21:27
Welcome to the BOP! Now, you may have to learn to get used to being called rook.:)

Agent6-3/8
05-10-2011, 22:30
Awesome news, CJ! :thumbsup:

CJStudent
05-10-2011, 22:39
Thanks, guys! And yeah, Hack, that'll take some getting used to!

Horror
05-11-2011, 00:35

good news CJ.