Where to buy Fleece Jacket Liner w/Rank Badges & Name Plates? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy Fleece Jacket Liner w/Rank Badges & Name Plates?

USMCSGT ARMYMP OHLEO
01-21-2011, 12:56
I have no cold weather gear issued from the Army Reserves (Ohio is cold) so I'd like to atleast get a Fleece Jacket Liner w/Rank Badges & Name Plates.

1. What brand is good? I've heard some have very short sleves?? I'm tall 6'5" with long arms.

2.Where to get the best deal?

JBarbaresi
01-21-2011, 23:42
I have no cold weather gear issued from the Army Reserves (Ohio is cold) so I'd like to atleast get a Fleece Jacket Liner w/Rank Badges & Name Plates.

1. What brand is good? I've heard some have very short sleves?? I'm tall 6'5" with long arms.

if you are looking for the "standard issue" green fleece you should be able to get them at any clothing and sales store on an army installation. if you know your size and want to order online you can do so at aafes.com, rangerjoes.com, or several other online vendors. just search for "army green fleece" in google shopping and you will find everything you are looking for.

can't personally speak on brands or fit because i haven't purchased one yet. i've been in the army for over 9 years and have yet to purchase any snivel gear aside from what i've been issued.

KG Dad
01-21-2011, 23:51
I went to US Cav since until 2 months ago, Fort Lewis had nothing. I also bought Gen I since Gen II was unavailable--generally if you cannot get it at the MCSS, it ain't available widely elsewhere.

Good buy for the $35 and works for here.

Just got my $$$ Gore-Tek. Still got my BDU. Can you say "deer" coat?

MJH

USMCSGT ARMYMP OHLEO
01-22-2011, 07:38
Thanks for the advice ...I have yet to be on a Army base since I joined last Dec.....I was prior service Marine so I have all of my USMC gear but our fleece was diffrent .......looks like a 4 hours drive to the nearest base from Ohio....I'll look online some more!

Huey148
02-10-2011, 14:49

Where do you live at and what unit are you in? Hard to believe any unit here in the Buckeye state doesn't issue snivel gear. I was in the guard and can't speak for the reserves though. Hard to remember what is in the clothing bag, but stuff like polypro and the like used to be a unit issue item and not a individual item....

If you are willing to spend your own $$ there is a clothing sales store at WPAFB in Dayton or a mini PX/Clothing sales store at Rickenbacker ANG Base in Columbus...

hope this helps....in the meantime if nothing else I would just get some store bought longjohns to wear under your ACU's nobody should notice and I doubt would say anything anyway...

gsr
03-01-2011, 16:53
Be sure to get your fleece with the rank velcro on the RIGHT. That is the way it is on the issue jacket. Some aftermarket fleeces have it on the left, or no velcro for rank or nametapes at all. Also, make sure it is green. The black ones are on the way out.

indyg19
03-30-2011, 20:26
Chiming in late after a looooong hiatus from glock talk...
If you are tall, i would NOT recommend buying the Gen II fleece from US CAV. I am only 6' and wear a ML ACU top. The fit is good on the fleece, but the sleeves are short. I look like a total pogue, but that what I am. I am in AZ for training right now and fortunately don't need it.
I have heard no such complaints about the Gen III fleeces that come in longs.
-w