First Range Trip, RIA FS Tac [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : First Range Trip, RIA FS Tac

Hurricanes
01-22-2011, 11:34
So I was finally able to make it out to the range today. Weather was in the mid 70's, and it was raining a bit when I arrived, and while shooting.

What can I say but that I love how my 1911 handled itself. It took in and spit out a total of 200 rounds:
-100 rounds of Georgia Arms 230gr. FMJ
-100 rounds of Federal 230gr. FMJ

Shooting at 7 yards it was plenty accurate when I had the proper grip and trigger pull. Even my friend who is a newer shooter couldn't help but compliment on how accurate it was. We went back and forth between the 1911 and my friends Beretta PX4 .40 S&W. So we had the snap of the Berettas 40, and the full on power of the .45 ACP. The 1911 fired with force on every single try (when the magazine didn't act up, more on that). It took a bit getting used to the sights, but it didn't take long. I was shooting a bit lower than center, but the hole that ended up was enough to fit my fist.

I only have one magazine and it was the ACT that came with the 1911. I didn't have any FTRB, but did have one FTF while in the process of shooting. I had one in the chamber and a full 8 rounds in the magazine. After the first shot the slide got caught, and looking into the open slide you could see the the next round nose down. After pulling out the magazine the nose down round was slipped back into the magazine and shot out fine. Also while preparing to shoot, I had a few FTF while racking the open slide back to chamber a round. When using the slide lock to release the slide it fed fine, but when pulling back the slide a few times the first round would just end up nose down a bit.

At the end of the day I was proud of my gun. It functioned 100%, and the few hangs up I'd attribute to the single magazine I had. I got home cleaned her up, and she's ready for bed.
-Joel

**Also forgot to mention that directly above the flare in the ejection port you can see where some of the brass had hit during the ejection process. Doesn't bother me at all, but just wanted to make a note of that.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c370/Blackbirdm6/photo.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c370/Blackbirdm6/photo1.jpg

glock2740
01-22-2011, 11:55
Cool deal. :thumbsup:

Ruggles
01-22-2011, 12:19
Congrats on the 1911!