RRA lower frame question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : RRA lower frame question

welco425
01-22-2011, 16:12
I am considering putting together my first AR lower. I plan on purchasing a RRA lower receiver that I see from time to time for $99.00. There seems to be large swing in pricing on the RRA receiver. Is there a grade A, B and C or all RRA lower frames the same?

I also plan on using a RRA lower part kit with national match trigger for $119. I have not decided on the stock.

This is just to see if I can do it and not so mush to save money.

javelinadave
01-22-2011, 16:18
There is no A, B, C, grade RRA anything as far as I am aware of.

welco425
01-22-2011, 16:22
There is no A, B, C, grade RRA anything as far as I am aware of.

Thanks the wide swing in pricing is why I asked
Paul

zhix
01-22-2011, 17:59
I paid an average price for my RRA lower(under $125 OTD) but have seen them priced very high compared to other lowers. It is well finished; no flash marks or imperfections in the finish or aluminum itself and it fits very extremely tight, depending on which upper you mate it with.

welco425
01-22-2011, 18:10
I paid an average price for my RRA lower(under $125 OTD) but have seen them priced very high compared to other lowers. It is well finished; no flash marks or imperfections in the finish or aluminum itself and it fits very extremely tight, depending on which upper you mate it with.

Thanks I will go with the RRA lower receiver

thunderbat
01-22-2011, 18:19
RRA is solid. Price swings are new to me on their lowers, or any other stuff... But if you can snag one for $125, do it and let me know where you did...:wavey:

welco425
01-22-2011, 20:59
RRA is solid. Price swings are new to me on their lowers, or any other stuff... But if you can snag one for $125, do it and let me know where you did...:wavey:

http://www.class3weapons.com/Default.asp
They are out now but they are usually a good source.

FatBoy
01-23-2011, 13:13
I am considering putting together my first AR lower. I plan on purchasing a RRA lower receiver that I see from time to time for $99.00. There seems to be large swing in pricing on the RRA receiver. Is there a grade A, B and C or all RRA lower frames the same?

I also plan on using a RRA lower part kit with national match trigger for $119. I have not decided on the stock.
This is just to see if I can do it and not so mush to save money.

That seems like quite a low price of a LPK w/ a MN trigger. Are you sure your not just getting the NM trigger for $119? Best price I have seen is $70 for the regular LPK and $90 for the NM trigger for a total of $160.

FB

ghostman1960
01-23-2011, 13:23
I got my RRA lower and RRA LPK OTD for $175.00 The fit and finish on it is beautiful and it went together without a hitch. It's a very good fit for my BCM upper. No wobble at all.

Three-Five-Seven
01-23-2011, 13:39
I've assembled three guns on RRA lowers. I like them because of the excellent, and consistent finish. But, most import to me, the fit and lock-up with RRA receivers is the best available. Consistently tight assembly.

There was, in the past six months, a large batch of RRA lowers that had been improperly machined. These were fitted with bushings at the pivot bosses to compensate for the errors. These receivers were being sold at very good, low prices. This may account, in part, for the variation in pricing you've noted. Also, the price of ARs and components has dropped dramatically in the past twelve months as demand was met and production had been ramped up. In other words, there is a general trend downward in pricing and the variation you've noted is, in part, the result of this economic shift.