slide play [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : slide play

proguide
01-22-2011, 19:51
Im new to the Sig platform. I just purchased a p220. It's a hybrid, German..US. There is some play at the rear of the slide when locked up (side to side) Is this normal for Sig's? My Glock's do not display this amount of "play". Shoots fine with no malfunctions as of yet. Does this accelerate wear?

Thanks for the help.

backbore
01-22-2011, 21:49
It's not unusual at all. My 228 has a ton of play but it's accurate as all get out. I contacted the factory who said they'd get rid of it for $75.00. I'll get around to it eventually. Lots of guys complain about rattling Sigs so it's not unusual.

Cobra64
01-23-2011, 00:19
Im new to the Sig platform. I just purchased a p220. It's a hybrid, German..US. There is some play at the rear of the slide when locked up (side to side) Is this normal for Sig's? My Glock's do not display this amount of "play". Shoots fine with no malfunctions as of yet. Does this accelerate wear?

Thanks for the help.

As long as the barrel lug is locked up with the locking block and the barrel muzzle is under slide tension, you're fine.

proguide
01-23-2011, 08:21
Thanks

proguide
01-28-2011, 16:41
anyone else?

The Retired Sarge
01-29-2011, 10:01
What Cobra64 said. Accuracy/function in a SIG Sauer pistol is not dependant on slide fit. The SIG accuracy is from the barrel lock up. Most SIGs have slide play. If the pistol shoots and functions good as SIGs are known to do, leave it alone. Bill