F-f-f-finally g-gg-got t-t-to shoot m-my Range Officer.... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : F-f-f-finally g-gg-got t-t-to shoot m-my Range Officer....

Big_Grumpy
01-23-2011, 00:25
First we tried hitting the nearest indoor range. They were packed with an hour wait time. I decided to hit an outdoor range as we were pressed for time. It's cold up here with temps in the single digits, and a wind chill pushing negative double digits, but I HAD to shoot it.

Well, aside from loading with numb fingers and my shooting glasses steaming up from my body heat and breath, it went ok. I only ran a couple of mags, though. I would've ran 3, but I dropped a loaded one in the snow:upeyes:. Freakin' COLD!

I taped up a paper plate and landed most of my shots on there from between 15-20 yards. No hitches. Seems like a great shooter.

Sorry, wasn't about to take pictures or trudge through the snow to retrieve my plate either. Likely story, huh? :supergrin:

Next time I'll wait at the indoor... :supergrin:

bac1023
01-23-2011, 00:43
Wow.

Its been so cold in PA, that I can't even imagine WI. :cold:

PlayboyPenguin
01-23-2011, 01:18
First we tried hitting the nearest indoor range. They were packed with an hour wait time. I decided to hit an outdoor range as we were pressed for time. It's cold up here with temps in the single digits, and a wind chill pushing negative double digits, but I HAD to shoot it.

Well, aside from loading with numb fingers and my shooting glasses steaming up from my body heat and breath, it went ok. I only ran a couple of mags, though. I would've ran 3, but I dropped a loaded one in the snow:upeyes:. Freakin' COLD!

I taped up a paper plate and landed most of my shots on there from between 15-20 yards. No hitches. Seems like a great shooter.

Sorry, wasn't about to take pictures or trudge through the snow to retrieve my plate either. Likely story, huh? :supergrin:

Next time I'll wait at the indoor... :supergrin:
You sir and truly dedicated. I decided not to go shooting yesterday because it was a bit foggy. :embarassed:

PS: I finally saw one in person the other day. You have a very nice weapon there.

Ruggles
01-23-2011, 01:19
Around 65 degrees in Tejas today, and sunny!

Big_Grumpy
01-23-2011, 01:51
You sir and truly dedicated. I decided not to go shooting yesterday because it was a bit foggy. :embarassed:

PS: I finally saw one in person the other day. You have a very nice weapon there.

Not really dedicated, more like squeezing in range time, and possibly a little nuts. The thing's been sitting around new for a month and I was going to get out this weekend come hell or high water.

I've never tried shooting when it was this cold before either, so I thought it'd be an experience. Yup. Avoid if possible :supergrin:

Thanks, they seem like a well built piece. I have a feeling I'll enjoy it.

bac1023
01-23-2011, 07:16
Around 65 degrees in Tejas today, and sunny!

Nice.

As I type this, its in the single digits in northern Bucks County, PA. :shocked:

No shooting for me. I hate indoors.

rockabillyrider
01-23-2011, 07:36
Shot a local IDPA yesterday and the temps never got out of the teens with five inches of snow on the ground. Had a great time and did quite well.
It's all about mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter!!! :dunno:

fasteddie565
01-23-2011, 08:53
Take the opportunity to shoot in your gloves. Its cold here in MO as well. I shot OK in my gloves (shooting gloves). But reloading mags was, well, challenging.

Kudos to all who brave the weather in the never ending pursuit to burn some gun powder.

Mr. Gekko
01-23-2011, 11:37
Kudos to all who brave the weather in the never ending pursuit to burn some gun powder.

No kidding. 50 degrees is jacket weather where I live. I can't begin to imagine trying that with temp's that cold.