Grip tool for Colt match target grip? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Grip tool for Colt match target grip?

matteblack
01-23-2011, 11:03
I want to change out a grip on my colt match target lower. It has a hex screw, and the ones I have on hand are not long enough and I dont know the size. I thought if anyone knows exactly what to get I can save time at the hardware store. Help ;) Thanks in advance!
MB :cool:

surf
01-23-2011, 12:24
3/16"

RyanNREMTP
01-23-2011, 14:08
Have you tried the little bits that fit into the end of the screwdriver like thing? I think this is what I had to use when I replaced mine.

matteblack
01-24-2011, 12:34
Thanks folks! I am trying to install the MOE grip. I still need to pick up the tool but in the meantime, I heard they are sometimes very difficult to install, too tight I believe. Has anyone had this difficulty?

NeverMore1701
01-24-2011, 14:52
Thanks folks! I am trying to install the MOE grip. I still need to pick up the tool but in the meantime, I heard they are sometimes very difficult to install, too tight I believe. Has anyone had this difficulty?

Mine were quite snug on both my Spike's and Noveske lowers, but a good whack with the heel of my hand got 'em on.

matteblack
01-25-2011, 15:52
Thanks folks. I used a 3/16 Hex T-Key and it worked perfectly!
MB:wavey:

Spiffums
01-25-2011, 20:34
Have you tried the little bits that fit into the end of the screwdriver like thing? I think this is what I had to use when I replaced mine.

Ratchet and extension is the best way to go if you have a socket set already.

RyanNREMTP
01-26-2011, 02:30
Ratchet and extension is the best way to go if you have a socket set already.

That's the things. I shouldn't post when I haven't had much sleep but still manage to do it.