P250 help??? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : P250 help???

Clay1
01-23-2011, 19:22
A friend owns a P250 combo pack, two frames, two slides, one trigger/fire control group. He pulls the fire control group out of one frame, all of the parts look like they are in the right place and places the group in the second frame. While the trigger pulls back the hammer isn't moving right so he brings it over to my house. :rofl:

I look at it and look at it. I can't get the hammer to work either. We pull it apart and put it back together many, many times. The two of us together draw a big fat zero for success. I would like to help the guy out. What is the common mistake that is made while putting these things back together. I can see the hammer starting to move then hear a "click" as one piece of metal slides off of another and something is slipping in there.

I figure that someone must have had this same issue before and can tell me, OH, just go put this there and Presto magico the damn thing will work again.

So a friendly shove in the right direction would be helpful. I'm going to look around youtube for some hints, but I'm not too optimistic at this point. It's not my gun, I shouldn't get too involved, but it rubbed me the wrong way that I couldn't figure it out either.

Rick

FredZiffle
01-26-2011, 17:34
I had the trigger spring fall out of my frame, maybe his moved to the side, not quite falling out? I sent my back for a "upgraded" housing. I also needed a new barrel and a shorter front sight.
Fred

phred119
01-26-2011, 17:51
Pull the fire control group out of the frame and check that all of the pins are pushed in completely. There is one near the back of the FCG that I belive the hammer pivots on, and the trigger bar makes contact with. If this pin rides out to the wrong side just a little, the gun can't fire. It's been a little while since I've looked closely at one, and I dont' have any pics readily available.

Hope this helps.