Sevigny Sights by Warren Tactical [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Sevigny Sights by Warren Tactical

Chief79
01-23-2011, 21:03
This year I decided to rig up a Gen4 G17 for USPSA while I wait for the Gen4 G34's.

I have been thinking about using the Sevigny Sights by Warren Tactical. I definately want the fiber front option.

Does anyone else use these? Opinions?

01-23-2011, 21:05
you cannot go wrong with these and a great choice you made. you can read on the brian enos forum about these too.

DannyR
01-24-2011, 08:34
Everyone's eyesight is different. What works well for one may not work well at all for another. The Sevigny's is a good place to start, as is with AmeriGlo Hackathorns.

Some need fiber optics
Some must have 3 dots
Some prefer all black
Some like a lot of light around the front sight
Some like little light around the front sight

A red fiber optic front seems to be gaining popularity in USPSA competition. I just installed a Green Ameriglo fiber optic front to test this week. Only you can decide which will work best for your needs.

Donzi Gt250
01-24-2011, 11:03
I had them on my G19 and two issues I noticed with these sights.
1. I had to do quite a bit of filing on the rear sight to make it fit the slide properly.
2. The "standard height" .215 front sight is too tall for a G19, my POI was low compared to my POA. I believe the .215 front sight was designed to be used with a G34 or possibly a G17 but is not correct on a G19.
They do make three height front sights .185, .215 and .245.
So on a G17 I would try the .215 first.

ihooklow
01-24-2011, 16:37
I like mine. I have them on my G17 with the .215 front. The FO front does get a little build up on it, dulling it a bit after a few hundred rounds. They aren't the easiest to clean, either. But I am guessing this is common with FO sights. Nothing a soft toothbrush and a little alcohol cannot cure quickly.

MrVvrroomm
01-24-2011, 21:55
I use Warren Tactical w/fiber optic fronts on several of my Glocks. I like them just fine. I shoot USPSA and an monthly steel match.

My wife has them on her M&P 9mm.

pedropcola
01-27-2011, 19:27
I have a G34 that came with the adjustable plastic sights. I love that gun but the plastic sights bugged me for two reasons. One, they were plastic (my stupid bias) and two, the white outline rear was not very user friendly to my eyes. It still shot like a laser and is easily one of my best shooting range guns. Outstanding.

I also checked into the Sevigny's and Warren Tactical's etc. at Dawson Precision. Went round and round, numerous phone calls to DP and they were great. Finally decided on the Sevigny Carry option. Plain black rear, FO front. It comes with green and red tubes which are ridiculously cheap and easy to replace. When they get dirty, if you have trouble cleaning them, cut it in the middle and replace it. Two inches of FO will last you numerous goes. My LGS used his MGW sight pusher and while tight had zero issue getting it on with no marring or cussing. Front sight went on like any other glock set screw type.

I was worried about POI because I heard they might be 6 o'clock hold. In my hands they hit repeatedly right above the front post. They are perfect for me. The Sevigny Carry option doesn't have the differing front sight heights if you buy it as a set from DP, but they are dead on for me. I have been using the green, for daytime use it stands out like a sore thumb and the sharp picture and thinner than OEM front blade have tightened up my shooting with this already sharp gun.

I like it so much I am going to buy another 34 and put the adjustable rear/FO front version on that one. This will necessitate a taller front which is why I went with the set I got but have I mentioned I love this gun? Good luck.

Pete

samuse
01-28-2011, 07:48
The Sevigny's are excellent sights.
I had 'em on a 17, they shot to POA.
I found the front sight was swimming in the rear sight, I guess I needed a wider front.

I have since switched to 10-8s...

Bob45acp
01-28-2011, 07:51
I have Warren Sevigny carry sights on my G34 for IDPA. I have black on black, that's the way I like it. The rear notch is wide enough and the front sight is just perfect. I highly recommed them. The FO front sights are excellent too.

Bren
01-28-2011, 07:53
The Sevigny's are excellent sights.
I had 'em on a 17, they shot to POA.
I found the front sight was swimming in the rear sight, I guess I needed a wider front.

I have since switched to 10-8s...

I also have Sevigny FO sights. The whole point is for the front to be very thin and the rear to be very wide, so you can quickly center the front and see plenty around the sides of it.

samuse
01-28-2011, 07:59
I also have Sevigny FO sights. The whole point is for the front to be very thin and the rear to be very wide, so you can quickly center the front and see plenty around the sides of it.

I understand the point, it's just that my eyes are much faster than my hands, I reaquire my front sight fast enough to get it into a tighter rear sight, which is faster for me to center the front sight in than a rear sight that's 2-3 times wider than the front.

In a few years, when my eyes are goin', I may have to open up the rear notch.

Epizza
01-28-2011, 08:03
I have WTS sights and Dawsons I prefer the Dawsons.

denn1911
01-28-2011, 23:58
My G21SF is set up with a Sevigny black rear with a Warren red fiber optic front, and it is a nice set up.

Bren
01-29-2011, 12:13
I understand the point, it's just that my eyes are much faster than my hands, I reaquire my front sight fast enough to get it into a tighter rear sight, which is faster for me to center the front sight in than a rear sight that's 2-3 times wider than the front.

In a few years, when my eyes are goin', I may have to open up the rear notch.

Work on your speed - if your hands are that much slower than your eyes, you're moving way too slow.