Stag8 gets DD Omega 7 large piston quad rail [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Stag8 gets DD Omega 7 large piston quad rail

AFPD118
01-24-2011, 15:44
My Daniels Defense Omega 7 large piston quad rail for my Stag 8 came in today. As always with DD very nice fit.

http://keithb.frobozz.us/Stag8DD7.jpg

http://keithb.frobozz.us/Stag8DD7_3.jpg

RyanNREMTP
01-24-2011, 15:55
Nice looking.

Lee-online
01-24-2011, 16:18
Nice, Did they drop in or did you have to modify them a little to fit?

I just got some goodies in the mail today for my stag8. Got the POF pin and a B.A.D.A.S.S selector. Still waiting for the moe guards and the AFG2.

I was looking for a red dot but, came across a deal on a brand new G19 i just couldn't let go. I'll just have to stick with the iron sights for a while.

AFPD118
01-24-2011, 16:30
they drop right in but are free floating, as there are set 4 screws that lock up on the barrel nut

mixflip
01-24-2011, 22:40
Cant wait to hear a range report? I passed on them until I could get unbiased feedback? I was thinking that since the heat gets moved from the bolt to under the handguards that it might get too hot with aluminum quad rails? Let us know how they handle the heat. Looks good! ilove how DD covers the top gap.

AFPD118
01-25-2011, 05:27
Cant wait to hear a range report? I passed on them until I could get unbiased feedback? I was thinking that since the heat gets moved from the bolt to under the handguards that it might get too hot with aluminum quad rails? Let us know how they handle the heat. Looks good! ilove how DD covers the top gap.

hi Mix,

i will try and check the heat, but i grip the mag well and not the rail anyway so i won't notice.

My only beef with DD this time no rail covers, they got cheap, the DDOmega7 for my model 3 came with 3 rail covers.

Covering the gap was a major factor in picking DD, but they are well made and fit perfect.

I did get the POF roller pin installed as well. been to cold to shoot here was -15 yesterday burrrr :wow:

mixflip
01-25-2011, 10:33
hi Mix,

i will try and check the heat, but i grip the mag well and not the rail anyway so i won't notice.

My only beef with DD this time no rail covers, they got cheap, the DDOmega7 for my model 3 came with 3 rail covers.

Covering the gap was a major factor in picking DD, but they are well made and fit perfect.

I did get the POF roller pin installed as well. been to cold to shoot here was -15 yesterday burrrr :wow:

-15? Holy crap thats cold! I may complain about Vegas summers but our winters are NICE. Shot Show media day range shoot last week, it was 70 degrees!!! :wow: