lower receiver double stamped. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : lower receiver double stamped.

Lee-online
01-24-2011, 18:50
I was just installing an ambi selector in my new stag 8 and i noticed the fire safe markings are double stamped so it looks like
FIREE SSAFE

Should i worry about it? Should i contact the dealer who sold it or Stag directly?

What are my options? :rant:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/lees99f150/stag8002.jpg

Jon_R
01-24-2011, 19:08
Purely cosmetic obviously. Up to you if you can get over it or if it will bug you. How long have you had it and didn't notice. :whistling:

If you want it swapped out I would start with the dealer if local before contacting Stag and have to do shipping.

I think I could just let it go but can't speak for you. :dunno:

I am not sure mine are even marked on the right side. Tells you how much I notice and I even have them setup with colt safeties reversed to actuate it with my left thumb.

Halojumper
01-24-2011, 19:15
Maybe the guy at the factory stutters!

Lee-online
01-24-2011, 19:30
I picked it up last Monday, so i have had it a week. I have not fired it and only noticed it tonight because i was installing the ambi selector. I just sent an email off to stag and CC'd the dealer.

I can live with it but, because it is a blem i should get it discounted or get some free goodies.
I'll see how they respond.

surf
01-24-2011, 19:51
Maybe the guy at the factory stutters!OK, that was funny. :supergrin:

surf
01-24-2011, 19:59
I picked it up last Monday, so i have had it a week. I have not fired it and only noticed it tonight because i was installing the ambi selector. I just sent an email off to stag and CC'd the dealer.

I can live with it but, because it is a blem i should get it discounted or get some free goodies.
I'll see how they respond.I have had a very interesting discussion on this topic before. If this is sold as being a "first" and not a blemished "blem" item, the manufacturer, the dealer and you all share some responsibility to inspect the item. However you are the customer and since it clearly is not a factory first you should be satisfied. I know the "well it doesn't hurt function, is purely cosmetic and it is a damn battle rifle" argument, but I could give a crap. If you purchased it as a blem, so be it. But if I purchased a factory first then I would expect just that. I will also add that it may not be the manufacturer. If Stag does release "blem" items for resale, the dealer may have sold it as a factory first and not a blemished item.

My personal beliefs is that you are entitled to a new replacement if you wish, or a fair discounted price of a blemished lower, or some type of store credit. Bottom line, it is your money, how and where you spend it is up to you.

Lee-online
01-24-2011, 20:31
I was just talking with the dealer and he did not noticed it when he sold it to me. I obviously, also did not notice it when i picked it up. It is a factory first sold as brand new. Dealer is now inspecting his inventory. He suspects stag will want it returned and will send a replacement.

We will see how they want to handle it. Knowing stags reputation, I am sure they will do whats necessary.

PrO...
01-24-2011, 20:44
If it bothers you send it back,if it bothers you that you paid for a good one and got a crap one but you can live with a double stamp blemish call and get some money back,BUT if it doesn't bother you at all leave it and call it Moses(he stuttered).

RMTactical
01-24-2011, 20:50
Contact the company you bought it from. I would think they would probably be willing to send you a replacement and/or a few mags or something, as a way of apologizing...

Folsom_Prison
01-24-2011, 21:36
Maybe the guy at the factory stutters!

:rofl: I needed a good laugh!!

DD26
01-25-2011, 00:19
I feel drunk when I look at the "Fire" marking.

Reminds me of this:

http://opticalillusion.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/effect2.jpg

jdodd
01-25-2011, 05:47
It just comes down to do you want a replacement? Stag will replace it under there lifetime warrenty. You might also call, and ask is there anything they can do for you. As in free spare bolt etc. if you do not want a new lower.

-J

Lee-online
01-25-2011, 20:21
Stag sent me a UPS label so i can send the lower back. I guess i might as well get it replaced and have an un-blemished rifle. Its too cold and snowy here right now to be out on the range shooting so its going back.

They did not offer any other options after i suggested i would be willing to live with it.

cyrsequipment
01-27-2011, 09:58
I feel drunk when I look at the "Fire" marking.

Reminds me of this:

http://opticalillusion.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/effect2.jpg

A woman with two mouths? :faint:

That means twice the nagging.... that is the most frightening thing I have seen in years.

Truckee
01-27-2011, 10:57
If I already had it, I wouldn't go to the trouble of sending it back. I'd look at the blem as making it "unique and mine." If Stag wanted to offer a few mags for missing it, I'd take 'em.

Three-Five-Seven
01-27-2011, 11:10
I think it's the new 3-D model. Have you inspected it while wearing your red and green glasses?

Lee-online
03-16-2011, 16:45
UPDATE: All is well.

I got it back today and it looks like it was just replaced with a brand new receiver with the same serial number.

I didn't get any free goodies but i did remove the buffer and the sling mount and it had both on it when i got it back so now i have an extra.

This weekend looks like a nice on to spend at the range.

faawrenchbndr
03-16-2011, 17:34

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/lees99f150/stag8002.jpg

Sweet,.........an echo carbine! :tongueout: