Quick Question Regarding Customization [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question Regarding Customization

snwbrdr202
01-25-2011, 05:49
Good morning gents! I am dropping off my Springfield Mil-Spec at a local gun smith this afternoon, and I am having the following done:

1. New vented aluminum trigger (STI hopefully)

2. Flat serrated mainspring housing

3. Titanium firing pin

4. High rise beaver-tail safety

Is there anything else that you gentlemen would recommend I have done while my pistol is in at the shop? I kind of like the standard combat hammer, so I would prefer to keep it on. Any recommendations are always appreciated. I will be sure to post some pictures of her post-op :cool:

Quack
01-25-2011, 05:57
checker the front strap.
it should have a Ti firing pin already
you'll need a different hammer, for the beavertail grip safety.

knedrgr
01-25-2011, 08:13
or bob the current GI/Mil-Spec hammer.

Rinspeed
01-25-2011, 08:39
For me a hammer and sear would come before any of those.

snwbrdr202
01-25-2011, 08:42
Hey thanks for the help guys. Quack, are you sure that the Mil-Spec model has a titanium firing pin? The Loaded states that its a step up from the Mil-Spec, and has an added titanium firing pin...but I can't find any info online regarding the Mil-Spec firing pin. You know a lot more about 1911s than I at no mistake, but I just want to make sure.

checker the front strap.
you'll need a different hammer, for the beavertail grip safety.

GJ1981
01-25-2011, 09:06
I agree with tool steel hammer & sear before checkering. I'd get a quality plunger tube while it was being worked on too.

deadite
01-25-2011, 10:29
3. Titanium firing pin

Hey thanks for the help guys. Quack, are you sure that the Mil-Spec model has a titanium firing pin? The Loaded states that its a step up from the Mil-Spec, and has an added titanium firing pin...but I can't find any info online regarding the Mil-Spec firing pin. You know a lot more about 1911s than I at no mistake, but I just want to make sure.

Should be easy to find out. Just break it down and see for yourself. It's easy. :)

deadite

Quack
01-25-2011, 11:18
Yep, thats how it passes drop safety tests.