Help choosing new video card [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Help choosing new video card

havensal
01-26-2011, 09:54
I am looking into upgrading my video card as it is getting old and I have out grown it.

I am not into gaming as much as I am videos. I use my PC as my DVR and also use it to watch videos from my DH cameras.

I do a fair amount of video encoding but I don't think that has much to do with the video card.

I need at least 720P HDMI with audio. 1080P would be nice for the future.

I might have to buy an audio card to allow plugging the audio into the video card for the HDMI. Here (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128064) is a link to my MB.

I does have SPDIF so I may be in luck.

Has anyone here got their audio over HDMI to work?

What do you recommend?

:wavey:

gemeinschaft
01-26-2011, 11:06
I have a built a couple of media centers for people with a video card that had an onboard audio controller with output to HDMI.

Here it is = ATI Radeon HD 4870

Once your video card is installed, you will have to go into your sound settings and change your default sound output to HDMI. Then it should pipe sweet music from there on.

tous
01-26-2011, 13:47
I have a built a couple of media centers for people with a video card that had an onboard audio controller with output to HDMI.

Here it is = ATI Radeon HD 4870

Once your video card is installed, you will have to go into your sound settings and change your default sound output to HDMI. Then it should pipe sweet music from there on.

If you buy a video card, by it from xfx. They have a lifetime warranty as long as you register the purchase on their web site. I have had to use their warranty several times and they a great at responding and shipping a new part quickly.

Bad part of ATI: like NVidia, when they have driver updates it generally comes wrapped in 120MB of other stuff which makes the download and install longer than necessary. :fist: