Trigger ?'s [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Trigger ?'s

GeorgiaRedfish
01-26-2011, 21:26
1. Is there a downside with using a USGI Long trigger with a high quality ignition set, and do you think I would be happy with this setup? As opposed to an aluminum with a over-travel screw/stud such as a Harrison Design HD trigger.

2. Serrated vs smooth which do you prefer? I understand a serrated trigger can wear your skin off for long range sessions, but what would you prefer for a ccw/house gun.

3. I'm looking for a solid, black, and long trigger. I've heard some Aluminum triggers cracking, which is why I am considering getting a colt steel trigger, but are my aluminum worries founded?

4. I assume it his harder to fit a steel trigger, and I would have to get it recoated after fitting so I won't rust. Correct?

5. Thanks for the help in advance. This will not being going on my gold/platinum/pearl Taurus aka Perfection, but on my Springer GI.

Quack
01-26-2011, 21:42
1. make sure you have enough spring tension to prevent trigger bounce and there's not excessive overtravel

2. Up to you. Where is the serrated trigger rubbing you raw?

3. Non-issue

4. Don't know, guess it depends on the steel.

GeorgiaRedfish
01-26-2011, 21:47
1. make sure you have enough spring tension to prevent trigger bounce and there's not excessive overtravel

2. Up to you. Where is the serrated trigger rubbing you raw?

3. Non-issue

4. Don't know, guess it depends on the steel.
Thanks I would get a smith to install it since I am new to this and it would be my CCW. So I hope number 1 would be a non issue. 2. I never had a problem so that probably wasn't even worth asking. Thanks for the help. I don't see a purpose for a more expensive aluminum trigger, since I am carrying a fullsize 1911, the weight should be a non issue.

GeorgiaRedfish
01-26-2011, 22:11
Anyone know where to get one a long, black, steel, and serrated trigger? Colt doesn't list on their store.

Quack
01-26-2011, 22:12
Nope, think they are aluminum.

GeorgiaRedfish
01-26-2011, 22:17
Nope, think they are aluminum.
YA I searched all over and found nothing, looks like I'll call colt or go aluminum. Thanks Quack

GeorgiaRedfish
01-26-2011, 22:24
Ha, I can't find my perfect trigger so it will either be the STI long trigger, or the Harrison Design one. i have to pic serrated or solid.

polizei1
01-27-2011, 06:22
http://shop.harrisoncustom.com/products/97-hd-103-b-extreme-service-1911-trigger.aspx

http://shop.harrisoncustom.com/products/99-hd-103-n-extreme-service-1911-trigger.aspx

Stainless Steel bows and aluminium shoes.

brisk21
01-27-2011, 08:48
Im about to have a short gi style trigger installed on my TRP. I just don't like the long triggers, never really have. I get a more equal and balanced pull on a short trigger. I know it will help me shoot better. I'll probably go with the STI skeletonized short trigger. I don't really have a preference on serrated vs. smooth. I like them both.