HOGUE 12'' LOP stock owners [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : HOGUE 12'' LOP stock owners

dc2integra
01-26-2011, 23:25
How do you guys like this stock?im interested in purchasing one and would like to hear what you guys have to say about them.Thanks

Victoriagotagun
01-27-2011, 00:07
I have them on both of my 590A1's and most of my 870's. :supergrin:

Timjo1955
01-27-2011, 01:01
I really like it on my 870- easier to shoulder/work the pump than the standard LOP and much better recoil reduction than stock buttpad. I found it impossible to install( screw heads hidden and hard to find) so I had a gunsmith put it on. :wavey:

hogarth
01-27-2011, 05:58
I have one on my 590A1. I'm a small guy (5'5), so it's pretty much a necessity for me. I like it. And I had no trouble installing it....some olive oil on a screwdriver, fish around inside the butt pad for the screws, and it took me like 10 minutes to install.

PlasticGuy
01-27-2011, 23:21
I've got 12" Hogue stocks on both of my 590a1 shotties. I love them. Just like the above post, I put a little oil on the screwdriver and had the stocks on in 10-15 minutes.

gnasty1521
01-31-2011, 18:38
I had 2 small issues with it, but both are easily fixable.

1. LOP was well short of what I needed (2 inches is a lot), but I threw a Limbsaver Slip-On 1" LOP. Then it was perfect.

2. Had to change my thumb grip, as not to punch myself in the nose.

Other than these two small issues (nothing is perfect), it looks great, and the grip really helps.

Harold Mayo
02-07-2011, 23:43
Gotta have one on a 590A1 unless you're an ape.

speedsix
02-09-2011, 13:57
Why is it that Hogue makes a standard stock that is too long for most people and a 12" stock that is too short for most people but won't just make the standard stock an inch shorter so most of us can buy it and use it? Same thing for Mossberg. The factory Mossberg stock is too long and the short one is too short. Only Remington seems to know what they are doing. The factory Rem stock is perfect.

Remington makes better shotguns than Mossberg so I guess that is why they make better stocks. Hogue is normally pretty good but they decided to go with giant stock. Speedfeed did the same thing. I had one of their stocks and it was crazy long. I am not after a short LOP stock, just a normal stock for a human.

Johnnyvegas
02-10-2011, 02:53
[QUOTE=gnasty1521;16779698 Had to change my thumb grip, as not to punch myself in the nose.

[/QUOTE]

I am so glad I am not the only one!!!

The Hogue stock mod is awesome though!

John

MaximaDrvr
02-11-2011, 14:54
I had 2 small issues with it, but both are easily fixable.

2. Had to change my thumb grip, as not to punch myself in the nose.

Other than these two small issues (nothing is perfect), it looks great, and the grip really helps.

This is my experience. I'm considering going back to the original length stock, as this is too short for me. I bought this so the wife could shoot the 590 as well, but this may be too much. It might just require a separate shotgun for her, and then I'll keep mine for myself.
With the 12'' LOP, my nose pretty much sits on my thumb. It doesn't help that I have ape arms (really long compared to my body).

A friend of mine just cut his down with a saw. The holes for the screws are reasonably deep, so you can take about 3/4'' off of the factory stock and still attach the butt pad back on.

gnasty1521
02-11-2011, 21:29
I replaced mine with a Knoxx Stock. Mine will be for sale as soon as I can get it posted. Mostly because my wife hates recoil. I loved the look and it wasn't too bad for me, I just also prefer the pistol grip.

Ferdinandd
02-11-2011, 21:46
I've had one on an 870. I prefer a pistol grip stock, or a longer conventional stock at a minimum. I'm 5'10" and for a dress shirt take a 34/35 sleeve. I'm no ape, but the 12" puts my right hand too close to my face and causes it to be cocked at an uncomfortbly sharp angle. Your results/comfort will depend a lot on your relative frame dimensions. Try it before you buy it.

dc2integra
02-13-2011, 18:42
Yea thats a good idea im gonna try it out first.I am 6'0 205lbs the 12 inch buttstock might be to small for me.

MaximaDrvr
02-14-2011, 11:56
Here is a picture of the Hogue 12'' LOP stock compared to their regular overmold stock, and the factory stock.

the 12'' is too short for me. I'm 6' with long arms.

Top is Hogue Overmold standard length
On 590 is Hogue 12'' LOP
Bottom is factory standard
http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww83/MaximaDrvr/DSC05612.jpg

Bullman
02-16-2011, 20:55
I find it to be too short. I have one if you would like to try it. I believe in kindness and karma so I could make you a good deal on it, like shipping costs, if you are interested. It is scarred up from use and there is a chewed up place on the recoil pad, but free is free so if you are interested shoot me a pm.

OH, it is for a Mossberg, if you have a Remington, sorry about that.

dc2integra
02-18-2011, 22:42
I find it to be too short. I have one if you would like to try it. I believe in kindness and karma so I could make you a good deal on it, like shipping costs, if you are interested. It is scarred up from use and there is a chewed up place on the recoil pad, but free is free so if you are interested shoot me a pm.

OH, it is for a Mossberg, if you have a Remington, sorry about that.
wow thanks alot bullman . you sir are a good man.

Kevin08
02-19-2011, 01:04
I have one on my 590A1 and love it. Anyone can learn how to use it, no matter how tall/long your arms are. If you have to shoot in a squared stance, then that's what you have to do, but that's better for "tactical" purposes anyway.