hair removal question! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : hair removal question!

BabyTaz
01-27-2011, 18:48
Santa brought me an epilator for Christmas. It worked awesome the first time I used it, but now it seems to just be breaking most of the hairs off at the skin surface instead of actually pulling them out. Am I potentially doing something wrong, or what? It is still working fine on my armpits, it is just the legs that are an issue. If anyone has any experience with these things and has any Ideas for me, please help!

Thanks!

MrsKitty
01-28-2011, 15:46
Is it long enough for the coily thing to grip and yank out? Could it be too short and fine is why it's breaking off?

Does that hurt as bad as it sounds like it would??? :faint:

Zonny
01-28-2011, 20:56
<------has NO desire to have ANY hair ripped out by the roots. :scared:

BabyTaz
01-29-2011, 07:03
There was alot of cringing on the first use, but then it gets better. I will try letting them get longer next time. WAY less sticky and gross than wax!

PATRICE
01-29-2011, 11:52

Silent_Runner
01-29-2011, 11:59
Hhmmm....I'm just wondering where the men are??? They comment on every other thing in this darn forum...why not this one???'' :upeyes:

I'm wondering about the hairs' breaking off at the skin line; that seems to be a significant part of the puzzle. I had a couple of similar devices that were marketed under the name Epi-Lady, although it was widely referred to as "the Israeli torture device." One worked pretty good until it broke, the other had a different "spring/coil design" and it didn't work very well, so I went back to more conventional, less painfu,l methods of hair removal.

:wavey:Come one Guys...where are you? Tell us what the lady's problem is with her machine.--Patrice
Be careful what you wish for Patrice!:rofl:

PATRICE
01-29-2011, 15:06

MrsKitty
01-29-2011, 15:48
I had a couple of similar devices that were marketed under the name Epi-Lady, although it was widely referred to as "the Israeli torture device."

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

MrsKitty
01-29-2011, 15:49
<------has NO desire to have ANY hair ripped out by the roots. :scared:

I've had my eyebrows waxed since I was about 15. Today I no longer have to do a full wax that often, just clean them up a little and I'm good to go.

However, I would be lying if I said it hasn't made me cuss before. :embarassed:

Silent_Runner
01-31-2011, 11:58
Hhmmm....Yeah I know, but I figure they're going to do it anyway...so it doesn't hurt too much to egg them on a bit. [And besides, it occurs to me that maybe I've been to hard on the boys....Maybe we could all use a little manly advice on depilatory products & feminine hygiene....:rofl:]

Well, I do empathize with the thread's author. Fortunately (?), I'm getting to the age when just about any method I use is effective.

[I remember in my younger days, 24hrs after shaving my legs, it looked like someone clear-cut a forest (i.e., in terms of the stumps that were visible on the morning after)! :whistling: I'm afraid I didn't get much expression from my mother's N.A. genes (at least in terms of physical appearance). :dunno:Too much, in too many places--I actually did the electrolysis thing done (the real kind; regardless of how much the laser-people try to convince us---the laser depilatory treatments aren't permanent.]--Patrice :shoe:
:rofl::rofl:

So what age is that? I look forward to the day when hair removal actually lasts.

PATRICE
02-01-2011, 10:12

dorkweed
02-01-2011, 13:05
Ladies, there is a pretty good % of men out there that don't follow the "Hollywood" hairless chick thing. We're '60's guys that dig hair.........most everywhere.

If we wanted "hairless", we'd date 11 year olds.

PS....That last sentence was to make a point.....not advocate a lifestyle!!

SouthernGal
02-03-2011, 14:44
Santa brought me an epilator for Christmas. It worked awesome the first time I used it, but now it seems to just be breaking most of the hairs off at the skin surface instead of actually pulling them out. Am I potentially doing something wrong, or what? It is still working fine on my armpits, it is just the legs that are an issue. If anyone has any experience with these things and has any Ideas for me, please help!

Thanks!

I have lots of experience with these. I also know plenty about hot wax, cold wax and sugaring. I finally went hairless with laser hair removal.

The epilator I had for years required that hair be at least 1/8 inch long in order to work. I usually let it get just slightly longer than that. You will get used to what amount of pressure to use with the machine and get used to the unpleasantness of using it.

SouthernGal
02-03-2011, 14:46
Ladies, there is a pretty good % of men out there that don't follow the "Hollywood" hairless chick thing. We're '60's guys that dig hair.........most everywhere.

If we wanted "hairless", we'd date 11 year olds.

PS....That last sentence was to make a point.....not advocate a lifestyle!!

My SO was a man of the 80's and he's 100% into trimming it or making it all go away. YMMV, naturally. :supergrin:

dorkweed
02-04-2011, 10:07
My SO was a man of the 80's and he's 100% into trimming it or making it all go away. YMMV, naturally. :supergrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXqqynfqE_0

chris in va
02-20-2011, 12:15
Cracks me up. Women are perpetually trying to remove hair, men need more of it.

On a side note they just discovered the cause of male baldness.

PATRICE
02-20-2011, 18:12

BobInTX
02-21-2011, 13:08
Cracks me up. Women are perpetually trying to remove hair, men need more of it.

On a side note they just discovered the cause of male baldness.
I thought that was the cause of blindness. :whistling:

ChuteTheMall
02-25-2011, 19:01
Be careful what you wish for Patrice!

Women & machines?

:pms::nailbiting::scared::zipmouth::outtahere:

PATRICE
02-25-2011, 20:54

Lone_Wolfe
02-26-2011, 05:48
:stop: Hhmmm...is the poster male or female? It's somewhat difficult to tell from the profile....If this post was created by a woman, I believe that I would be significantly less uncomfortable than I am at present.--Patrice

I'm pretty sure he's a he, just a fan of Sarah Palin. :wavey:

PATRICE
02-26-2011, 07:12

Lone_Wolfe
02-26-2011, 09:06
Hello, Wolfe. Hhmmm...then I'm definitely uncomfortable with his post. I wouldn't quietly acquiesce to a comment like that from my spouse, much less from a stranger. {...and, if my spouse made too many such comments, it would be likely that someone's saddle would be sitting outside the door.]--Patrice

P.S. The Delta's operational again...the damage inflicted was far more minor than I initially thought. Interesting gun, recoil is not horrible---but for the first time in my life I was guilty of not using enough wrist.

Hiya Patrice. :wavey: Heh, you're right, that was an odd one. :dunno:

So what happened to the 10mm anyway? Glad you got it fixed, I know how bad you wanted it.

PATRICE
02-26-2011, 15:42

Lone_Wolfe
02-26-2011, 16:01
Hhmmm....I think I'm going to remain silent on that on that topic; it's bit too embarrassing, and was entirely my fault. I will say that it was not a ka-boom or anything related to a ND.

With re: to the offending post, I have to admit that I'm probably one of the most non-mechanical people I know. However, I know many women who have a real talent for machines, electronics, and other technical things. And with re: to the topic of this thread, I have a engineer friend (female) who developed a prototype for a needless electrolysis machine that could permanently clear an area a little bigger than the diameter of a broad ballpoint pen point. I participated in the field trials, until a legal dispute necessitated the machine's destruction. A pity, the process was painless, and was several times more efficient than the 1 follicle-at-a-time needle process --Patrice

OK, I can understand that. I'm glad it was fixable though, hope you're enjoying it.

That's too bad that had to be destroyed, I would have loved that. The painless part really appeals to me. Contrary to what some folks think of me, I'm a wimp and can't stand much pain. :embarassed:

BTW, I think you mean 'needleless', and not 'needless'. :wavey:

PATRICE
02-26-2011, 16:15

Lone_Wolfe
02-26-2011, 16:21
...oops, I'll edit that....

And now you know the reason I have to edit so many of my own posts. :supergrin:

PATRICE
02-26-2011, 16:22

Lone_Wolfe
02-26-2011, 16:29
oops...double post....I'm quitting for the evening while I'm ahead. [or at least not that far behind]

Oh that's what it was. And I thought the meds were getting to me!!! :rofl: :rofl:

G'Nite! :wavey: