Great Deal: Streamlight TLR-1S 84.99! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Great Deal: Streamlight TLR-1S 84.99!

MrV
01-28-2011, 11:57
Hey guys, I've been in the market for a tac light to go on my G21 for home defense. I came upon this deal and figured that it was a great find and was worth of a thread.

http://www.ombexpress.com/p_FL779.aspx

These guys have excellent customer reviews and plenty of advocates. If you order 89.99 you get free FedEx shipping. I order two end plugs for my glocks and checked out with a 93 dollar total and free shipping. They should all be here early next week.

Basically you get the TLR-1S, which is the strobe model, for the price of the regular TLR-1 and free shipping. Figured I'd share the find!

wtf0ver
01-28-2011, 12:41
Thanks for posting this. I'm ordering one now. Very good deal!

Captains1911
01-28-2011, 12:58
God Damnit! i just bought one last week for $110 +shipping, why does that always happen:steamed:

dtd80
01-28-2011, 13:41
Definitely a great deal. I ordered last night.

maxvelox03
01-28-2011, 13:44
Good find, thanks for sharing. I've been eyeing this light for a while

JRS
01-28-2011, 13:46
Do the streamlights snap on/off or do I have to screw it on/off each time?

1-2man
01-28-2011, 13:48
Great deal but the total comes up with $8.99for shipping???

reminiz
01-28-2011, 13:50
Great deal but the total comes up with $8.99for shipping???

lol yea, but if you order anything over $89.99 you get free shipping.

thanks for the heads up.

1-2man
01-28-2011, 13:53
lol yea, but if you order anything over $89.99 you get free shipping.

thanks for the heads up.

Screw it. I ordered it anyway. Couldn't find anything else I needed to get over the hump. :supergrin:

JRS
01-28-2011, 13:55
Screw it. I ordered it anyway. Couldn't find anything else I needed to get over the hump. :supergrin:

You could have ordered extra batteries for it....

1-2man
01-28-2011, 13:56
You could have ordered extra batteries for it....

I've got batteries coming out of my ears. lol

dtd80
01-28-2011, 13:57

It's kinda half way. Once you find the correct adapter and screw the bolt through, you can remove by unscrewing the bolt some and pushing down to release the clamp. To install, you would push down on the bolt, slide it on, release, then screw/tighten down the bolt. It is NOT like the glock light but simple enough that it's hard to beat at this price.

And it looks good too.

Palmguy
01-28-2011, 13:58

You have to screw it on and off.

TSAX
01-28-2011, 14:12
This is a good deal they normally run about $100 to $120

MrV
01-28-2011, 14:39
Check out the clearance items if your need help finding an item putting you over the 89.99 hump. There is no sense in paying for nothing when you can atleast get something for less than what shipping would cost otherwise.

tx787
01-28-2011, 14:44
I really like this light, it's on my avatar, much brighter than the Glock one.

JRS
01-28-2011, 14:58
I really like this light, it's on my avatar, much brighter than the Glock one.

So is a candle. I don't see how that's a selling point. It is a good deal, but I'm still not sure it's worth $85 to me.

woodrowNC
01-28-2011, 15:07
Hey guys, I've been in the market for a tac light to go on my G21 for home defense. I came upon this deal and figured that it was a great find and was worth of a thread.

These guys have excellent customer reviews and plenty of advocates. If you order 89.99 you get free FedEx shipping. I order two end plugs for my glocks and checked out with a 93 dollar total and free shipping. They should all be here early next week.

Basically you get the TLR-1S, which is the strobe model, for the price of the regular TLR-1 and free shipping. Figured I'd share the find!

good deal. i gave 115 for the exact model for a g30sf. stays on the nitestand. perfect for the home environment. i want to identify what i'm about to perferate. good on you. and like the other guy said, "never happens to me". uh, and unload your pistol and look at it. you wont see crap for awhile. works great.

Never Nervous
01-28-2011, 20:46
Thanks Mr.V. That will go good on my G21SF. Ordered it this afternoon.:thumbsup:

cowboy1964
01-28-2011, 20:51
Great deal. Bought mine for a little over $100 with shipping and I thought that was good.

It came with the Glock key pre-installed but interestingly it fits my guns with Picatinny rails too. No need to change out the key.

TangoFoxtrot
01-29-2011, 03:47
Yep got one too last year for $80. Great light.

Slayer
01-29-2011, 04:41
I might be ordering one today after I get back from the gun show. I decided to hold off from ordering last night just in case I find something I have to have today.

Melissa5
01-29-2011, 05:14
Thanks! My G30SF will now have a light on it and extra batteries to get free shipping.

MrV
01-30-2011, 08:37
Bump to help others.

Captains1911
01-30-2011, 08:45
So is a candle. I don't see how that's a selling point. It is a good deal, but I'm still not sure it's worth $85 to me.

In my experience it's well worth $85. I've tried quite few lights, ranging from the crappy Glock Tac Light to a Surefire X300. I would recommend the Streamlight TLR-1s to anybody looking for a handgun light. Buy with confidence.

mullin
01-30-2011, 14:02
I had just purchased the TLR-1 (no S) last week for $104 from Amazon. But this deal was so good that I'm getting the TLR-1S and returning the Amazon purchase under their 30-day no questions asked policy.

Thanks for the great tip!

toddmog
01-30-2011, 15:12
The only thing that I don't like about OMB is that I live 30 mins from there and whenever I go in there, I come out with less money. I literally spent all the money I got for Christmas there.

Chowser
01-30-2011, 19:08
wow. nice deal. i'm gonna tell some of the guys that's been trying to buy taclights. i don't care much for the easy slide on off, during swat practice, we had a guy's insight procyon fly off his gun during a shoot. seems the release lever got bumped during a gun grab session and the second he fired a round, it flew off. proper use for a tac light imo is to keep it screwed on tight. there is no need to constantly take it on and off all the time. get a proper holster designed to carry it on the gun at all times.

when we first started carrying tac lights, i cringed everytime i saw someone putting the light on the gun (they were just pointing the gun every which way). now, policy states if you want a tac light, you will keep it on the gun at all times and have a holster for the gun/light together. also, in the field, there will be no removing your tac light to use as a flashlight. we give you a flashlight in the car and you should keep a small one on you anyway. also i had to write a new policy this year telling the morons that they are not supposed to use their taclights as flashlights on traffic stops. unless you plan on shooting someone in the car, don't pull out your gun.

morons....

and these are the guys i am depending on to watch my back.

mullin
01-30-2011, 20:03
i don't care much for the easy slide on off, during swat practice, we had a guy's insight procyon fly off his gun during a shoot.
I have a TLR-1 on my G17 . . . I screwed it on firmly using a quarter and can vouch that it is on firmly and will not accidentally come off. To remove it, one would have to loosen the set screw with a quarter (or screwdriver), then press on the set screw to release the flashlight mount from the gun.

crsuribe
01-30-2011, 20:11
I need quick help here...

Are these the batteries for that TLR-1S? I've been looking for a pistol light for a while now but holy crap I can't let this pass. Please tell me if these are the batteries so I can qualify for free shipping and place my order right away.

jmp9982
01-30-2011, 20:18
bought the tlr1s and a box of 9mm for $99 shipped to my door, great deal, thanks.

crsuribe
01-30-2011, 20:26
Oh well I placed the order. If those aren't the batteries I guess I'll sell them or something.

Jackalo626
01-30-2011, 20:27
Great deal. I have had the TLR-1 for a couple years and love it. Stays on my pistol on nightstand.

Never Nervous
01-30-2011, 21:44
I read on another thread that changing batteries in the Streamlights are sometimes difficult. Has anyone experienced this?

NN

Chowser
01-30-2011, 22:22
I had the TLR-1 for years before I switched to the TLR-1 C4 and I never had problems changing the batteries.

crsuribe
01-30-2011, 23:25
Jesus I'm so silly! I forgot the link...

OK are THESE the batteries for this light? I ordered 2 sets of these along with the light in order to qualify for the free shipping. I hope they're the right ones, but if they're not please tell me so I can change my order!

http://www.ombexpress.com/p_BY028.aspx

Chowser
01-31-2011, 00:23
http://www.ombexpress.com/p_BY028.aspx

I was gonna ask :)

Yes, those will work.

I usually buy the 123a batteries in bulk from all-battery.com 50 for $50 or so.

Captains1911
01-31-2011, 07:01
wow. nice deal. i'm gonna tell some of the guys that's been trying to buy taclights. i don't care much for the easy slide on off, during swat practice, we had a guy's insight procyon fly off his gun during a shoot. seems the release lever got bumped during a gun grab session and the second he fired a round, it flew off. proper use for a tac light imo is to keep it screwed on tight. there is no need to constantly take it on and off all the time. get a proper holster designed to carry it on the gun at all times.

when we first started carrying tac lights, i cringed everytime i saw someone putting the light on the gun (they were just pointing the gun every which way). now, policy states if you want a tac light, you will keep it on the gun at all times and have a holster for the gun/light together. also, in the field, there will be no removing your tac light to use as a flashlight. we give you a flashlight in the car and you should keep a small one on you anyway. also i had to write a new policy this year telling the morons that they are not supposed to use their taclights as flashlights on traffic stops. unless you plan on shooting someone in the car, don't pull out your gun.

morons....

The Glock Tac Light would not stay on my G23, it would fly off the front every few rounds, and I wasn't touching it. The Streamlight mounts in way that this should never happen.

Njanear
01-31-2011, 08:42

Thank you for the link - at that price, I had to jump on board. Ordered some extra batteries and will now have a light to put on a bedside gun. I nearly sprung for a Glock light a few weeks back ($75 plus tax) but held off - now I am glad I did.

mullin
01-31-2011, 15:20
I just talked to OMB . . . they shipped my order less than 24 hours after I made my (Sunday) order. Outstanding!!

onebadaxe
01-31-2011, 15:21
Great Deal!

MrV
01-31-2011, 15:31
Mine was shipped today also, I ordered mine late Friday. The lady said they were expecting a huge snow storm and to expect shipping delays (fedex). Just thought I would give everyone a heads up!

crsuribe
01-31-2011, 15:40
Talked to them aswell. she told me about the snow storm too. Really nice person on the phone. Great service, great prices! She also said they had gotten 600 of those and now they got less than 100. I was like well with those prices yeah, that figures!

Thanks a lot for posting this MrV. I was gonna wait a few months to buy the regular TLR-1 at cabelas for $100, or find a used one here for around $80. Now I'm gonna have the Strobe model with 160lumen output, brand new and for only $85 bucks! SWEET! Thanks a lot!!

MrV
01-31-2011, 17:11
I'm just happy I found this deal quick enough to help everyone out!

I'll post pictures of my light installed as soon as it arrives. :woohoo:

greenlead
01-31-2011, 18:40
Order placed. TLR-1 plus rescue sheers.

timtx1
01-31-2011, 19:48
Thanks. I placed my order today. I was debating between this one and the Insight WX150. But, for this price it seems like a winner.

pbs357
01-31-2011, 20:06
Order placed, thanks a bunch for the tip!

mullin
02-01-2011, 06:24
The following applies to the TLR-1 and I'm fairly sure to the TLR-1S also:

My one complaint is the instruction manual which gives VERY poor and unclear directions on opening the battery door. When first released, the battery release lever stops at about 90 degrees and doesn't appear to want to go back further. The trick is to rotate the lever firmly back 180 degrees which makes the door toggle open.

Streamlight did a poor job explaining this process, but follow the above instructions and the battery door will open easily.

firemedic1343
02-01-2011, 07:27
Thanks OP, I'm in for 1. I'm getting a Glock 20 as a woods gun and this will come in handy. I appreciate it.

MNBud
02-01-2011, 09:17
The following applies to the TLR-1 and I'm fairly sure to the TLR-1S also:

My one complaint is the instruction manual which gives VERY poor and unclear directions on opening the battery door. When first released, the battery release lever stops at about 90 degrees and doesn't appear to want to go back further. The trick is to rotate the lever firmly back 180 degrees which makes the door toggle open and releases the door.

Streamlight did a poor job explaining this process, but follow the above instructions and the battery door will open easily.
Thanks for this heads up,I was concerned when someone posted there was an issue with changing batteries. Tuesday morning and I just placed my order, batteries out of stock so they went to back order.

MKG23
02-01-2011, 15:20
Just ordered two of them along with 2 packs of extra batteries. Awesome deal with free shipping. The girl I talked to on the phone said that nothing was shipping today because of the storm. Oh well, I told her I could wait.

Aaron1100us
02-02-2011, 01:40
Just got mine today, nice light

firemedic1343
02-02-2011, 09:03
Anyone have any suggestions on an inexpensive and nice IWB that will work with this and a Glock 21 or 20?

crsuribe
02-02-2011, 09:57
Mine came in early this morning!

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee56/crsuribe/SDC14816.jpg

Woo hoo! I'm really happy with it. It's bright as hell. Only thing is that the Strobe mode is kinda hard to activate. You have to get it just right and it takes some practice. But I don't care about that feature a whole lot anyway.

Njanear
02-02-2011, 15:38
Mine got here today too. I bolted it up to my G22 and tried it out - pretty darn bright! Now to take it to the range and try it out.

MrV
02-02-2011, 18:32
I didn't get mine yet. Tracking information from Fedex hasn't updated since the 31st. :(

It's scheduled to come tomorrow but I'm not holding my breath.

Looks good on that hand cannon brother! Smack the switch all the way down and hard for the strobe. I think it's a GREAT feature...you know what they say, "the best weapon is the one you never have to use". (obviously I understand turning on the light is using it, gimmie a break)

firemedic1343
02-05-2011, 22:25
I agree with you completely regarding keeping it on at all times. I just don't know where to get a holster that fits. I want to put it on a G20/G21 and carry IWB.

Raven is awesome, but the wait is looooong. Any suggestions?

morons....

Civilian sheep Dog
02-06-2011, 16:27
Nice find! thanks for sharing. I didn't really need to drop anymore money on my guns but this was to good to pass up.

Aaron1100us
02-07-2011, 00:21
I ordered the Comp-Tac C-Tac holster for my G22 and TLR-1S. Just list your gun and what light, streamlight or surefire.

crsuribe
02-07-2011, 01:53
I'm gonna make my own IWB holster for it. Or attempt to..lol. But I've been carrying it in a shoulder holster, which works pretty well.

MKG23
02-07-2011, 15:19
Got my two TLR-1's and extra batteries. What a great deal this was. Now I think I'm gonna have to buy something new to put the second one on.:supergrin:

MNBud
02-07-2011, 23:20
I found a couple of spots for my new light,nice that it is so easy to move back and forth.
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a270/MNBud/ISSCM22.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a270/MNBud/Glock30.jpg

Search
02-07-2011, 23:28
Had one on my duty gun since last summer. Really got to use the hell out of it one night in the county looking for a fugitive in the sticks. It's a pretty tough light. It's gone through over a 1000 rounds and still works fine.

You might find that when it's in constant mode recoil might turn it off. That might be my paddle getting loose over time though.

Fwdftw
02-12-2011, 19:01
sold out :(

MrV
02-12-2011, 20:03
Sold out? I should have got commission! hahah...But in all reality, I'm just glad I was able to help so many of you out.

coorsleftfield
02-14-2011, 16:39
I ordered one, even though it said sold out on their website, and just got a confirmation that they shipped it..

Fwdftw
02-14-2011, 19:24
I'll try that then