Meprolight sight help [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Meprolight sight help

rchkthfm
01-28-2011, 17:02
I bought a used G-19 that has Meprolight ML 10224 sights on it. The problem is that the sight picture is too tight for my eyesight. There is very little light on both sides of the front sight. I find myself hunting for the front sight. The front sight is .160" and the rear sight is .138" Is there a rear sight with a wider notch. Any thoughts or ideas how to address this??

Thanks

John W in SC
01-28-2011, 17:10
I replaced the Meprolites on my G-19 with Trijicons. The rear notch was wider and the front blade narrower, for more daylight on either side of the sight picture.

John W in SC

RayB
01-28-2011, 18:45
I bought a used G-19 that has Meprolight ML 10224 sights on it. The problem is that the sight picture is too tight for my eyesight. There is very little light on both sides of the front sight. I find myself hunting for the front sight. The front sight is .160" and the rear sight is .138" Is there a rear sight with a wider notch. Any thoughts or ideas how to address this??

Thanks

John's right on about the Trijicon Vs Meprolight sight picture...

Still, you may be able to purchase just a rear sight, from AmeriGlo say, and get the results you're looking for...

http://ameriglo.com/

...just contact them for guidance! ;)

Let us know how it goes! :wavey:

--Ray

P.S. Search these threads for a 20% AmeriGlo discount code! :thumbsup:

DJ Niner
01-28-2011, 23:30

ThanksI had the same problem with the same sights. I solved it by very carefully removing some metal from each side of the rear sight notch with a blind-edged needle file (and a lot of patience). After the filing, I touched-up the sight with some cold blue, and it looks and works just fine. The most difficult part is removing the same amount of metal from both sides of the notch, so the 3-dot sight picture and the post-and-notch sight picture both still put bullets on the same aiming point.

A gunsmith might be able to do it for you, but the price might exceed what a new sight would cost. I did it myself primarily because I knew exactly what I wanted, I already had the tools, and I'm "frugal." :supergrin:

Wash-ar15
01-28-2011, 23:49
Change them out to Ameriglo operators. The FS on them is thinner

http://www.ameriglo.net/catalog/sights/pistol-sights/glock/night-sights/complete-sets