Philadelphia: Night Sight Installation Help Wanted [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Philadelphia: Night Sight Installation Help Wanted

MrV
01-30-2011, 13:12
Hey guys, I recently purchased a set of Meps off of a forum member and I'd like to install them myself...but I don't have the tools. If there is anyone in the Philadelphia area who has the tools and loctite to help me out with a quick install you would be handsomely rewarded.

With what you might ask? Well...I happen to have a 6-pack of Troegs Nugget Nectar with your name on it. Not a beer drinker? Well how's throwing back a few glasses of some fine Basil Hayden bourbon sound? :drink:

I could do it myself with a screw driver...I realize that, but I don't want to risk cracking one of the viles so a sight pusher is preferred.

Thanks for looking.

Jim S.
01-30-2011, 13:19
Well, I wish I was in your area.
I would help you out for a chance to share some fine bourbon with you.
I hope someone takes you up on it.
Probably take me about ten hours to get there.
A little too far to drive after fine bourbon. :)

MrV
01-30-2011, 17:18
Haha, well anytime you up in this state your welcome to a glass or two of something nice from my collection. I appreciate you even posting to spread good will to a fellow glocker!

PaLEOjd
01-30-2011, 17:37
If you were closer I would help you out, I have the right tools but I am north of Harrisburg.

MrV
01-30-2011, 17:51
Damn, I'm originally from a small town outside of Harrisburg called Dauphin. I'm a grad student out here in Philly though...This hammer and small screw driver that could serve as a makeshift drift is looking tempting...

Chowser
01-30-2011, 19:32
not going towards philly anytime soon (relatives all moved out) but if you're going to cleveland or through it, lmk, i'll install them for you. no charge.

MrV
01-31-2011, 18:27
Thank you for the offer Chowser! Unfortunately I'm stuck here. :(

fmfdocglock
01-31-2011, 18:33
Who is the kitty mad at? It has its paw on the trigger.

MrV
01-31-2011, 19:21
Who is the kitty mad at? It has its paw on the trigger.

Hahah she's a scaredy cat, it's her nervious reaction.

KWT
01-31-2011, 20:26
I have a sight tool and travel to philly a lot. PM me.

Maxwell
02-23-2011, 20:37
There is someone local to you I know will do the job while you wait. I'll PM you with the phone number and name.

Maxwell

gh0st614
02-24-2011, 12:54
Damn, I'm originally from a small town outside of Harrisburg called Dauphin. I'm a grad student out here in Philly though...This hammer and small screw driver that could serve as a makeshift drift is looking tempting...

Dont do it, you will marr the **** out of your sight, My rear sight has a wicked nick in the bottom of it. I was using cardboard between the steel punch and the sight and the cardboard failed and I never even got the sight in.

Im off to buy a vise and a brass punch today to get the job done. The vise seems to be the important part :)

dgg9
02-24-2011, 14:04
Hey guys, I recently purchased a set of Meps off of a forum member and I'd like to install them myself...but I don't have the tools. If there is anyone in the Philadelphia area who has the tools and loctite to help me out with a quick install you would be handsomely rewarded.

If you're a Philadelphia Archery and Gun member, they'll do it for nothing. If not a member, they'll do it for a pretty nominal fee.

MrV
02-24-2011, 20:20
Thanks for all the advice and help guys! Unfortunately...I created this thread about a month ago...and a few days after posting I installed my night sights with nothing more than a dish towel(damage protection), a hammer, a wooden spoon (drift), and the ledge between my carpet and hardwood floors(vice).

Turned out great...on both of my glocks. Dead center precise, absolutely no damage or marks.

http://i56.tinypic.com/xkzjol.jpg