How did you secure your unwieldy Laser/Light pressure switches? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : How did you secure your unwieldy Laser/Light pressure switches?

JokerOne
01-30-2011, 13:28
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
I attached a UTG laser/light combo to my M590A1. Great, but with two pressure switches, the wiring is a mess.
Since this is on a pump shotgun, and the trigger hand is already busy with the trigger, safety, and release, that leaves the pumping hand.
The logical placement to me would be on the slide handle. What did you use, Velcro? How and where did you secure the wiring?
Thanks

http://www.leapers.com/prod_detail.php?mitem=flash&level1=&level2=&itemno=TL-PSLS268&status=&mtrack=m

JokerOne
01-30-2011, 20:21
I used some velcro for the buttons and velcro straps to manage the wires. not great, but ok.

any other suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks

Victoriagotagun
01-30-2011, 20:34
any other suggestions would be appreciated.

My suggestion would be to get rid of the UTG laser/light and go with a quality light. UTG is an airsoft manufacture.

MrMurphy
01-30-2011, 23:54
Simple, don't use pressure switches unless they're built into a Surefire fore-end.

Scattergun1187
01-31-2011, 07:14
Velcro.

JokerOne
01-31-2011, 09:21
The velcro seems to work well, and saved me a lot of of $$$.

JokerOne
01-31-2011, 09:23
Simple, don't use pressure switches unless they're built into a Surefire fore-end.

thanks, but not so simple.

That addresses the light, but not the laser, and cancels out using a bayonet, not to mention its half the cost of the shotgun itself.

BBJones
01-31-2011, 11:48
That addresses the light, but not the laser, and cancels out using a bayonet, not to mention its half the cost of the shotgun itself.

Are you serious?

MrMurphy
01-31-2011, 11:50
UTG=Airsoft.

Bayonet= you must be on crack, unless you're on riot suppression duty at an embassy.

Get a Surefire, get some training and stop wasting our time.

JokerOne
01-31-2011, 11:57
Are you serious?

massad ayoob claims that studies show that people are more
Intimidated by a pointed weapon than a gun. If I can persuade someone not to attack based on a sharp object, rather than filling them full of holes, Iíll do so.

JokerOne
01-31-2011, 11:58
UTG=Airsoft.

Bayonet= you must be on crack, unless you're on riot suppression duty at an embassy.

Get a Surefire, get some training and stop wasting our time.

Sorry, didn’t mean to waste your time. Your crown of the boy with the most expensive toy in the closet remains intact.

A simple, I have no idea how to secure the wiring would have sufficed.

JokerOne
01-31-2011, 12:19
My suggestion would be to get rid of the UTG laser/light and go with a quality light. UTG is an airsoft manufacture.

thanks.

I bought it based on the feedback of a few different websites. people claimed to have used it on Shotguns without issue. In fact it had a higher rating than some of the uber-expensive alternatives mentioned above.

So far it works fine.

I appreciate the comments.

JokerOne
01-31-2011, 12:45
Velcro.

thanks scattergun.

jms123
01-31-2011, 13:44
I used double sided tape.
So far so good

JokerOne
01-31-2011, 13:58
I used double sided tape.
So far so good

thanks! The velcro strips and sticky velcro seems to work fine. If the pump was an automatic then I could figure something else out more easily. Since the area where the switches reside has to move, it makes the wiring more cumbersome. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

As far as the quality goes, I havenít had any issues with it. Its 1/6 the price of the brand mentioned above yet addresses all my requirements. Is a Mercedes Benz better than a Kia? Probably, but Kia has a 60,000 mile warranty and a Benz only has a 50,000 mile one.. :supergrin:

MrMurphy
01-31-2011, 14:01
I don't own a Surefire fore-end. At the moment, i don't even own a shotgun. They make the product for a reason, because it works. Yes, it's expensive. But using a POS Airsoft product on a dedicated fighting gun is like running cheap tires in NASCAR.

Nothing will really truly secure stuff to a pump since it has to move. Velcro works well enough as do heavy rubber bands. But if you ever do move through a building with it, expect to lose the band/velcro, as well as possibly the tape switch and the entire light if it gets caught. I've killed 6-8 tape switches for a PEQ2 or a IR laser aimer for an M203 quadrant sight doing the same thing. If you have to use a tapeswitch, the integrated fore-end is the way to go.

Otherwise, a Ergo rail or Surefire rail with a solid mount and a G2 LED or new G2X would work well inexpensively.