Azoom Snap Caps [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Azoom Snap Caps

zagzig
01-30-2011, 19:16
I picked up my 930 SPX earlier this week, but haven't had the time to take it to the range yet. I picked up some Azoom snap caps a few days ago and I'm finding that they are failing to eject from time to time. I can load one into the chamber, pull the bolt back just enough to see if the extractor grabbed the shell, send the bolt home and repeat.....half the time it does not grab. Right now I'm not too concerned as live ammo seems to cycle just fine, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

aippi
01-30-2011, 19:57
Those are fine for single shot and of course double barrel shotguns but do not function well in others and will not extract. That is not what they are made for. 12ga Dummy shells as sold by Brownells is what you need to function test your weapon with. These are built on regular high brass shells and even have regluar 00 buck shot in them so they are the correct weight. They load and extact like a live shell. If you want to test for firing pin strike simply put a small piece of masking tape over the dummy and a small hole in the tape will indicate positive strike of the firing pin.

zagzig
01-30-2011, 21:34
Well that's good to know, even though I wish I would have known that sooner. If I can't return them I'm planning to machine them down and attach the brass from a spent shell. Thanks!

mdfd
01-31-2011, 11:32
Hey zagzig - mind if I ask where you got yours from? Is it the pistol grip version or standard stock? I've been looking for a PG version with no luck....

zagzig
01-31-2011, 12:52
I had a dealer in Naperville, IL order one for me. Cost me $602 out the door. It is not the pistol grip version. From what I hear, the pistol grip versions are hard to come across at the moment. Let me know if you want his info.

I opted not to get the pistol grip version due to the safety being located on the tang. The location of the safety does not really work with having a pistol grip. The pistol grip looks cool, but you'll have to release you're grip to operate the safety.

mdfd
01-31-2011, 14:00
I had a dealer in Naperville, IL order one for me. Cost me $602 out the door. It is not the pistol grip version. From what I hear, the pistol grip versions are hard to come across at the moment. Let me know if you want his info.

PM sent - thanks!

zagzig
01-31-2011, 20:25
You have mail. Good luck!

RonboF117
02-01-2011, 20:47
Those are fine for single shot and of course double barrel shotguns but do not function well in others and will not extract. That is not what they are made for. 12ga Dummy shells as sold by Brownells is what you need to function test your weapon with. These are built on regular high brass shells and even have regular 00 buck shot in them so they are the correct weight. They load and extract like a live shell. If you want to test for firing pin strike simply put a small piece of masking tape over the dummy and a small hole in the tape will indicate positive strike of the firing pin.

JD, once again you provide great info and "tricks of the trade", thanks!