bought a Para g i expert..very unhappy [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : bought a Para g i expert..very unhappy

cfec2008
01-31-2011, 17:31
I bought a Para G.I. Expert this weekend at a gunshow. Got it home and put 100 rounds through it. Had many failure to feed properly with multiple mags and the trigger did not reset probably 10 times. That night I cleaned it and put about 70 more rounds through it. Same result. What are yalls thoughts about these problems and what should i do about it? thanks for the help...I definatly need it.

grecco
01-31-2011, 17:34
Contact para.

rsxr22
01-31-2011, 17:39
I would also call their CS and get it taken care of.

zhix
01-31-2011, 17:40
Contact para.

Good Luck.

I hope your experience is better than mine. The ejector pin sheared on mine at under 250 rounds and it took many phone calls and about 4 months before I had the gun and my shipping costs back, to give you the short version.

I'm sending you a PM on who you can contact at Para that might help you.

bac1023
01-31-2011, 18:30
It needs to go back to Para.

I'm not much of a Para fan, but mine has been trouble free so far.

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr97/briancut1023/000_2488.jpg

cfec2008
01-31-2011, 19:48
thanks for the fast answers. I allready called Para twice today and didnt get ahold of anyone. I did leave them two voicemails and heard nothing back. I feel like someone hit me in the head got out my wallet and stole money from me lol. Im expecting them to be hard to deal with and it makes me furious just to think about it. ughhh I should have got a springfield gi. at least cs is good. I got this gun to customize it the way i wanted. A LEARNING 1911 experiance. but this is so junky i cant help but send it back. What a waste of my money.

glock2740
01-31-2011, 20:30
Sorry to hear about that. Hope they make it right for ya.

ctfireman
01-31-2011, 20:39
Depending on what you paid, try & get out of it.

rsxr22
01-31-2011, 20:45
I would try to demand your money back. MOstly likely it wont work, but its worth a shot. If not, get the gun serviced, and tell them you want it replaced not fixed and then maybe your store will credit you back what you paid in exchange for the NIB pistol. If they just fix your used gun though and you try and trade it in on something else, there going to have to make money on the Para and the new gun that you purchase.

youngAR
01-31-2011, 21:56
Shoulda gotta a Springfield or Colt:couch:

J/K. Good luck getting it fixed.

cfec2008
01-31-2011, 22:03
makes me want to puke...anybody want to buy a para from me lol...ha..its for sale:rofl:

AZ Husker
02-01-2011, 00:30
What DOES Canada make right?

Fifty Thousand
02-01-2011, 00:55
Crown Royal Whisky? Its from canada

COLDSTEEL165
02-01-2011, 01:01
I don't know what you paid for that 1911 gun, but you should of gone with the S & W 1911 pistol as it lists for apx $ 830.00 & is a great 1911 pistol.:dunno:

panzer1
02-01-2011, 03:08
thanks for the fast answers. I allready called Para twice today and didnt get ahold of anyone. I did leave them two voicemails and heard nothing back. I feel like someone hit me in the head got out my wallet and stole money from me lol. Im expecting them to be hard to deal with and it makes me furious just to think about it. ughhh I should have got a springfield gi. at least cs is good. I got this gun to customize it the way i wanted. A LEARNING 1911 experiance. but this is so junky i cant help but send it back. What a waste of my money.I am sorry to tell you this but para sucks big time!! I had a tac-four LDA that was a POS right out of the box! To much to tell here. It went back to them six(yes 6) times & it was always "the ammo,the shooter,etc,etc. The last time I got it back it came back looking like hell gun power & oil all over it. I cleaned it up took it to the range shot it. Had about 6-7 FTF's in fifty rounds(the best this gun ever ran). I cleaned & oiled it & took it to a gunshow & traded it for a CZ SPO1 TAC. Told the guy it had some FTF on some ammo but he said he could make money on it. He had that CZ for two years so we wanted to get rid of it.It was 4 years of hell with that so called gun!! The only gun I ever had that I ever had problems with & they where from day one!!! Hope you do better? I would bypass them a-holes & ask for someone to get a call tag. That's what I did after I payed to send it back two times. I would never NEVER buy a para anything EVER AGAIN!!!! If they could not fix it then they should have replace it with a new one. Thank God I never got the tac-five or the G I because I would most likely done. Bad right out of the box. POS!!! Good luck! you will need it.

ArmoryDoc
02-01-2011, 07:43
I bought a Para G.I. Expert this weekend at a gunshow. Got it home and put 100 rounds through it. Had many failure to feed properly with multiple mags and the trigger did not reset probably 10 times. That night I cleaned it and put about 70 more rounds through it. Same result. What are yalls thoughts about these problems and what should i do about it? thanks for the help...I definatly need it.

Not to be flip but, sell the thing and use your funds to buy a good 1911. Research your interests before you buy. :wavey:

GeorgiaRedfish
02-01-2011, 07:52
Springer GI the best CS I've experienced. Got mine for 400. I'm sure you can flip it

woodrowNC
02-01-2011, 14:51
What DOES Canada make right?

i think i read somewhere they moved operations to NC now. could be wrong. but it's obviously the same pos.

i saw a show on Make It Bigger. they build awesome dams up there.:supergrin:

Quack
02-01-2011, 15:00
Para-usa is in NC. Operations moved the a while ago.

The 1911...making gunsmiths out of shooters for the last 100 years.

nastytrigger
02-01-2011, 15:45
The 1911...making gunsmiths out of shooters for the last 100 years.

Yup. But I must admit, it's been fun no matter what it's put me through :supergrin:

PlayboyPenguin
02-01-2011, 15:48
That does suck under the best of circumstances. It really sucks when a gun is not cheap and does that. I am not a big Para fan but both I have owned functioned very well. I would send that sucker in for some fix'n. :)

cfec2008
02-01-2011, 16:34
I just want to say that I HATE PARA ORDNANCE. I called them again today and only got more voicemails. Please dont waste your time or your money and buy a para. Dont give those people your business at all. Im pleading with you to please give your business somewhere else. and tell your friends too. and then their friends and tell them to tell their friends. Im thinking about joining other forums just to tell everyone how back para sucks. If you belong to other forums please help me spread the word that a purchase from para is like burning your money.

Jim S.
02-02-2011, 08:34
What kind of ammunition were you using?
A out of adjustment extractor will cause failures to feed and if the slide does not go back into battery fully the trigger will not "Reset" (even though that is not the correct terminology).
That can also be attributed to a bad extractor.
Most problems of this nature can be corrected fairly easily and I would give them a chance to fix it for you before I give up all hope.
Don't panic just yet.

cfec2008
02-02-2011, 16:39
What kind of ammunition were you using?
A out of adjustment extractor will cause failures to feed and if the slide does not go back into battery fully the trigger will not "Reset" (even though that is not the correct terminology).
That can also be attributed to a bad extractor.
Most problems of this nature can be corrected fairly easily and I would give them a chance to fix it for you before I give up all hope.
Don't panic just yet.

I would like them to fix it but I have called them three days in a row with nothing but viocemails to answer my calls. and they dont return vmails either.

Gutpile
02-02-2011, 16:46
Thats too bad. I'm surprised companies still behave that way.

R0CKETMAN
02-02-2011, 16:48
Get it repaired and get rid of it.

thecableguy
02-02-2011, 17:17
Get it repaired and get rid of it.

:agree:

Uncle T-bone
02-02-2011, 17:59
Yep, get rid of it, eh? I never had a problem with mine, but traded it several years ago for a Glock 21SF.

I just left a message on the Para website, telling them they had an unhappy customer on GT and their customer service was unresponsive. I chuckled after I hit the submit button and it said someone would get back to me shortly about my enquiry. Yeah, right! :rofl:

craig19
02-02-2011, 20:35
Almost bought one at a gunshow over the summer, glad I passed on it.

Buzzo
02-02-2011, 22:42
I bought a Para Warthog a few years ago. When I saw it, I had to have it. I loved that gun, and I couldn't wait to shoot it. That was the biggest piece of junk I ever owned. I bought it new, put around 200 rounds through it and I couldnt make it through 6 rounds without it jamming. I will never own anything by para

ArmoryDoc
02-03-2011, 00:00
Take it to a smith and spend another $60.00 to get it right or do a full disclosure to a new buyer. Either way, shag it and buy a good one.

species0113
02-05-2011, 11:03
Sorry to hear about problems like that. I bought one last year and haven't had an issue with it. I only have about 400-500 rounds through it though and do anal cleaning and lubing. I don't know what you paid but I picked mine up for $400 plus, can't remember exactly. But it seems like if you can get it straightened out for less then $100. Its still $300-$400 cheaper then the next level up. I'd get it fixed and beat the crap out of it. Good luck.

Substance-P
02-05-2011, 11:36
Take it to a smith and spend another $60.00 to get it right or do a full disclosure to a new buyer. Either way, shag it and buy a good one.

Good advice.

Another way to try to get a hold of Para is to sign-up for one of the 1911 forums where they have a CS representative and contact them directly through PM.

FWIW, I couldn't get Para to call me back when I made the mistake of purchasing one of their products. Bagged it and traded to a dealer.

Frog1
02-05-2011, 15:15
I bought one of those sub par Taurus guns that shoots a cloverleaf group at 25 yds. and has never failed to function. Go figure.

cfec2008
02-07-2011, 18:12
Traded the stupid para today. Got a Glock 22 out of the deal. gah lee ill never ever attempt to own another para. I may get one of some moron wants to dang near give me one for a cheeeeap price, but thats about it. Para Customer service sucks. HOWEVER I did FINALLY talk to a guy named JONATHAN in customer service and he was extremly nice and said para has went through some people in the cs dept and that they were trying to work all the problems out...and that they would pay for my shipping to and from the factory. well thats all great and dandy but I had a deal nearly worked out with the guy with the glock. so i took my chance and let her fly. and yes i did tell the guy about the problems with the para.