New Trijicon HD Night Sights [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New Trijicon HD Night Sights

scott,team,trk2
02-01-2011, 14:52
Has anyone used the new sights from trijicon yet......i like them ,its exactly what im looking for but am waiting for some feedback from others before i dump 150......

Alexpag
02-04-2011, 07:49
I'm also interested on these sights or the XS big dot for my glock 19. Has anyone tested them?

sharkbait
02-09-2011, 10:38
I'm also interested on these sights or the XS big dot /QUOTE]

Same here

johnny00
02-09-2011, 10:46
Kinda look similar to the Ameriglo Hacks.

hamburger
02-09-2011, 11:57
XS 24/7 big dots are awesome

Not great for pinpoint bull's eye shooting, but very good to shoot fast

JK-linux
02-09-2011, 12:26
"HD" night sights... the guys in marketing need to find a new gimmick. ;)

RayB
02-09-2011, 13:59
These look good! :thumbsup:

http://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product1.php?id=HDNS

The only downside to Trijicon Night Sights has been that the painted-on white sight markers do not hold up to solvents or aggressive cleaning. They seem to have fixed that on the new Trijicon HD Night Sights, and you'll notice that's the first thing they address on the above-link. :eyebrow:

--Ray

Clay1
02-16-2011, 13:51
Anyone have these and a set of calipers? I called Trijicon today and they don't even know the specs on their own products. I need a real height, width of the front sight and the rear notch.

I'm currious is they will work with my Crossbreed SuperTuck or is the front to tall. I also want to compare the GL11's to the GL101Y for size. I like a thinner front blade and a wider rear blade and these seem interesting but "NOBODY KNOWS" any real dimensions.

Rick

JLaw516
02-26-2011, 15:20
Has anyone ever found the width of the front sight and rear notch? I am very interested in these as well.

gh0st614
02-26-2011, 21:30
Kinda look similar to the Ameriglo Hacks.

Yea I got my Hacks with the I dot Pro rear for 90 shipped from Ameriglo, I looked at these Trijicons for about 2 seconds.

TSAX
02-26-2011, 23:15
$150 really?

Eagle1
02-27-2011, 00:37
$150 really?

My thoughts exactly!!!!:faint:

SamMan23
03-01-2011, 21:21
We installed these on a customer's gun today. I like the rear but I'm not used to the front. I like the rear u-notch and the smaller diameter rear tritiums(like Ameriglo). I liked the visibility of the front, but wished the whole blade was colored. I like rectangles better then circles.

I would also like to know the dimensional specs on these.

Icelander513
03-01-2011, 22:30
$150 really?

Almost half the cost of a LNIB Glock.

Clay1
03-02-2011, 06:17
We installed these on a customer's gun today. I like the rear but I'm not used to the front. I like the rear u-notch and the smaller diameter rear sights. I liked the visibility of the front, but wished the whole blade was colored. I like rectangles better then circles.

I would also like to know the dimensional specs on these.

I shoot Dawson Precision sights for gun games and like the dimensions of the front blade and rear notch. They have fiber optic inserts. I ended up taking a magic marker and blacking out the fiber optics. I like to aquire the target at the very top and middle of the front blade and the FO started to make me put the FO over the target and I would shoot high. I much prefer a sight that has a thinner front so that the light on either side of the notch is easily picked up. Some Trijicons can be so tight that there isn't much light on either side of the post when aligned and this seems to be more of the case with shorter barreled guns like a 26 or even a 19. On the 34 there is more light because the slide is longer. Would like to see a pair of these in person.

bdcremer
03-08-2011, 20:23
The front sight is .145" wide.

The rear sight notch: The front of the rear sight is .180" wide and steps down to .165" wide at the rear face of the rear sight.

I measured the set on my G19. Review will be coming shortly.

dkf
03-10-2011, 12:38
Hopefully Ameriglo stocks the front sight only. I have the Hacks and would like to try the brighter yellow front sight. Trijicon can have the rear.

Clay1
03-11-2011, 07:16
The front sight is .145" wide.

The rear sight notch: The front of the rear sight is .180" wide and steps down to .165" wide at the rear face of the rear sight.

I measured the set on my G19. Review will be coming shortly.

Thanks for the measurements. So did you shoot with those sights on the gun yet?

As a comparison, I have a set of Novak Trijicon night sights and the rear notch is .130 and the front blade is .145". I would like the wider rear notch for quicker aquisitions, but for the quick stuff the gun wears a Crimson Trace Laserguard which is nice. I still haven't seen a set of these anywhere yet, but again, I like the idea of them.

Luminary
03-11-2011, 07:26
Lmao 150 bucks? 150 my arse.

Clay1
03-11-2011, 07:31
Lmao 150 bucks? 150 my arse.

You can almost buy a S&W Sigma for that. :tongueout: Still I will probably have a pair.

Note that the GL11's that I just installed were $165 MSRP: http://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product3.php?pid=GL11

The HD sights are cheaper at $149.00 MSRP: http://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product3.php?pid=GL101Y

gh0st614
03-11-2011, 11:31
You can almost buy a S&W Sigma for that. :tongueout: Still I will probably have a pair.

Note that the GL11's that I just installed were $165 MSRP: http://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product3.php?pid=GL11

The HD sights are cheaper at $149.00 MSRP: http://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product3.php?pid=GL101Y

I dont get how trijicon can sell sights for so much money, especially since they probably pay the LEAST out of all the companys manufacturing their own tubes. I know ameriglo isnt paying less to have their tubes installed and the I Dot Pros are only 90 for the pair.

Im really anxious for the review because Im curious what $60 more gets you.

bdcremer
03-26-2011, 14:05
Here is my review of the Trijicon HD night sights.

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=186378124739948

Bob45acp
04-17-2011, 12:02
Just read your review because I saw these sights at my local gun shop. I have been looking for some night sights for one of my G19's that don't have "busy" rear sights. I like the blackened out concept, like Ameriglo puts out. So do you still have these on your pistol? How are they working out?

tkosiba
04-19-2011, 04:01
Which Trijicon HD color option shows up best "in daylight?" More specifically, against white steel? Yellow or orange?

Bob45acp
04-19-2011, 07:53
That's what I've been wondering too, seems like the orange would show up better, but I'd like to hear from someone who's used a yellow front sight?

RayB
04-20-2011, 14:49
Here is my review of the Trijicon HD night sights.

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=186378124739948

An excellent, well-written review! :thumbsup:

I would definitely look at these sights for my next sidearm! ;)

--Ray

bdcremer
04-21-2011, 15:34
I do still have these sights on my G19. I put a yellow set on my G33 and have an orange set on my G19. In my analysis of both colors, I think the orange provides a slightly better contrast to background colors. The yellow is still bold and bright but the orange edges it ever so slightly. You really cannot go wrong either way.

These are really good sights, yes they are pricey but they do a good job with accurate hits fast.

Bucknasty
04-21-2011, 15:59
My Friends sister works for Trijicon and she just gave me a set of the GL101Y for $40. She said that's basically cost.

Alexpag
05-07-2011, 15:16
I do still have these sights on my G19. I put a yellow set on my G33 and have an orange set on my G19. In my analysis of both colors, I think the orange provides a slightly better contrast to background colors. The yellow is still bold and bright but the orange edges it ever so slightly. You really cannot go wrong either way.

These are really good sights, yes they are pricey but they do a good job with accurate hits fast.

Any pics to compare both colours?

five-0
05-07-2011, 16:53
My Friends sister works for Trijicon and she just gave me a set of the GL101Y for $40. She said that's basically cost.

Wow, great.
Anything constructive to add?

On the other hand, thank you bdcremer.

johnny00
05-08-2011, 21:26
These look pretty awesome, I may have to try them out.

Just out of sheer curiosity and not trying to thread hi-jack.....any input for those of you that rock the Ameriglo Hacks....what you think of the HDs versus the plain black of the Hacks. I don't have the Hacks, but just read this thread and the HD's are perking my interest.

I have seen the yellow HD's on my brother's G19 and the front sight does have a bit of "pop" to it. You pick it up FAST. If I had a choice, I'd probably take orange as the yellow felt like it got lost against brightly colored leaves/trees....YMMV.

JR45
05-09-2011, 12:26

Where do I send my $40 for a set for my G30SF?

Thanks,
John

crzn01
05-09-2011, 15:10
Glockmeister has the 6.5 mm in yellow or orange for $130.00.

Taz
06-28-2011, 20:38
SWFA has the 101's for $126.

I assume that as the new wears off so will the price.

kashdaddy
06-28-2011, 20:54
:agree: bought some from glockmeister, they had a special for father's day. They install pretty easy like all trijicon sights. Dot in the front is too large for bull's eye. good for close range (less than 7-yards shooting), but then again who use their sights in that close of a range.
I think maybe the TruGlo TRO is a better choice, but you have to baby them as chemicals will cause them to stop glowing.

XS 24/7 big dots are awesome

Not great for pinpoint bull's eye shooting, but very good to shoot fast

SamRudolph
06-29-2011, 09:13
$150 really?

No kidding, when I can get a set of almost any other night sights for 2/3 of that or less.

ArizonaPhil
07-14-2011, 12:02
I have used the xs big dot sights in the past. I liked them a lot because they were fast. My issue with them was for work at 15 yards & 25 yards; they weren't the most accurate.

I recently bought a set of the new trijicon hd sites, orange front blade. Thus far I've been extremely happy with them. They seem to have all the benefits of the xs sights (speed in acquiring the front sight) with none of drawbacks (accuracy at greater distance). I will purchase another set for my glock 26.

NYcarry
07-14-2011, 13:00
I've put them on a G26 and XD40sc, so far so good with about 500 rounds through both.

The U cutout makes it acquiring the front sight quick and easy.
Site are super bright and the front sight will glow the entire outer circle when charged with a light source.

When installing on an XD, you need to use the specific XD sight pusher or it will no doubt snap the front sight off ;) it is extremely thin.

I replaced stock XD and TFO's on the G26 and find it a nice upgrade. Both have been accurate at 10 yds or less. Have not gone out farther than that with them yet.

Side note: The Uni200L sight tool is worthless, I picked up two MGM Sight tools, one for angled Glock sights and one for XD, way better. I have several Glocks and XD's so the investment is worth it for me.

Trijicon was more than generous in replacing the front XD sight ;)

warriormutt
11-28-2011, 22:12
I looked at the yellow and the rep from Trijicon recommended the orange. I have them installed on my m&p compact and love them. My dad has the XS sights on his 23 and I like the HD sights better. Going to put a set on my 22 and 23.

RayB
11-29-2011, 16:22
No kidding, when I can get a set of almost any other night sights for 2/3 of that or less.

AmeriGlo has sights to rival the Trijicon HD's...

http://www.ameriglo.net/sights

There's even a discount code floating around GT, for something like 20% off...

Also, AmeriGlo uses lamps imported by Trijicon...

By all accounts, AmeriGlo's quality and customer service are first-rate! :thumbsup:

--Ray

TexasPOff
11-29-2011, 22:08
I shot a G19 the other day with a set of them, in orange. They didn't allow me to do anything better than my Warren Tacs, or my I-DOTs would. I am not a huge fan of serations on the rears either. Same goes for Heinie's, they are a bit busy for my eyes, and take away from the sharpness of the front sight, this is strictly preference. While colored front sights are a novel idea, I prefer white. Due to the fact I could be engaging a target in any color variation, I want something that won't blend. White stands out on almost every color other than white. My eyes are also trained for the white dot. Should I be looking at a white target, the black part of the sights takes over. Colors are great in IDPA/IPSC, but the majority of their targets are paper and steel, white or light colors. I haven't seen a pepper popper wearing a tomato red shirt. It all has to do with color variation. In a competition, the targets are usually neutral colors, therefore a bright colored sight stands out. In a SD encounter, chances are the target will be wearing a color of some sort. A bright neutral sight color theoretically will show up better against the color. Trijicon is late to the game and they aren't offering anything better IMO. I think I will stay with my $70 Warren's with Trijicon inserts. TXPO

RayB
11-30-2011, 17:15
I am not a huge fan of serations on the rears either.

You like what you like, and if it works for you, then that's what matters...

Many competition shooters prefer simple black irons...

But serrations do cut reflected light, like them or not... Notice in the attached pic, how the serrations on the Dawson Precision Adj Rear Sight absorb the ambient light, rather than reflect it like the rest of the black surfaces do.... Seeing is believing! :dunno:

--Ray

TexasPOff
12-02-2011, 09:13
You like what you like, and if it works for you, then that's what matters...

Many competition shooters prefer simple black irons...

But serrations do cut reflected light, like them or not... Notice in the attached pic, how the serrations on the Dawson Precision Adj Rear Sight absorb the ambient light, rather than reflect it like the rest of the black surfaces do.... Seeing is believing! :dunno:

--Ray
I agree with you that they do cut light reflections down. Just for me the horizontal lines cause my eyes to notice the rears. It is strictly a preference thing. My Warrens are back cut a tad to help prevent light from reflecting on them as well. Heinie has a front slant and Trijicon have a 90 cut on thier rear sights, so they would be more prone to reflection without the serations. The serations elliminate that. I just prefer sights without the serations, and I have used both. The serations in the rear sight are no doubt the reason for the higher price point. Same reason Heinie's cost more than others. Sights are a huge personal preference thing. I would never tell someone my sights are better than yours, thats silly. What works for me, may not work for you and vise versa. I do like the Dawson rears, because they have extremely fine serations. TXPO...

The larger serations are just too busy for my eyes.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff295/Texaspoff/sight.jpg

C J
12-02-2011, 18:29
I finally gave up about a month and a half ago on the HD's. I got tired of waiting. They were BO'd. I bought a set of Ameriglo Pro's with the front red ring around the tritium. Love them. They're real fast. The eye goes right to that red ring. The HD's are nice though. Big difference in price. I got mine from Ghost Inc. They were at my door in 2 days besides.