Yes, another sight question(glock 26) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Yes, another sight question(glock 26)

crazyfarmer
02-01-2011, 20:20
I have the trijicon night sights on my service glock 21 and those work great but i'm thinking of getting the XS standard dot sights for my 26 which I just picked up last week. Im just concerned about accuracy with the XS sights but granted the 26 is my concealed carry weapon which would be used for close quarters self defense. Thats why im leaning towards the XS standard dot. Are those sights bright at night or low light compared to the trijicon sights? With the 26 I doubt I shoot much past 15 yards even for practice. Im avid on pin point accuracy and I love the 21 for that reason. If anyone has the XS sights, how do you like and would you get them again? Thanks in advance

duncan
02-02-2011, 00:43
XS sights are fast on target but they are so different that you have to train with them a lot.

And forget your 25 and 50 yard accuracy remaining tight.

Mine dropped so I dropped the XS sights and went back to the post/goal post sights again.

Novel idea but not practical.

randyc74
02-02-2011, 07:30
I have the XS Big dot sites on my off duty edc G27. I practice rapid fire with paper plate targets from 12' to 30' They do help me acquire a fast site picture. I'm still learning to get the most from the sights. The big dot front site does tend to cover up areas of the target so I don't find them suitable for precision bullseye target work. So far for defensive distance work, I'm happy with them.

rctrav
02-02-2011, 07:41
I love my XS Sights. I have them on my 19 and they work out great for me. But i train more defensive rather than target shooting.

chopper7
02-02-2011, 08:17
I use XS Big dots on my 19 and my 26. They use trijicon vials and are just as bright. They are not a target sight they are a combat sight. That said, very acceptable accuracy can be achieved with practice, practice, practice.

crazyfarmer
02-03-2011, 20:44
thanks everyone.. I decided to get the tru glo TFO's instead. Im sorta big on pin point shooting and grouping so I'm just worried the XS wouldnt have worked or I would have to relearn them. When it counts, i'm sure the XS ones would do the job just fine though. Thanks again everyone!