Glock with factory sight only? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock with factory sight only?

TSAX
02-02-2011, 12:06
With so many after market sight options Glock has many sight options.

1. If you could never change out your Glock factory box bar sights would you still get it? But you would have the steel option vs the plastic.

2. If you'd still get one would it be you primary carry/defense gun with no night sight option? No painting, glowing the dark stickers or the Laserlyte sight option.

I don't mind the factory sights despite the fact they are plastic.

tango44
02-02-2011, 13:11
Glock Metal factory sights:
http://www.glock.com/english/index_acc.htm

ron59
02-02-2011, 14:36
Why "play games" such as this?

The simple fact of the matter is that sights are a highly individual choice, asking "what if you couldn't change them" is ludicrous, as you can indeed do so. You're not going to learn anything asking such a hypothetical question.

:dunno:

For me, personally, I don't like the front blade to "fill" the notch in the rear sight. It hides the target at long distance. I feel that I have greater precision with a smaller blade. I also prefer an all black system (no dots, not lines, just a notch and a blade). I shoot lots of competition stuff, and have my competition guns setup with Warren/Sevigny sights.

For a carry gun that you might need in the dark, some night sights with dots would be fine (Ameriglos, etc).

teweekley
02-02-2011, 14:52
When I first got my G19, I put TruGlo TFOs on it first thing and carried it like that for over a year. They were okay, but when I switched back to the factory plastic I was getting better groups. $100 sights not even being used now, I'm an idiot. I'm guessing the three dots screwed with me or something. I really like the rear outline on the factory sight and if I ever get night sights again, it will be the AmeriGlo front sight only. Your focus should be on the front sight anyways.

RayB
02-03-2011, 05:20
I can hit just fine with the stock sights. They're just cheesy looking, is all... :upeyes:

Most of the cops around here carry Glocks, and so far all I've seen are the stock sights on any of them. :dunno:

--Ray

Alcoy
02-03-2011, 05:24
I carried one for a long time with just the stock plastic one on it and was okay with it.

Now all my glocks have after market sights. Warren Tactical with FO front for range gun and night sights for my EDC. ymmv.

Doc8404
02-03-2011, 06:00
Meprolight adjustables....(yeah, i know - some will feel the need to flame since I like ADJUSTABLES)

Doc8404
02-03-2011, 19:24
Meprolight adjustables....(yeah, i know - some will feel the need to flame since I like ADJUSTABLES)

yeah.....and now she doesn't fit in my Serpa or Bladetech Ultimate Concealment IWB.

TSAX
02-04-2011, 00:54
Why "play games" such as this?

The simple fact of the matter is that sights are a highly individual choice, asking "what if you couldn't change them" is ludicrous, as you can indeed do so. You're not going to learn anything asking such a hypothetical question.

:dunno:

For me, personally, I don't like the front blade to "fill" the notch in the rear sight. It hides the target at long distance. I feel that I have greater precision with a smaller blade. I also prefer an all black system (no dots, not lines, just a notch and a blade). I shoot lots of competition stuff, and have my competition guns setup with Warren/Sevigny sights.

For a carry gun that you might need in the dark, some night sights with dots would be fine (Ameriglos, etc).

People what if sh-- all the time. What if Glock had a slim line 9mm? What if Glock had a carbine? What if there were less haters and a--holes on this site? Why am I not allowed to ask what if questions, checking through these forums what if types questions are often asked.

I did learn something, I learned that some people like stock and some people don't. And someone made a good point about most cops keep their duty gun stock.

Read post #5, by posting this thread it reminded me......
http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1313915

zigzagg321
02-04-2011, 01:52
Glock factory could mean a few different sights. I use the factory night sights. I prefer 3 dot over cup and ball.

So what would I change about the factory sights?

Ditch the cup and ball.

Angry Fist
02-04-2011, 01:55
Who the hell would buy it for the sights? :dunno:

IMO, the sights are the biggest problem, but I can live with them. It wasn't the first thing I changed.

firefighter4215
02-04-2011, 02:01
For the time being I painted my front sights bright orange for contrast and took a black Sharpie to the lower part of the "goal post" rear sight. Seems to work well for me. Night sights are on the list as a future purchase though.

PlayboyPenguin
02-04-2011, 02:17
I would still get it. I do not put much importance on night sights. I can take them or leave them. I figure the odds of shooting at any distance in lighting so low I cannot see my sights are low. I did put night sights on my new G29SF, but only because it will be my camping gun.

ron59
02-04-2011, 11:21
People what if sh-- all the time. What if Glock had a slim line 9mm? What if Glock had a carbine? What if there were less haters and a--holes on this site? Why am I not allowed to ask what if questions, checking through these forums what if types questions are often asked.

I did learn something, I learned that some people like stock and some people don't. And someone made a good point about most cops keep their duty gun stock.

Read post #5, by posting this thread it reminded me......
http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1313915

Asking: "I don't like the stock sights, what do you guys like? Advice?"
Asking: "How many people keep the stock sights?"

All very fine questions.

Asking, "If Glock made the gun where you couldn't change the sights?". Hypothetical, and while people might *answer*, you get no truly useful info. Somebody who might buy the gun anyway (where you couldn't change the sights) would be the same person who would change them out if they could. Hey, it's your world, bro. Ask all the silly questions you want.