A miracle is needed tonight....Bless a child.... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : A miracle is needed tonight....Bless a child....

kcb
02-02-2011, 16:28
It is with a VERY heavy heart that I post here tonight.

I am asking everyone to try to find it in your heart to hit your knees tonight in earnest pray for little girl, a kindergartner, at my school.

Her mom is a first grade teacher....friend and co-worker, too. So this really is hitting us hard.

We have known for about a week now that this little girl has been sick, and her mom has been home with her. First she was said to have had a sinus infection, and put on antibiotics. Her fever didn't go down, so they changed the medication and said she had a UTI.

Well, long to short, we all learned today, that this little girl apparently had a seizure within the last day or so, and possibly stopped breathing for a questionable length of time. That fact is not certain.

As of this evening, she is on life support and they are running studies to determine (confirm) if she is in fact, brain dead.

She is the sweetest and prettiest little girl.

Our hearts are broken!!!

Please. Pray for a miracle tonight!

God Bless you all!

:crying: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Jeff82
02-02-2011, 16:33
Prayers sent.

Dalton Wayne
02-02-2011, 16:36
Prayers spoken
Regards
DW

BabyTaz
02-02-2011, 16:44
poor baby! prayers sent!

Buki192327
02-02-2011, 16:45
Prayers inbound!!

okie
02-02-2011, 16:50
:angel:

Lone_Wolfe
02-02-2011, 16:54
Prayers going up for her, hoping for a miracle.

engineer151515
02-02-2011, 16:55
:angel::angel::angel:

Dinky
02-02-2011, 17:00
Good thoughts and vibes are on the way :angel::angel::angel:

kcb
02-02-2011, 17:08
Thank you for your prayers and good thoughts!

kcb
02-02-2011, 17:25
I just checked my school e-mail to see if there were any updates about "our little girl".

The only message about her was that there would be a special prayer gathering for her at 8 a.m. in the morning.

I am suppose to be at a special "reading opportunity" that we hold on Thursday mornings for our students at 8 a.m.

I think I'll have to be "fashionably late" for that....

:sad:

Brucev
02-02-2011, 17:37
Very sorry in the extreme. Praying for her and her family.

robin303
02-02-2011, 18:04
That is so sad. :crying:

1985 4Runner
02-02-2011, 18:13
Prayers sent.

Alchemy
02-02-2011, 18:25
Karen, what a terrible situation for the child and her family. Prayer are
headed her way. :angel::angel::hugs:

harlan
02-02-2011, 18:26
Praying. Have some mighty "Prayer Warriors" at my church - they are praying too.

69stingray
02-02-2011, 18:50
:angel::angel::angel: prayers sent

redbaron007
02-02-2011, 18:55
Prayers Sent!!

:wavey:

red

kcb
02-02-2011, 18:56
Thank you so much for all of your posts, prayers and thoughts!

Like I said, we are having a prayer group for her at 8 a.m. EST in the morning.

Please join us, where ever you are at that time, in prayer for "our little girl".

May we witness a true "miracle" for her.

I've been in touch with my prayer partners/warriors this evening as well.

God Bless each of you! This is such a tragic story....which requires a happy ending.....a miracle!

:angel: :angel: :hugs:

kcb
02-02-2011, 19:00
I was wide awake this morning at 2 a.m. I never could go back to sleep, so I gave up and got up.

Growing up, my mother always taught me, that sometimes, when we are awakened like that...perhaps God is telling us to pray. Someone, somewhere, needs our prayers.

So, I did...not knowing who that person was.

Lord, please hear our prayers!

Good night, my friends, my prayer partners!

alabaster
02-02-2011, 19:22
Thoughts and prayers. May God keep His hands on her and surround her with hedges of angels. Please Lord free all of her friends and family from all of their anxieties also.

SheepleNoMore
02-02-2011, 19:26
Prayers sent.

OSSI
02-02-2011, 20:10
Sorry to hear that Karen. Prayers on the way :hugs:

pbs357
02-02-2011, 20:19
Prayers sent from PA for this precious child and her family.

kymarkh
02-02-2011, 20:31
Prayers inbound for this precious little girl.

Everyone - please give your kids an extra hug tonight.

Mark

yldwill
02-02-2011, 20:53
May Father God give the little girl and her family peace in this terrible time in their lives. May God grant all of the prayers and send a miracle their way!

Bullman
02-03-2011, 04:34
:angel::angel::angel::angel::angel:

Prayers for this little girl. Please God show us again how resilient children are to sickness, raise her up and give her strength so that she may be witness to your awesome power.

In Jesus name we pray........

smith10
02-03-2011, 05:48
Am praying.

Any updates Karen?

Y-NotG23
02-03-2011, 07:52
May we witness a true "miracle" for her.

My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family.

God will look out for her.
I've no doubt about that.

I hope that he'll give her family the strength to endure.
It's a tough, tough road. Regardless the outcome.

Please keep us posted.

Unlocked
02-03-2011, 12:14

DepChief
02-03-2011, 13:12
Prayers and good thoughts headed your way Karen.

gruntmedik
02-03-2011, 15:47
Prayers inbound! :angel: :angel:

kcb
02-03-2011, 17:46
It's been a long and sad day today.

The news wasn't good this morning.

They did an MRI last night and there is no brain activity.

More specific details were available today, since most of us were JUST realizing the severity of our little girl's case late yesterday afternoon.

She has been in the hospital since Sunday.

Sometime Tuesday, she stopped breathing...and has been unresponsive since that time. At some point after that, they put her on life support.

Of course, her mother is devastated!

This morning the report was that they were giving her medication to bring down the swelling of her brain. The eventual goal will be to see IF she will be able to breath on her own.

No one knows what the cause of all this is yet.

I had to leave early this afternoon because I had an appointment. I haven't heard any news from anyone at this point this evening.

Continue to keep her and her family in your prayers.

Thank you for all of your prayers and kind words!

:hugs: :angel:

kcb
02-03-2011, 17:55
I apologize for not updating sooner, but I have very CONTROLLED internet access at work.

GT is definitely a BLOCKED website!

joeface
02-03-2011, 18:08
Praying for a miracle!

etravix
02-03-2011, 18:54
Done!

aviator0402
02-03-2011, 20:19
prayers up

Bullman
02-03-2011, 23:15
Sending out some more :angel::angel::angel::angel::angel:

Lone_Wolfe
02-04-2011, 02:26
Sending up more prayers for a miracle!

harlan
02-04-2011, 08:53
Praying.

kcb
02-04-2011, 18:42
There has not been a formal announcement yet...

One of her best friends told a few of us late this afternoon, "our little girl is gone."

Her mother said, "Now I have an angel up in heaven looking after me now!"

:crying:

Please pray for her family tonight!

:angel: :angel:

harlan
02-04-2011, 18:48
So sorry to hear this sad news. I'm praying for the family and you good friends who are surrounding them with love right now. Having just lost a loved one I know how important you guys are to them. God Bless.

OSSI
02-04-2011, 18:52
That's so sad :crying:

RayB
02-04-2011, 19:09
Done!

--Ray

RightGlock1
02-04-2011, 19:24
Prayers outbound. God be with them, and comfort them. :crying:

Zonny
02-04-2011, 19:35
Oh Karen!!! Why! Why! Why????

I have such a hard time with deaths of the innocents.
May her family find strength in faith. :angel:

glide100
02-04-2011, 19:40
Are they praying at a school? I am all for the child John 3:16.

glide100
02-04-2011, 19:43
:crying: How truly sad

kcb
02-04-2011, 20:06
Are they praying at a school? I am all for the child John 3:16.

Some of us never stopped. It's just on our time, though!....and sometimes when we can slip it in!

kcb
02-04-2011, 20:07

I know, Kathy! :crying:

Now...how do you tell the children in her class, all 5 and 6 year olds, that their FRIEND has gone to heaven? In a PUBLIC school???

My mother wants me to tell them that she went to spend time with Jesus!

:sobbing:

Zonny
02-04-2011, 20:25
I'm so sorry Karen. When you hug her Mom, give a small squeeze from me. :crying:

amacro
02-04-2011, 20:48
Prayers from Ocala Fl-God hears our prayers!
She is in my thoughts

Dinky
02-04-2011, 21:02
:crying:

Lone_Wolfe
02-05-2011, 02:57
Damn. :crying:

May the family find some comfort now in knowing she's gone on to heaven early. :angel:

Glocktastic
02-05-2011, 06:01
Prayers sent!

IndyGunFreak
02-05-2011, 20:53
I know, Kathy! :crying:

Now...how do you tell the children in her class, all 5 and 6 year olds, that their FRIEND has gone to heaven? In a PUBLIC school???

My mother wants me to tell them that she went to spend time with Jesus!

:sobbing:

As sad as it is, despite it being completely true.. you know if you say that some yo-yo parent is going to complain.

Locally, I've saw the school give the children letters to give to their parents, detailing the situation and encouraging THEM to discuss it with their children. Not sure it actually works, but who knows.

IGF

gruntmedik
02-06-2011, 00:18

I have become somewhat numb to death due to my job, but when I have a little one that has a bad outcome, well, I haven't become numb to that.

Prayers to the friends and family. :angel:

Bullman
02-06-2011, 00:21
I have become somewhat numb to death due to my job, but when I have a little one that has a bad outcome, well, I haven't become numb to that.

Prayers to the friends and family. :angel:

I know what you are saying Deke, it is hard to get my head around why a precious little one has to die when they haven't even figured out what life is all about.

More prayers, God's Peace and Love to the family.

kcb
02-07-2011, 16:19
I took a long weekend this weekend to spend time with my hubby to celebrate his birthday.

But this was always on my mind, and sadness filled my heart.

AFTER I had made dinner plans last night for my husband, I received an e-mail that the mom had invited our work family to her home. I couldn't make it.
I was so sorry to miss this....but will find a chance to make up for it.

There was a private family ONLY funeral held today.

I enjoyed time with my husband, but my thoughts of our little angel were not far from the surface.

I'm sure that continued prayers during this difficult time for her family will be very much needed.

Thank you SO much for all of your faithfulness throughout this tragedy!

You all are the best!!! :hugs: :angel:

OSSI
02-07-2011, 16:21
I took a long weekend this weekend to spend time with my hubby to celebrate his birthday.

But this was always on my mind, and sadness filled my heart.

AFTER I had made dinner plans last night for my husband, I received an e-mail that the mom had invited our work family to her home. I couldn't make it.
I was so sorry to miss this....but will find a chance to make up for it.

There was a private family ONLY funeral held today.

I enjoyed time with my husband, but my thoughts of our little angel were not far from the surface.

I'm sure that continued prayers during this difficult time for her family will be very much needed.

Thank you SO much for all of your faithfulness throughout this tragedy!

You all are the best!!! :hugs: :angel:

:hugs:

sweetatergal
02-07-2011, 16:38
Karen, she has been on my mind all weekend, then I open up the thread to see this!

I am truely sorry for the loss. Family, friends, co workers and students will be thought about!!!! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kcb
02-07-2011, 16:41
Karen, she has been on my mind all weekend, then I open up the thread to see this!

I am truely sorry for the loss. Family, friends, co workers and students will be thought about!!!! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Thanks, Jen!

I have her class tomorrow....what do you say to a class of Kindergartners when their 5 year old friend just died? AND they will say what they know to me....or more. They ALWAYS do.

I pray that God gives me the words to say!

The School district has and will have grief counselors at our school since last
Friday. I will probably talk to them in the morning sometime before the children come to my class for computer time.

Letters went home with our students today telling parents about our loss. Nothing has been said to the children to this point.

harlan
02-07-2011, 16:48
God will be with you, I know. I will be praying for you.

Lone_Wolfe
02-07-2011, 16:53
Thanks, Jen!

I have her class tomorrow....what do you say to a class of Kindergartners when their 5 year old friend just died? AND they will say what they know to me....or more. They ALWAYS do.

I pray that God gives me the words to say!

The School district has and will have grief counselors at our school since last
Friday. I will probably talk to them in the morning sometime before the children come to my class for computer time.

Letters went home with our students today telling parents about our loss. Nothing has been said to the children to this point.

I have no doubt God will give you the words to say because he knows you're listening. :hugs:

kcb
02-07-2011, 17:01
God will be with you, I know. I will be praying for you.

Thank you! I will need MUCH prayer!

kcb
02-07-2011, 17:01
I have no doubt God will give you the words to say because he knows you're listening. :hugs:

Thank you LW!!! HE hasn't let me down...you are right! Thank you for your kind words! :hugs:

kcb
02-07-2011, 17:04
I just double checked my schedule and I have them Wednesday. That gives me an extra day to prepare myself for them!

RLB
02-07-2011, 17:08
Sorry to hear of this tragedy.
Little ones are so innocent and special.
No one has the answers for why or how come.
All that were touched by this little angel will be in our thoughts and prayers.
May you find the strength and the words to answer the other little one's questions.

kcb
02-07-2011, 17:50
Sorry to hear of this tragedy.
Little ones are so innocent and special.
No one has the answers for why or how come.
All that were touched by this little angel will be in our thoughts and prayers.
May you find the strength and the words to answer the other little one's questions.

So true!

Thanks!

Zonny
02-07-2011, 19:33
Karen, do they know what happened? How this happened? Was she seriously ill or was it because of the seizure? I've always heard that the seizures children have associated with a fever are harmless. :crying:

kcb
02-08-2011, 16:21
I'm so sorry Karen. When you hug her Mom, give a small squeeze from me. :crying:

I will, Kathy! Rumor has it that she wants to come back to work next week!

She is being so strong right now! I'm not so sure I could in the same situation!

Karen, do they know what happened? How this happened? Was she seriously ill or was it because of the seizure? I've always heard that the seizures children have associated with a fever are harmless. :crying:

I returned to work this morning after taking a long weekend (3 days), and was told the doctors determined that our angel had encephalitis.

I know that our weather has been cold and hot....so mosquitos are likely to be out....especially in the country side areas with lakes like where she lives.

At least we have an answer. :crying:

kcb
02-10-2011, 16:23
I should know not to quote certain people that I work with, even though they always speak like they have the facts.

It's really hard to have time to talk to friends at school unless you work closely with them, but I did have a chance to talk with her mom's best friend between my last class and my after school tutoring class today.

They do NOT know for sure what the cause of death was. All the doctors told her was that it was a bad infection in the brain.

Her mom is a Christian, (converted from Muslim) and her dad (divorced from her mom) is Muslim. He took over all the arrangements in the end. Therefore, there was no autopsy done.

Maria also told me the that she went to the Muslim funeral and told me all about it. It quite an upsetting service. The women aren't allowed to cry or weep. That is all I will say about that.

Lone_Wolfe
02-10-2011, 16:29
I couldn't imagine being at a funeral like that and not crying. They'd just have to cane me or execute me or whatever.

I'm so sorry for her mom that she couldn't have a christian funeral.

kcb
02-10-2011, 16:40
I couldn't imagine being at a funeral like that and not crying. They'd just have to cane me or execute me or whatever.

I'm so sorry for her mom that she couldn't have a christian funeral.

On Sunday before the funeral on Monday, she had a small Christian service in her home.

But the finality of what happened at the funeral on Monday....would be hard for me to get past.

The disregard for women and their value was so pronounced....I would NOT want that to be the final memory around my baby!

Lone_Wolfe
02-10-2011, 16:46
On Sunday before the funeral on Monday, she had a small Christian service in her home.

But the finality of what happened at the funeral on Monday....would be hard for me to get past.

The disregard for women and their value was so pronounced....I would NOT want that to be the final memory around my baby!

Good, at least she got to have that. Let's hope that the bad memory fades out and the memory of the christian service stays stronger. Give her some :hugs: from me, would you please?

kcb
02-10-2011, 16:51
Good, at least she got to have that. Let's hope that the bad memory fades out and the memory of the christian service stays stronger. Give her some :hugs: from me, would you please?

I will! :hugs:

Maria told me that she decided NOT to return to work on Monday but that she is going to come to school tomorrow to bring her students (first grade) cupcakes.

She said that the children have been told NOT to ask her any questions.

I hope that I get to see her. Teaching six classes plus tutoring after school tomorrow, I hope I manage to run to the office and time it right to see her!

I just want to give her a big hug! Of course, I'm sure I'll have trouble not shedding a few tears, too.

Thanks LW!!! :hugs:

ReyFufuRulesAll
02-10-2011, 17:38
:sadangel:

glide100
02-11-2011, 22:18
The christian service is a blessing to those who have lost loved ones as I have seen two of my close friend pass since this all started with this little one. God bless you ,Acts 16:31, John 3:36. :angel:

kcb
02-12-2011, 21:06
The christian service is a blessing to those who have lost loved ones as I have seen two of my close friend pass since this all started with this little one. God bless you ,Acts 16:31, John 3:36. :angel:

Yes it is!

I don't know how anyone without God in their life get's through the loss of a loved one.

I'm so sorry you've been through this twice in recent days! It's never easy, but a faith in Christ Jesus and the knowledge that the one that is gone, had that same faith, is such a huge blessing!

HeliGlock
02-12-2011, 21:57
Prayers sent karen. God Bless her and keep her close. Bless the Family also. Tom.

glide100
02-23-2011, 21:46
Karen , how is everything going now?

kcb
02-24-2011, 17:20
Karen , how is everything going now?

Thank you for asking.

This Monday, the mom returned to work for the first time. I think she found it a bit harder than she expected. I had her class for computer the first thing that morning. She gave me a big hug....but I heard that later that morning she was stand-offish from others.

I was out sick a couple of days, and I didn't see her today. I was so busy after being out for two days, that I didn't have time to check on her.

I'll make a point to do so tomorrow.

She still needs much prayer.

kcb
02-25-2011, 16:40
I got to see the mom today.

She looked really pretty today, so I said to her "You look GREAT, SO pretty today!"

She thanked me and said she felt good today.

She said she felt like she was really accepting things and knew that her little girl was in a better place and suffering no more.

I almost broke down in tears but managed to say something coherent to her, I think.

She's doing really well!

Thanks for all of your prayers for her!

:crying: :angel: :hugs:

Lone_Wolfe
02-25-2011, 16:51
That's really good to hear.

Shadow Broker
02-25-2011, 16:59
Praying and believing God for a miracle!!

glide100
06-07-2011, 21:03
Karen, How is everything now as a few months have passed.:angel:

kcb
06-08-2011, 16:23
Karen, How is everything now as a few months have passed.:angel:

Wow! That is so kind of you to think of her and ask about the family at this point in time! Thank you! I'll be sure to let her mom know that people are still thinking of her and praying for her.

The mom is doing very well. She was smart and sought counseling (through her church, I believe). She lost a lot of weight in the beginning but has stabilized and looks great now. Someone told me the other day that her parents use to babysit her daughter a lot, especially before she started Kindergarten this year, and THEY are not coping very well. She has been trying to get them to talk with someone but so far she has not been able to do so.

On Saturday, June 25, we've all been invited to a celebration of the little girls life at her best friend's home (also a teacher at our school).

We all chipped in and had a star named after her. The high point of the evening is that we will all get to see her star together!

We had our Special Area Awards Ceremony today with all of our classes. When her class arrived, there is a little girl that resembles her and had the long dark hair like she did. As I guided her to where she needed to sit, her hair brushed my hand, and I almost cried, remembering her at that moment. I know I would have had an award for her today....she was a sweet little student in my class.

Thank you for remembering her. :wavey: :angel: :hearts:

OSSI
06-08-2011, 18:30
Cool :)

HiddenEyes
06-08-2011, 23:08
I just now saw this thread.

Very sorry to hear about the death of the little girl.

Reading about the muslim "service" makes me really angry. Oh well, injustice happens sometimes.

I pray that the mother continues to heal and is blessed in the years to come.

Mr. HE:cool:

kcb
06-10-2011, 13:45
I just now saw this thread.

Very sorry to hear about the death of the little girl.

Reading about the muslim "service" makes me really angry. Oh well, injustice happens sometimes.

I pray that the mother continues to heal and is blessed in the years to come.

Mr. HE:cool:

Thank you, Mr. HE!

Lone_Wolfe
06-10-2011, 16:38
Wow! That is so kind of you to think of her and ask about the family at this point in time! Thank you! I'll be sure to let her mom know that people are still thinking of her and praying for her.

The mom is doing very well. She was smart and sought counseling (through her church, I believe). She lost a lot of weight in the beginning but has stabilized and looks great now. Someone told me the other day that her parents use to babysit her daughter a lot, especially before she started Kindergarten this year, and THEY are not coping very well. She has been trying to get them to talk with someone but so far she has not been able to do so.

On Saturday, June 25, we've all been invited to a celebration of the little girls life at her best friend's home (also a teacher at our school).

We all chipped in and had a star named after her. The high point of the evening is that we will all get to see her star together!

We had our Special Area Awards Ceremony today with all of our classes. When her class arrived, there is a little girl that resembles her and had the long dark hair like she did. As I guided her to where she needed to sit, her hair brushed my hand, and I almost cried, remembering her at that moment. I know I would have had an award for her today....she was a sweet little student in my class.

Thank you for remembering her. :wavey: :angel: :hearts:

Wow, that's great what you're doing to remember her and help her family through it. :hugs:

kcb
06-10-2011, 17:35
Wow, that's great what you're doing to remember her and help her family through it. :hugs:

LW!!!!!

:hugs:

Thanks, Sweetie!!! Pray you are doing good, too!

glide100
08-04-2011, 18:06
Karen how goes it now ??????? My computor went crazy and lost this topic.

kcb
08-05-2011, 15:04
Karen how goes it now ??????? My computor went crazy and lost this topic.

I haven't seen the mom this summer, but school starts in a couple of weeks, now.

But I've seen posts in Facebook, and I know she was having a difficult time at the end of the school year, and was planning to travel a lot this summer. From what I've seen on Facebook, she's having a good time, and the traveling has helped her a lot!

You are so kind to continue to think of them!

:)

glide100
11-06-2011, 20:18
Karen, what is the situation now as the last update was 3 months ago?

kcb
11-07-2011, 16:10
Karen, what is the situation now as the last update was 3 months ago?

The situation is going well.

The mom, who was divorced from the little girl's father when she got sick, is now engaged to be married.

AND if I understand correctly, she is now trying to adopt a child.

So, I think she's doing GREAT....I'm not so sure I would be ready for all of that so soon.

She looks good, and seems to be moving on pretty well. I know she hasn't forgotten. She sent me a message the other day to see if I still had a photo of her daughter that she asked me to scan after she passed away. (I did.) I know she will always be in her heart.

Thanks for asking.

Alchemy
11-11-2011, 13:03
I just got back to this post, but I'm glad that the mom appears
to be coping well (at least I hope so). I find it very hard to
have to deal with the loss of a child.

My prayers go out to the Mother. If one believes in God, then the
little girl is now in a better place.

kcb
11-11-2011, 14:39

I don't know how you'd get through a situation like this without Faith in God!

She's in a better place!

glide100
12-15-2011, 21:05
:wavey:Merry Christmas Karen. I hope the Mom doing OK this time of the year. Please update on the Mom's status. John 3:16:angel:

kcb
12-16-2011, 15:57
:wavey:Merry Christmas Karen. I hope the Mom doing OK this time of the year. Please update on the Mom's status. John 3:16:angel:

I "think" things are okay. I've been SO busy this term that I haven't seen much of her...and when I do see her, we don't have time to say more that "Hey! How are you?" but not enough time to really find out.

I do know that she did NOT go to the Christmas Party last Friday night. So I'm not sure if there was any more behind that. I had a brief conversation about that with her and her best friend in the parking lot one afternoon this week, but her friend was just getting me to agree with her that she missed a good time. I'm sure that the Christmas season will be very hard for her.

A few prayers for and her family, I am sure, would be wonderful. She teaches first grade, and her little girl would have been in first grate this year.

That can't be easy. I don't think it would be for me!

Thanks for your continued thoughts, interest and prayers for her!

Merry Christmas to you, too!

Lone_Wolfe
12-16-2011, 16:12
I'll send up some more prayers for her.

HeliGlock
12-16-2011, 16:15
Prayers are being sent as we type. Please bless this little Girl and her Family.

smokeross
12-16-2011, 16:16

Having been through the loss of a young child myself, I can tell you Mom (Dad too) is a mess inside. You never get over this. The pain never goes away. I can also tell you that most anyone who has experienced this will become extremely protective of the rest of their children. You better not mess up with a grieving parents surviving children. You might find your own self in a struggle for survival.

6StringGeek
12-16-2011, 16:18
Prayers for the family inbound.

kcb
12-19-2011, 13:54
Having been through the loss of a young child myself, I can tell you Mom (Dad too) is a mess inside. You never get over this. The pain never goes away. I can also tell you that most anyone who has experienced this will become extremely protective of the rest of their children. You better not mess up with a grieving parents surviving children. You might find your own self in a struggle for survival.

I can totally empathize with you. I have been blessed that I've never suffered the loss of a child. But I have had many friends who have walked where you have. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm certain it is something that you don't ever truly get past.

God Bless you and your family!

smokeross
12-19-2011, 16:25
I can totally empathize with you. I have been blessed that I've never suffered the loss of a child. But I have had many friends who have walked where you have. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm certain it is something that you don't ever truly get past.

God Bless you and your family!
Thank You. It's been over 30 years. Sometimes I can carry on a conversation about my boy and our experiences. Other times I can be turned into a sobbing mess for almost no reason. About 12 years ago, I was out at my remote cabin putzing around with the radio playing. A song came on the radio that sounded much like a church hymn. I tuned into it, and by the first chorus, was literally on my hands an knees on the floor blubering like a baby. The Song? Vince Gill, Go Climb that Mountain. When I got home a few days later I went to town and bought the CD. Brought it home and put it along with a few others into the 6 pack changer. I was mentally prepared to listen without crying. I had stacked up the jewel cases in the order I had put them in the changer. I looked to see where the Vince Gill song was. 4th in the stack, song #11. My son was born on 4-11. I was crying before I hit 'play'. Yet I typed this today with a sort of smile on my face.
Remember your friends who have lost children, and be patient with them. Some days will be good, others not so good. They will talk when they are able, and cry when you least expect it.

Lone_Wolfe
12-19-2011, 16:45
Thank You. It's been over 30 years. Sometimes I can carry on a conversation about my boy and our experiences. Other times I can be turned into a sobbing mess for almost no reason. About 12 years ago, I was out at my remote cabin putzing around with the radio playing. A song came on the radio that sounded much like a church hymn. I tuned into it, and by the first chorus, was literally on my hands an knees on the floor blubering like a baby. The Song? Vince Gill, Go Climb that Mountain. When I got home a few days later I went to town and bought the CD. Brought it home and put it along with a few others into the 6 pack changer. I was mentally prepared to listen without crying. I had stacked up the jewel cases in the order I had put them in the changer. I looked to see where the Vince Gill song was. 4th in the stack, song #11. My son was born on 4-11. I was crying before I hit 'play'. Yet I typed this today with a sort of smile on my face.
Remember your friends who have lost children, and be patient with them. Some days will be good, others not so good. They will talk when they are able, and cry when you least expect it.

Saying I'm sorry for your loss seems so inadequate, but I am. :angel:

kcb
12-19-2011, 16:54

Saying I'm sorry for your loss seems so inadequate, but I am. :angel:

I agree with Lone_Wolfe's post...I'm so sorry!

I can imagine your pain, because I've seen it in my friends...and I became very protective of my daughters because of that fear.

When I was 13, I lost a life long childhood friend to a brain tumor. Our families were life long friends. I was devastated when she died. Even though my family moved across the country, we maintained contact and our friendship with her family. Her parents NEVER got over her death. They had 5 children, but, of course...one child cannot be replaced ever by another.

In the late years of her parents life, I got to spend a lot of time with them. They were STILL heartbroken over losing Cindy all those years ago.

Her dad was mad at God, still. Her mom never did blame God for what happened but she missed her daughter every day of her life.

It's hard to understand why some children are only here for a short time.

You are so entitled to react however you need to...

My thoughts and prayers are with you! :angel:

Jeff82
12-19-2011, 20:28
It's hard to understand why some children are only here for a short time.

Maybe, and this is just a thought, maybe God was sparing them from something far worse down the road...

kcb
12-19-2011, 20:56
Maybe, and this is just a thought, maybe God was sparing them from something far worse down the road...

You may very well be right! God knows what is best. I have found comfort in this thought when I've lost loved ones in my life when I thougt it was way too soon...not just children.

Thank you for sharing your thought.

It's just always so hard for those left behind; because we miss them so much!

smokeross
12-19-2011, 23:20
I can tell you that what my child went through was HELL. Not sparing. He struggled to live every day of his life. And his parents (us) lived through a hell of their own. You'll never know, and never understand.

kcb
12-20-2011, 13:39
I can tell you that what my child went through was HELL. Not sparing. He struggled to live every day of his life. And his parents (us) lived through a hell of their own. You'll never know, and never understand.

I'm so sorry. We don't know what you went through!

You remain in my thoughts and prayers.

Jeff82
12-21-2011, 01:51

And I hope I never do.

smokeross
12-21-2011, 11:25
And I hope I never do.
I hope you never do either. We grow up knowing our parents will likely go before us, so when they expire we accept it and move on. No one is ever emotionally prepared for the loss of a child.