video driver update. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : video driver update.

jolt8me
02-04-2011, 08:15
I have a gateway MD2614u laptop. The video card is a ATI radeon hd 3200. running vista 64 bit.
When i go to the ati website to update my video driver I have a choice of notebook and the closest card to mine is mobility radeon hd 3200. If i choose integrated motherboard graphics my choice is radeon 3200 series. Which one is the right one? Does the hd part mean anything?

Aiden
02-04-2011, 09:10
edit: im an idiot

Mobility drivers all the way

GIockGuy24
02-04-2011, 09:11
With laptops it's much better to get video drivers from the laptop maker's website (Gateway in this case) than using generic video drivers. I'd only get them somewhere else if the maker didn't have them for the operating system installed. When the maker quits updating them there's usually nothing to gain using newer versions on that laptop.

I would think that "mobility radeon hd 3200" would be right for a laptop. But I'd try to stay with Gateway's drivers.

gemeinschaft
02-04-2011, 09:13
Download the one for the integrated graphics.

+1 Use the 3200 series driver.

I personally like getting the drivers from the actual manufacturer, many times they are more up to date than the company that tossed it into their product.

Aiden
02-04-2011, 09:54
Since you're on a laptop, the Mobility drivers should be for you. Ignore my first comment.

I was mistakenly assuming the integrated motherboard drivers applied to any integrated graphics chips when I said go with that.

For what its worth, Nvidia has less confusing naming schemes. :)