Joplin Misouri Visit? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Joplin Misouri Visit?

AR-Black
02-05-2011, 07:19
Going there for business in March.

Any good indoor ranges? Anything across the border in Kansas or Oklahoma within an hour's drive of Joplin?

rick417
02-22-2011, 14:58
No indoor ranges here. There are a couple USPSA matches if you are here on the weekend.

There is an indoor range about an hour south in Ar. and one about 1 1/2 hour west in Tulsa. There may be one open in Springfield now but I don't generally travel that direction.

PM me if you need any more local info.

rjgraves
04-07-2011, 17:25
So, how did your Joplin visit go? Did you get to shoot anywhere?

AR-Black
04-11-2011, 11:45
WOW, forgot all about this thread. No, my business trip was postponed until further notice.

I did take the family to Branson for three nights last week. Took a J-Frame .38 for pocket carry (Floriday non-resident CCW). I do prefer the Glock 27, but my wife does not have a permit, and is much more comfortable with a revolver. No - I did not leave it in the hotel dresser drawer either.

We went to: Chinese acrobats, Noah's Ark, Vanbraunt Magic Show, Titanic Museum, Table Rock Lake & toured dam (locked revolver in gun-vault in vehicle, but security at the dam was a joke anyway). Also visited the Laura Ingalls Wildner museum in Mansfield. An excellent family trip, dropped just under $1k including fuel, hotel, food, and tickets (we've been saving for a while for this).

Went to the Marble Slab Creamery at the Branson Landing, 9-year old gets a VANILLA CONE for $6. Go Figure! Kids are amazing!

Bad part - left my digital camera in the pool room at the hotel. My fault. Remembered it the next morning but it was gone - someone stole it. Had dozens of pictures from the trip, my daughter was saddened because she likes to make scrap book pages and those were her pictures. Wife could not believe someone did not turn it into the desk. I know most people would, but I told her she has too much faith in humanity.

Good part - got away from work for a whole week! Got away from the house with too many projects! Spent awesome time with family!