Help me get unstuck [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Help me get unstuck

SergeantC
02-05-2011, 14:10
OK, so this is embarrassing . . .

Earlier today, I was practicing loading my Marlin 60 with snap caps. I seem to have got a snap cap stuck inside the inner magazine tube, the part that pushes against the rounds.

How can I get it out?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Another Miller
02-05-2011, 15:13
You're going to have to take it apart.Take the trigger assembly out in order to get at that area.http://www.castbullet.com/misc/m60.htm

DJ Niner
02-05-2011, 21:42
OK, so this is embarrassing . . .

Earlier today, I was practicing loading my Marlin 60 with snap caps. I seem to have got a snap cap stuck inside the inner magazine tube, the part that pushes against the rounds.

How can I get it out?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.Put on some safety glasses, first. Then...

Unlock and remove the inner magazine tube from the weapon. Check the tube for evidence of any dents near the area where the round is stuck. If the inner tube is dented, then I'd stop there and buy a new tube assembly, because even if you get the round out, there is a possibility of it happening again, perhaps with a LOADED round (much more dangerous; it might pop-through into the mechanism unannounced, and at a bad time).

If the round is visible near the bottom end of the tube, use a thin screwdriver or short cleaning rod to press on the base of the round, and then release pressure on it suddenly. This should help it "pop" past whatever is holding it in the tube.

If that doesn't work, use a can of spray lube with a long thin tube-type nozzle to spray some lubricant around the rim of the stuck round, then try the push-it-with-a-screwdriver thing again.

If THAT doesn't work, hose it with the lube again, prop it up vertically with the open end up, and rubber-band a plastic bag over the open end (to catch anything/everything that might pop-out even if you're not around when it happens). Let it sit like that for a few days, or even a week. Then try the poke-it trick again.

If none of the above works, I'm stumped.

SergeantC
02-09-2011, 20:36
Put on some safety glasses, first. Then...

Unlock and remove the inner magazine tube from the weapon. Check the tube for evidence of any dents near the area where the round is stuck. If the inner tube is dented, then I'd stop there and buy a new tube assembly, because even if you get the round out, there is a possibility of it happening again, perhaps with a LOADED round (much more dangerous; it might pop-through into the mechanism unannounced, and at a bad time).

If the round is visible near the bottom end of the tube, use a thin screwdriver or short cleaning rod to press on the base of the round, and then release pressure on it suddenly. This should help it "pop" past whatever is holding it in the tube.

If that doesn't work, use a can of spray lube with a long thin tube-type nozzle to spray some lubricant around the rim of the stuck round, then try the push-it-with-a-screwdriver thing again.

If THAT doesn't work, hose it with the lube again, prop it up vertically with the open end up, and rubber-band a plastic bag over the open end (to catch anything/everything that might pop-out even if you're not around when it happens). Let it sit like that for a few days, or even a week. Then try the poke-it trick again.

If none of the above works, I'm stumped.

That got it. Thanks.