Decided On My Centennial 1911 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Decided On My Centennial 1911

Ruggles
02-05-2011, 15:56
Well after looking around it came down to the Brown or the Nighthawk. Going with the Nighthawk as I prefer the spur hammer, GI sights and overall look, just a little embellishment but no too much IMO. Looks pretty traditional overall, which I like.

The Brown is extremely nice as well but I have a Brown but no Nighthawk so.....

Not crazy about the green grips but NH is going to ship with wooden grips as well now.

http://i54.tinypic.com/2vsjkwk.jpg

I think the wood grips greatly improve the look of the gun overall. Not going to be a safe queen at all but no harm in looking good either. :supergrin:

Do not need a 1911 but hey it's the centennial so I have to get it this year right ????? I mean I would be a fool to miss this 1 in a 100 chance right ???? :)

Buying it though that crack dealer George. :supergrin:

Hokie1911
02-05-2011, 16:01
George is a bad, bad man. Congrats bro. :thumbsup:

Ruggles
02-05-2011, 16:10
George is a bad, bad man. Congrats bro. :thumbsup:

Nicest bad man around. The guy you love to hate :rofl:

thecableguy
02-05-2011, 17:13
Congrats man. I want to see pics of it by someone who actually has one. How long is the wait time on that bad boy?

knedrgr
02-05-2011, 17:33
Not crazy about the green grips but NH is going to ship with wooden grips as well now.

I actually like those green grips. Dibs if you want to get rid of them. :supergrin:

Congrats on the purchase.

Cobra64
02-05-2011, 19:20
Well done Ruggles! It's what an anniversary model should be... Simple, tailored, authentic.

airflyer
02-05-2011, 19:42
Very nice I think it's cool to get a centennial ,looking forward to nighthawk some day

rsxr22
02-05-2011, 20:23
Very nice I think it's cool to get a centennial ,looking forward to nighthawk some day

I do too and Ive only been waiting 2 months :crying:

bac1023
02-05-2011, 21:50
Very nice Ruggles.

I'm looking forward to the pics. :)

Ruggles
02-05-2011, 23:29
Thanks all.

As for wait time I am not even sure they are building them yet, George is only taking reservations at this time. No ideal on final wait time. :dunno:

And the green grips will go up for sale :supergrin: I have really recently gravitated towards wood grips for some reason. Have 3 sets of Wilson non wood grips I need to put up for sale when I get a chance. Even the mammoth ivory grips I had made for the bobtail have been taken off the Kobra Carry. They are beautiful grips but darn if I do not like the feel of the wood grips better. They might go up for sale as well. Who knows, I may get past my wood grips fetish and go back to them :rofl:

At first I was not crazy about the "We The People" as it really has no direct bearing on the 1911 IMO. Seemed out of place to me. But it grew on me and if in celebrating the 1911 we are celebrating the American spirit and experience what better words than three that started it all. :)

Never had a Nighthawk but have had or still have the other 3 of the "big 4" semi custom maker so this will maybe quench my 1911 desires. :rofl:

alabaster
02-05-2011, 23:47
Thanks all.

Never had a Nighthawk but have had or still have the other 3 of the "big 4" semi custom maker so this will maybe quench my 1911 desires. :rofl:

Doubt it! Good luck with that though, my man!

Ruggles
02-05-2011, 23:50
Doubt it! Good luck with that though, my man!

Yeah I was already doubting it before I finished typing it.

A fella gotta have a Wilson Protector in .38 Super with a light rail on it doesn't he?

awpk03s
02-06-2011, 01:30
I really like the Nighthawk model most of any of the other makers, save for the stupid green grips. I think that's a very fine pistol, can't wait to see some real life pics.

craig19
02-06-2011, 07:15
Congrats, looks really nice.