21SF or Gen4? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 21SF or Gen4?

Russell Lang
02-06-2011, 10:16
Does anyone really know if the Gen4 will have a shorter trigger reach than the current SF, or will it be the same size frame with the new grip surface and mag release?

castroj
02-06-2011, 23:12
I recently acquired the latest issue of the Glock Autopistols magazine for 2011. On page 83 they have a great table showing what types of Glocks are currently avaiable. On this table it shows that there are no Gen4s for the Glock 21 and only the SF is currently available. Also on page 6 there is an article that explains the features found on the new Gen4s. It states that the 2 grips that come with the Gen4 are considered Medium and Large(being the regular size we find on Gen3s). With the use of the Gen4 without any of the grips, it is the size of a SF. I hope this helps. Later - John :cool:

Russell Lang
02-07-2011, 18:26
Several forum members mentioned that the Gen4 G-21 was due to be released around May. I was just wondering if the grip would be smaller than the 21SF, or the same size(without the medium or large backstraps)

G21H30
02-12-2011, 06:41
Listen carefully to what Chris Edwards says in the video (GEN 4 G-21)

http://www.downrange.tv/blog/down-range-videos/shot-show-2011/

quinnt
02-24-2011, 11:19
It should have the interchangeable backstraps so there should be a slimmer one.

Makoman
03-01-2011, 23:33
I spoke with Glock this morning because I've been itching for an SF, but been debatiing to see if the Gen 4's will be coming out soon. They told me to expect the Gen 4's to be on dealer shelves in April.

That being said, the main reason I wanted the Gen 4 is because I wanted to get it in RTF finish. The rep told me the 21 won't be offerred in RTF, so I think I'm going to just go this weekend and get the SF after all, the only othe reason to buy the Gen 4 really is for the different backstraps, the smallest of which will be SF size and that's the whole reason I wanted an SF, because the standard size was too big for me, so getting the interchangeable backstraps would be pointless for me.

Other than that, I don't see any other real benefit to the Gen 4 except maybe that it's going to have that new, dual recoil spring assembly. I'm really interested to see how a 21 with that set-up feels to shoot. Then again though, the current set-up is tried and tested so I'm not sure about being one of the first kids on the block to get the Gen 4 in case it possibly has some kinks.

hoosier#17
03-02-2011, 07:22
Did they a say a carbine next year or am I just tired?:yawn:

Makoman
03-02-2011, 09:45
I didn't ask but that's what the video says.

Makoman
03-02-2011, 09:45
I didn't ask but that's what the video says.

ArmyDoc
05-25-2011, 19:48
Listen carefully to what Chris Edwards says in the video (GEN 4 G-21)

http://www.downrange.tv/blog/down-range-videos/shot-show-2011/

The G21 slide (in gen 3) is lighter than the G20... but in the video it looks like the rales are all one thickness, like the current G20. Anyone else notice this?