Wilson +2 extension [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Wilson +2 extension

glockrod
02-06-2011, 09:21
Is it really that sturdy that no barrel clamp is needed?

The +2 on my 18.5" barrel will be even with the end of the barrel. Is the extension tough enough to handle not being ripped off somehow?

I have heard good things about the Wilson and it is cheaper than the Remington extension, but it just leaves me wondering what to do.

On a side note, I think I will be getting a Mesa sidesaddle.

Rod

mainegunner
02-06-2011, 10:42
I will let you know as soon as my comes in. I ordered one for my 870P and it should be in tomorrow i'm hoping. The mesa side saddle is very nice I have one on my 870 tactical.

Bill G
02-06-2011, 10:44
It is that sturdy, no barrel clamp is needed.

Take Care All,:supergrin:
Bill G

aippi
02-06-2011, 12:53
The Wilson has a stand alone mag tube coupling that is heavy enough not to need a barrel bracket.

It will not end flush with the end of your barrel as it will be about 1/2" short of that. That is simply not an issue.

I use the Wilson on my personal weapons. I have 80 Remington LE 2 shot extension sitting out in my shop so cost is not an issue for me. Performance is and issue and the Wilson is one of the best tube extensions made. So, all my personal Remington Shotguns have the Wilsons on them.

bsg1
02-06-2011, 13:10
The Wilson has a stand alone mag tube coupling that is heavy enough not to need a barrel bracket.

It will not end flush with the end of your barrel as it will be about 1/2" short of that. That is simply not an issue.

+1 on this.

22highcaps
02-06-2011, 15:42
The Wilson is indeed a tough extension.

However, the mag tube it threads on to is not any tougher because it is there. Even with a Wilson extension, one hard knock could damage the threads and require you to send the gun back to Remington so that a new mag tube can be installed.

Hence I use a Clark clamp on my Wilson +2.

glockrod
02-06-2011, 16:57
Thanks all for the info.

My concern was when battling "the predator" that the extension would break off rendering my shotgun useless.

Heck, what am I thinking. I would be dead so fast against "the predator", I wouldnt have time to think about being one of its trophy skulls.
Yes, I watched Predator II last nite, so this is for jest.

However, my concern for the extension failing is a concern that I felt important enough to ask the GT concensus opinion, esp. aippi.

When I can free up the $, this will be my 870 equipment.

Rod