this gets on my nerves.. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : this gets on my nerves..

Pages : [1] 2

thecableguy
02-06-2011, 12:22
http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=302712

Guy buys a LB from looking at the pictures it doesn't look right. The OP is asking for opinions and guys on there are telling him to go shoot it and forget about what he is upset about. Excuse me but if I pay 2000 for a semi-custom and it looks like that I am not going to shoot it and forget about the things that aren't right. I it were a Kimber or some other brand he probably would of got talk down on for buying an inferior 1911. I wonder if some of these guys were to go buy a ZR-1 and it had mismatched wheels would they forget about it after they drove it. That thread just goes to show how much fanboyism runs rampant on some of these forums.
Sorry about the rant but threads like those just irk the hell out of me.
Off soap box now.

MD357
02-06-2011, 12:30
No it just shows now nancified some 1911 owners have become. They think that spending $2K on a 1911 should mean it's superficially perfect, rather than focus on function. He should just man up and go shoot it.. IMO.

Quack
02-06-2011, 12:35
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_e1ixLAraWv0/TQplM85S2yI/AAAAAAAACig/MmR5s_I3I8c/s400/grinds-my-gears1.jpg

CharlestonG26
02-06-2011, 12:41
No it just shows now nancified some 1911 owners have become. They think that spending $2K on a 1911 should mean it's superficially perfect, rather than focus on function. He should just man up and go shoot it.. IMO.

Or...it could show that increased knowledge engenders a higher level of expectations.

thecableguy
02-06-2011, 12:44

Are you kidding me. It has nothing to do with being nancified it is paying for something that is advertised as being one of the tightest guns and well built 1911s' around and getting something that you would expect from a regular (i.e. not semi-custom) 1911. Maybe for you 2 grand is a drop in the bucket but for me it's not. If and when I buy a Baer it is going to be because of the reputation they have as being a solid well put together 1911, but you better believe that if I end up with something like that it is going right back. I don't care if the gun shoots the wings of a fly in mid flight I want exactly what I paid for because that is what they advertise, and the reason I purchased their product.
I install cable tv for a living and if I came to your house and installed it and left it looking grainy would you be all right with that? I mean after all tv isn't that important anyways you will still be able to make out what they look like and hear everything.

GJ1981
02-06-2011, 12:52

:agree:

Anytime someone uses the "slide/frame" as a complaint, it makes me wonder, but it is the end-all of a 1911 :upeyes:.

Oh noes, it racks easily, who'd want that? Baers commonly have the crooked hammer strut problem, but I remember the 25,000 round TRS having the same and it not causing any problems.

I don't see the problem, boohoo, it isn't 100% perfect. I've seen 1911's twice the price of a TRS and have flaws. Hell, I don't think I own a 1911 that I can't find some type of flaw on.

I think too many people are worried about looks, after all, look for the threads about "How do I stop holster wear" and similar ":aodnsb:".

The more I think about, I question how many are actually shot, and not just with a camera.

But just for safety, I'll make the call

http://i54.tinypic.com/6tjxcm.jpg

Ruggles
02-06-2011, 12:54
Just my .02

1. Baer 1911s are too tight to begin with so a "loose" Baer is a good thing IMO. I do not want a work out when working the slide on a 1911 :dunno: I know others disagree but the only Baer I have owned was too tight for my taste.

2. The pictures do not look bad to me at all. The TRS is a working gun not a safe queen by any means. I would bet that TRS shoots and shoots and shoots. There is nothing present in those pics I would be concerned about for reliability.

3. I can understand the thought process that a $2000 1911 should be "perfect" but IMO that is not reality. The price is based on workmanship and parts, not artistic perfection. Not at the $2000 level anyways.

4. That guy really hated FCS, he sold a TRS to buy a TRS without FCS :supergrin: Can not blame him as FCS are the devil's work but not sure I would sell a 1911 to turn around and buy the exact 1911 without them. But the man knows what he wants and goes for it :supergrin:

5. Unless one collects 1911s (and that is a heck of a nice hobby to have) then take the darn gun out and shoot it, don't worry about the cosmetics issues or perceived mechanical issues based on "looseness".

The old guy is celebrating his 100th year, quit insults his manhood, he ain't meant to be pretty just deadly :tongueout:

And I agree holster wear is sweet. I ordered my Brown KC with no Gen III cause I like honest holster wear. Nothing as sweet as a holster worn blue 1911 IMO. My CQB Compact already has holster wear and some dust cover wear in the ArmorTuff finish. It's honest and I like it :)

MD357
02-06-2011, 12:55
Or...it could show that increased knowledge engenders a higher level of expectations.

One of these days said people believing they have "increased knowlege" might actually graduate to owning full house customs, then they might realize how cosmetically imperfect some semi-customs are or can be. Now if this gun is reliable and shoots like a laser like most LBs do from my experiences then he should quite whining, if not then he should send it back. Otherwise, the diaper filled safe/white glove crowd needs to realize that these things are tools, not works of art. If you want a work of art, call up one of the LTW smiths.

Gunshine
02-06-2011, 13:02
http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=302712

Guy buys a LB from looking at the pictures it doesn't look right. The OP is asking for opinions and guys on there are telling him to go shoot it and forget about what he is upset about. Excuse me but if I pay 2000 for a semi-custom and it looks like that I am not going to shoot it and forget about the things that aren't right. I it were a Kimber or some other brand he probably would of got talk down on for buying an inferior 1911. I wonder if some of these guys were to go buy a ZR-1 and it had mismatched wheels would they forget about it after they drove it. That thread just goes to show how much fanboyism runs rampant on some of these forums.
Off soap box now.

I read the post and tend to agree. I would send it back. I understand the go shoot it and don't worry about advice but this is more about aesthetics and the perception of quality then function.

Rinspeed
02-06-2011, 13:12
What kind of sissy gets rid of a perfectly good 1911 just because it has FCS. :upeyes:

polizei1
02-06-2011, 13:18
What kind of sissy gets rid of a perfectly good 1911 just because it has FCS. :upeyes:

Yea really...I just wouldn't even buy one from the beginning! :rofl:

zigzagg321
02-06-2011, 13:44
If other $2k Baer's are better fit that that $2k Baer... Id be wanting a different Baer for my $2k.

The folks that say STFU and go shoot it, probably didnt spend $2k on an ill fitting Baer.

glock2740
02-06-2011, 13:50
Question.
Yea really...I just wouldn't even buy one from the beginning! :rofl:
Answer. And my thoughts exactly.

Nakanokalronin
02-06-2011, 14:37
http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/137/l_fd415f08302a469291a5f8925740d008.gif

A small amount of slide to frame play is good for reliability. If he complained about play between the barrel and bushing in full lock up THEN he would have something to complain about.

MD357
02-06-2011, 14:46
Are you kidding me. It has nothing to do with being nancified it is paying for something that is advertised as being one of the tightest guns and well built 1911s' around and getting something that you would expect from a regular (i.e. not semi-custom) 1911.

Sure it is. People that don't shoot their 1911s worry about stuff like this. Les Baer is known for having reliable, accurate guns with a good lockup, not for blending the rear of the slide.

Maybe for you 2 grand is a drop in the bucket but for me it's not.

That's not what I said. I said that they are tools and people need to realize that a 2K 1911 may or may not be perfect COSMETICALLY. They can be PERFECT TOOLS however.

If and when I buy a Baer it is going to be because of the reputation they have as being a solid well put together 1911, but you better believe that if I end up with something like that it is going right back. I don't care if the gun shoots the wings of a fly in mid flight I want exactly what I paid for because that is what they advertise, and the reason I purchased their product.

Most people purchase their products to defend their lives or to put rounds downrange reliably and accurately. Looking absolutely perfect through a microscope in the safe or holster is generally a secondary concern to experienced 1911 shooters.

I install cable tv for a living and if I came to your house and installed it and left it looking grainy would you be all right with that? I mean after all tv isn't that important anyways you will still be able to make out what they look like and hear everything.

That's a REALLY reaching analogy and makes no sense. Grainy TV would be like poor accuracy or a FTF every mag. FWIW, I've NEVER seen a cable guy do a cosmetically perfect install. (not that I expect them to)

My advice is that you should never buy a 1911 in the 2K range because once again, these aren't works of superficial art, they never were meant to be.

GeorgiaRedfish
02-06-2011, 14:47
IF I dropped that kind of coin on a 1911, that is known for a TIGHT 1911 and mine is up to snuff. I would call and try and get it fixed. I don't care if its okay or purely cosmetic. If I want something fitted poorly I would bought a production gun with the same features and half the cost.

Ruggles
02-06-2011, 15:00
To each their own but simple put from those pictures there is nothing mechanically wrong with that 1911. Certainly I would not categorized that as poor fitting. Gun may be a lemon but that can not be determined from those pictures.

The "play" he speaks about is normal on a 1911 but of course we have no ideal how much there is from a simple text description so it is hard to say if it is an issue on that gun.

Why someone would want a slide that is not smooth & easy to work by hand I have no ideal, a tight slide does not improve performance in anyway that I know. Bragging rights maybe? If that is the case I rather show a friend a nice smooth slide action than a bank vault.

Tightest slide I ever had on a 1911 was a $500 STI Spartan. Baer, Brown, Wilson all had "looser" slide action that that bank vault. IMO both the Spartan and the Baer were way to tight.

Cosmetics are something each of us has to decide on as to their importance.

I would be surprised if Baer did anything to "correct" the issues in that picture. I think they will say those are within specs.

I also agree that buying sight unseen is a gamble. I once bought a NIB S&W .45 ACP revolver from Buds, darn thing came without a front sight. Also bought the STI Spartan from them, had I been in a store no way I would have purchased a 1911 with a slide that tight.

MD357
02-06-2011, 15:08
If I want something fitted poorly I would bought a production gun with the same features and half the cost.

Doesn't exist. However, if you can find me a carbon steel frame and slide gun, tool steel parts, Kart barrel, undercut frame, checkering, and a bank vault lockup then I'm all ears.

GeorgiaRedfish
02-06-2011, 15:17
Doesn't exist. However, if you can find me a carbon steel frame and slide gun, tool steel parts, Kart barrel, undercut frame, checkering, and a bank vault lockup then I'm all ears.

You're right, but my point still stands if it wasn't what I expected and wasn't up to the companies normal standards I would be calling the manufacturers

Rinspeed
02-06-2011, 15:24
Good thing he didn't end up with this $2500 NHC. :rofl:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/Rinspeed/IMG_2921.jpg

GeorgiaRedfish
02-06-2011, 15:28
Good god I would've $*** bricks.

MD357
02-06-2011, 15:36
You're right, but my point still stands if it wasn't what I expected and wasn't up to the companies normal standards I would be calling the manufacturers

There is no proof that the gun isn't up to "normal" Baer standards yet.

zigzagg321
02-06-2011, 15:42

LOL....other than the poor slide to frame fit...and the hammer bushing doing a gangsta lean to the right...

GeorgiaRedfish
02-06-2011, 15:42
Isn't Baer's normal standards being one of the tightest 1911s out there?

DAT85
02-06-2011, 15:43
Good thing he didn't end up with this $2500 NHC. :rofl:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/Rinspeed/IMG_2921.jpg

Now that is worth *****ing about!
DAT85

glock2740
02-06-2011, 15:45
http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/137/l_fd415f08302a469291a5f8925740d008.gif

:rofl:Watched that movie again last night. Great flick. :cool:

GJ1981
02-06-2011, 15:48

Honestly, I think this is the most overblown aspects out there. Some Baer's are very tight, usually the 1.5", but the last 4-5 I've handled haven't been too bad.

My TRS could be racked fairly easily, and the barrel bushing could be turned by hand. I heard stories of how tight the BB's were, but that hasn't been my experience.

Despite the above, it's still the most accurate 1911 I own. I don't know why the "tightness" is such a big deal on 1911's in general.

glock2740
02-06-2011, 15:49
You've never talked to Les Baer have you? I'd like to hear how that conversation went. :tongueout::rofl:He'd tell you how to get a good tight fit on that slide by telling you to tightly fit it in your ass. :rofl:

GeorgiaRedfish
02-06-2011, 16:07
:rofl:HE seems like a dream to work with. I think I'll look else where at the end of this year for a semicustom 1911.

CharlestonG26
02-06-2011, 16:11
One of these days said people believing they have "increased knowlege" might actually graduate to owning full house customs, then they might realize how cosmetically imperfect some semi-customs are or can be. Now if this gun is reliable and shoots like a laser like most LBs do from my experiences then he should quite whining, if not then he should send it back. Otherwise, the diaper filled safe/white glove crowd needs to realize that these things are tools, not works of art. If you want a work of art, call up one of the LTW smiths.

Spoken like a "manly man"...but obviously...without the knowledge that it is possible to have both performance AND aesthetics.

MD357
02-06-2011, 16:11

I'd wager his standards are and always have been about performance?

LOL....other than the poor slide to frame fit...and the hammer bushing doing a gangsta lean to the right

Hammer bushing? My Baer has a slight "gangsta lean' in it's HAMMER STRUT.... just looked and so does my SACS gun. OH NOES!!! all this time and probably 10K+ combined rounds I should have sent it back!!!

Honestly, on the frame to slide fit complaint, I'm not seeing huge gaps, needs some blending, but I'd love to have this gun in front of me to see how much of a little girl w a skinned knee he is. :supergrin:

MD357
02-06-2011, 16:17
Spoken like a "manly man"...but obviously....

Eh, some internet heros just don't understand the difference and I was just putting it out there.

without the knowledge that it is possible to have both performance AND aesthetics

Agreed to a point, like I said, some just don't understand that with these types of guns you can find cosmetic flaws. Hint: I'm not the only OWNER in this thread to relay this.

However, only those relatively new to 1911 customs would believe that these guns are cosmetically works of art. They, like yourself just may not know any better. Once again, people need to visit louderthanwords if they want to see TRUE art and function.

HAIL CAESAR
02-06-2011, 16:20
You've never talked to Les Baer have you? I'd like to hear how that conversation went.:rofl:He'd tell you how to get a good tight fit on that slide by telling you to tightly fit it in your ass. :rofl:

Anytime someone uses the "slide/frame" as a complaint, it makes me wonder, but it is the end-all of a 1911 :upeyes:.

Oh noes, it racks easily, who'd want that? Baers commonly have the crooked hammer strut problem, but I remember the 25,000 round TRS having the same and it not causing any problems.

I don't see the problem, boohoo, it isn't 100% perfect. I've seen 1911's twice the price of a TRS and have flaws. Hell, I don't think I own a 1911 that I can't find some type of flaw on.

I think too many people are worried about looks, after all, look for the threads about "How do I stop holster wear" and similar "

The more I think about, I question how many are actually shot, and not just with a camera.

But just for safety, I'll make the call

http://i54.tinypic.com/6tjxcm.jpg

Just my .02

1. Baer 1911s are too tight to begin with so a "loose" Baer is a good thing IMO. I do not want a work out when working the slide on a 1911 :dunno: I know others disagree but the only Baer I have owned was too tight for my taste.

2. The pictures do not look bad to me at all. The TRS is a working gun not a safe queen by any means. I would bet that TRS shoots and shoots and shoots. There is nothing present in those pics I would be concerned about for reliability.

3. I can understand the thought process that a $2000 1911 should be "perfect" but IMO that is not reality. The price is based on workmanship and parts, not artistic perfection. Not at the $2000 level anyways.

4. That guy really hated FCS, he sold a TRS to buy a TRS without FCS Can not blame him as FCS are the devil's work but not sure I would sell a 1911 to turn around and buy the exact 1911 without them. But the man knows what he wants and goes for it
5. Unless one collects 1911s (and that is a heck of a nice hobby to have) then take the darn gun out and shoot it, don't worry about the cosmetics issues or perceived mechanical issues based on "looseness".

I was going to post something but it seems these guys and MD357 have it pretty much covered.

Rimcrew
02-06-2011, 17:30
Off soap box now.

Got nothing better to do than gossip, then run when you take some fire? :rofl:

Hokie1911
02-06-2011, 17:33
I was going to post something but it seems these guys and MD357 have it pretty much covered.

:agree: Alan, you said it perfectly.

Hokie1911
02-06-2011, 17:34
You've never talked to Les Baer have you? I'd like to hear how that conversation went. :tongueout::rofl:He'd tell you how to get a good tight fit on that slide by telling you to tightly fit it in your ass. :rofl:

:perfect10:

Joe, this is one of the best posts I have seen in a while. :animlol:

HAIL CAESAR
02-06-2011, 18:21
:perfect10:

Joe, this is one of the best posts I have seen in a while. :animlol:

I thought so to. I have talked to Les, and he would would say something like that. Only that is the nicest thing he might come up with.:rofl:

It's much to do about nothing if you ask me.

Ruggles
02-06-2011, 18:28
Ole Les is not known for his sugary approach to customer service is he.

HAIL CAESAR
02-06-2011, 18:38

Ahhhhh.....no. Not when you call him about stupid sheeet.

Hokie1911
02-06-2011, 18:46
Ahhhhh.....no. Not when you call him about stupid sheeet.

You mean telling him how to build his guns or how one isn't up to your spec is a bad idea? :rofl:

I'd love to hear his response to Redfish's "I'll take my business elsewhere" proclamation.

Ruggles
02-06-2011, 18:52
:rofl:HE seems like a dream to work with. I think I'll look else where at the end of this year for a semicustom 1911.

If customer service is a deal maker or breaker go with Wilson or Nighthawk. Brown and Baer are not known for theirs. Not to say they do not have it or that they do not care but they tend to be a wee bit more "protective" about the 1911s they build. They do not suffer fools (or what the perceive to be fools) very well.

If you want a shooter just do not go looking for a piece of artwork in a 1911 and you will be fine IMO. Look for quality parts and workmanship and an gun that shoots.

Save the pretty for a nice engraved over / under shotgun :)

HAIL CAESAR
02-06-2011, 18:58
You mean telling him how to build his guns or how one isn't up to your spec is a bad idea? :rofl:

I'd love to hear his response to Redfish's "I'll take my business elsewhere" proclamation.

I don't care for the way he builds his Commanders and CCO, and I know for certain he donít give a dang what I think.:rofl:

Rimcrew
02-06-2011, 18:59

I have not had occasion to speak with Les; however, I have spoken with several folks in his employ, and they were all fabulous to deal with.

From what I hear though, Les does not suffer fools gladly...

Rimcrew
02-06-2011, 19:00
I...I know for certain he donít give a dang what I think.:rofl:

Nevermind... :supergrin: :rofl:

cdunn
02-06-2011, 19:17
I realize I might be alone on this but,I don't remember what my slide to frame fit looks like or if I ever looked at it that close, all I know is that my NHC runs like a raped ape,I don't think I'm going to look either.

MD357
02-06-2011, 21:51
It's a gun...not a Barbie. Shoot it or collect Beanie Babies.

Hail Caesar, I had to repeat this quote over here..... it was just too funny not to. :rofl:

Hokie1911
02-06-2011, 21:53
Hail Caesar, I had to repeat this quote over here..... it was just too funny not to. :rofl:

:animlol:

Quack
02-06-2011, 21:54
{Playboy Penguin enters the room}

bac1023
02-06-2011, 23:13
If you want a work of art, call up one of the LTW smiths.

Yeah, those guys know how to do it right every time. :)

bac1023
02-06-2011, 23:14
:popcorn:

FLIPPER 348
02-06-2011, 23:23
lots of drama, glad I build my own!

Rinspeed
02-07-2011, 09:31

bac1023
02-07-2011, 09:37

:rofl::rofl:

Nickpisp
02-07-2011, 09:42
....glad I build my own!

And now the thread is complete!

thecableguy
02-07-2011, 10:05
Sure it is. People that don't shoot their 1911s worry about stuff like this. Les Baer is known for having reliable, accurate guns with a good lockup, not for blending the rear of the slide.

That's not what I said. I said that they are tools and people need to realize that a 2K 1911 may or may not be perfect COSMETICALLY. They can be PERFECT TOOLS however.

I agree that they are tools, but if you are paying that kind of money it should be cosmetically close to perfect.

Most people purchase their products to defend their lives or to put rounds downrange reliably and accurately. Looking absolutely perfect through a microscope in the safe or holster is generally a secondary concern to experienced 1911 shooters.
also agree with you,but when you can see the flaws with out a microscope then to me that is a problem

That's a REALLY reaching analogy and makes no sense. Grainy TV would be like poor accuracy or a FTF every mag. FWIW, I've NEVER seen a cable guy do a cosmetically perfect install. (not that I expect them to)
makes perfect sense. You are buying a product that is advertised as a great and clear picture and then not receiving it
My advice is that you should never buy a 1911 in the 2K range because once again, these aren't works of superficial art, they never were meant to be.
So know you are giving me advice on what I should and shouldn't buy? Sorry but I bought a WC that will be carried daily.
I am not here to try to start an argument. I was just stating a pet peeve of mine. Guy comes and asks for advice and people jump down his throat as if he were bad mouthing someone.

Rinspeed
02-07-2011, 10:39
And now the thread is complete!

:rofl:

nolt
02-07-2011, 11:28
http://www.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/80263_o.gif

Z28ricer
02-07-2011, 11:34
Wait wait, so, $2000 + on a "custom" gun, and its not expected to look perfect externally ?

Well, i'd really like someone to come along to the range and go round for round with me with one of these extremely overpriced pistols, and show me it do something worth the extra cost.

Hokie1911
02-07-2011, 11:39
Wait wait, so, $2000 + on a "custom" gun, and its not expected to look perfect externally ?

Well, i'd really like someone to come along to the range and go round for round with me with one of these extremely overpriced pistols, and show me it do something worth the extra cost.

You're joking right?

MD357
02-07-2011, 11:40
I agree that they are tools, but if you are paying that kind of money it should be cosmetically close to perfect

Again, the more experience one has with upper end 1911s the more this just isn't true. Take it from people that own them, the more you learn, the more you realize how "raw" most "semi-customs" can be relative to a full house custom.

also agree with you,but when you can see the flaws with out a microscope then to me that is a problem

Interesting, if you are shooting at the range will you notice? Would you notice shooting competition? OR god forbid, will the BG that broke into your home notice when you defend yourself, that your slide wasn't blended correctly and there was a .000000001 gap between the extractor and the tunnel? Hint: these are the reasons these guns are built.

So know you are giving me advice on what I should and shouldn't buy? Sorry but I bought a WC that will be carried daily.

Just sayin, hopefully you realize that when you carry that gun, it will wear?? :cool: I've seen a few "ZOMG!! my 1911's finish is wearing after I carried it!!" threads.

MD357
02-07-2011, 11:44

Eh, overpriced is a relative term. Maybe to someone that shoots 500rds a year on sunny days at the range. :cool:

Z28ricer
02-07-2011, 11:57
You're joking right?

Like I said, please, feel free, round for round, at the range, i'm not talking try to play with your 1" @ 50 yard, sniper pistol.

7-10 yds, reliability.

You're going to have an awful hard time showing an extra $2200 of worth, against a pistol that has been reliable for me for the past almost 4 years now....

Hokie1911
02-07-2011, 11:59
Just sayin, hopefully you realize that when you carry that gun, it will wear?? :cool: I've seen a few "ZOMG!! my 1911's finish is wearing after I carried it!!" threads.

Hold up. You're saying if I put my beloved expensive Ed Brown in a holster and actually wear it...the finish will show wear?!?!?! :faint:

Z28ricer
02-07-2011, 12:00
Eh, overpriced is a relative term. Maybe to someone that shoots 500rds a year on sunny days at the range. :cool:

The high end customs being "better" is relative also.

Sweet, your slide is .0001" tigher, and you can shoot 1" groups @ 50 yards, when you expect a real world defense need for 50 yd shooting with a pistol, please feel free to speak up.

In reality though, plenty of old 1911 colts, springfields, and kimbers keep going and going, and the people around here trying to bash them come up with an example or two of a bad pistol here and there, but someone posts up poor quality from one of the top shops and the world is coming to an end.

Hokie1911
02-07-2011, 12:01
Like I said, please, feel free, round for round, at the range, i'm not talking try to play with your 1" @ 50 yard, sniper pistol.

7-10 yds, reliability.

You're going to have an awful hard time showing an extra $2200 of worth, against a pistol that has been reliable for me for the past almost 4 years now....

Keep telling yourself that chief. You win, I feel my IQ slipping by even reading the crap spewing out of your troll mouth.

Z28ricer
02-07-2011, 12:01
Hold up. You're saying if I put my beloved expensive Ed Brown in a holster and actually wear it...the finish will show wear?!?!?! :faint:

Hold up, you're saying that if I take my Kimber to the range, and fire it, i'm going to have problems ?

HMPH

Z28ricer
02-07-2011, 12:03
Keep telling yourself that chief. You win, I feel my IQ slipping by even reading the crap spewing out of your troll mouth.

Keep assuming every pistol not hand fitted and lapped by some custom shop cannot, is not, and will not be reliable.

Oh boohoo, someone makes a logical point, quick, yell troll

Whatever makes you feel better about spending $3000, on a pistol built from $800 worth of parts, and functions the same as my ~$800 pistol.

MD357
02-07-2011, 12:20

True. Like I said, if it sits in the safe more often than not then you'll never notice a difference.

Sweet, your slide is .0001" tigher, and you can shoot 1" groups @ 50 yards, when you expect a real world defense need for 50 yd shooting with a pistol, please feel free to speak up

You're arguing with yourself here. Nobody is talking about a custom shooting 1" @ 50yds here.

In reality though, plenty of old 1911 colts, springfields, and kimbers keep going and going, and the people around here trying to bash them come up with an example or two of a bad pistol here and there, but someone posts up poor quality from one of the top shops and the world is coming to an end.

True, except I don't bash pistols, one has to realize that in today's market companies cut corners relative to long ago. Either way, I go by experiences in what works longterm and what doesn't. Better fitted 1911s with better parts have a much higher likelihood of lasting longer that's a fact with anything mechanical. There will always be the "I can do it cheaper" crowd, and more power to them. It's what they need to beat their chest.

Now the call out to the range is laughable, and intellecually dishonest. Nothing can be proved in one range session. Let's see what your gun does long term. Post detailed pics of the critical wear points @ 10K, 20K, 30K rounds and then we'll talk.

Hokie1911
02-07-2011, 12:25
Keep assuming every pistol not hand fitted and lapped by some custom shop cannot, is not, and will not be reliable.

Oh boohoo, someone makes a logical point, quick, yell troll

Whatever makes you feel better about spending $3000, on a pistol built from $800 worth of parts, and functions the same as my ~$800 pistol.

Guys like you bring up this crap frequently, and these threads turn about as pointless as the dribble coming from your keyboard. This makes about as much sense as saying my Omega is overpriced compared to your Timex, a BMW is overpriced compared to your Kia, blah blah blah. If you're a Bud man, good for you. I like better beer....but you're right...I probably overpay for that too. Your sense of "worth" is whatever it is. If a Kimber is your "be all end all gun"... congrats on finding 1911 nirvana.

If you like Kimber....good for you. Do I like Kimber? Sure...for what it is. A reasonably priced 1911. Does it go bang when you pull the trigger? Yep. I choose to spend more for a better quality 1911 (yes, after owning a Kimber and having zero issues with it)....that's my business. You want to roll around in asphalt and bang your Kimber and spill transmission fluid on it and whatever else...be my guest.

MD357
02-07-2011, 12:28

Woohooo.... I love bench racing on the internet. It's easy to call out someone when you know nothing will come of it. I've got a $375 Norinco I'd put up against your "~$800" pistol any day of the week!!!

Am I tough now? :rofl:

GeorgiaRedfish
02-07-2011, 12:28
Hokie you just feel like an idiot that you spent that much on your 1911 when you could've gotten a Llama for 300 STUPID

Ruggles
02-07-2011, 12:29
Not to be a rude SOB but.......

If one can not tell the difference between a $2200 semi custom 1911 and a $900 production 1911 when shooting it maybe they should shoot a different platform. The 1911 is not your platform. If you can not tell the difference between a $2200 semi custom and a $500 ploy gun then you must already be brain dead so what does it matter?:rofl:

The VAST majority of folks who buy semi custom 1911s are after performance not appearance. From a collecting viewpoint it would matter, from a shooting one not at all. Carrying concealed like I do the only one who ever sees my 1911 are my wife and she could careless :rofl:

MD357
02-07-2011, 12:31
Carrying concealed like I do the only one who ever sees my 1911 are my wife and she could careless :rofl:

Excuse me sir!! I can notice a poorly blended slide a mile away.

Hokie1911
02-07-2011, 12:33
Hokie you just feel like an idiot that you spent that much on your 1911 when you could've gotten a Llama for 300 STUPID

Actually, I feel like an idiot for even responding to this goofball.

http://arthropoda.southernfriedscience.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/facepalm.jpg

thecableguy
02-07-2011, 12:33

MD357 I understand your points and are dully noted and I hope that you understand where I am coming from. Now lets move on to something more productive like why Paul spent so much on a piece of junk. :tongueout:

Edited to add: sorry Paul I just realized that I did too. :crying:

Ruggles
02-07-2011, 12:34

Sweet, your slide is .0001" tigher, and you can shoot 1" groups @ 50 yards, when you expect a real world defense need for 50 yd shooting with a pistol, please feel free to speak up.

Kimbers, Springfields and Colts do not get bashed around here except by the occasional poster. Your implication that there is a large amount of 1911 snobbery here could not be farther from the truth.

Hell the guy with the most higher end 1911s carries a Kimber if memory serves.

Ruggles
02-07-2011, 12:37
Excuse me sir!! I can notice a poorly blended slide a mile away.

Well since I would be carrying concealed at the 3 o'clock position you would also be getting a good view of my fabulous ass if you were seeing my poorly blended slide :rofl:

thecableguy
02-07-2011, 12:38
Well since I would be carrying concealed at the 3 o'clock position you would also be getting a good view of my fabulous ass if you were seeing my poorly blended slide :rofl:

Hokie1911
02-07-2011, 12:39

MD357 I understand your points and are dully noted and I hope that you understand where I am coming from. Now lets move on to something more productive like why Paul spent so much on a piece of junk. :tongueout:

Edited to add: sorry Paul I just realized that I did too. :crying:

You spent more on your junk that I did on mine. Wait, that sounds kind of pornolicious. :whistling:

thecableguy
02-07-2011, 12:44
You spent more on your junk that I did on mine. Wait, that sounds kind of pornolicious. :whistling:

Actually it came out to the same price. :tongueout: and besides mine has a touch of blingaliciousness.:supergrin:

MD357
02-07-2011, 12:46

I guess I was more anal than I thought.

Mayhem like Me
02-07-2011, 13:01
I read the post and tend to agree. I would send it back. I understand the go shoot it and don't worry about advice but this is more about aesthetics and the perception of quality then function.

I do not think they woudl take it back for that.

Gunshine
02-07-2011, 14:09
Actually it came out to the same price. :tongueout: and besides mine has a touch of blingaliciousness.:supergrin:

I see the guys at the 1911 Forum are on to you. You one brand plastic gun lover.:rofl:

thecableguy
02-07-2011, 14:12
I see the guys at the 1911 Forum are on to you. You one brand plastic gun lover.:rofl:

:rofl: yeah I saw that.

Nickpisp
02-07-2011, 14:14
I guess I was more anal than I thought.

One more for the porn quote thread!

bac1023
02-07-2011, 14:37

Nakanokalronin
02-07-2011, 14:44
This thread = http://www.htcacademic.mnscu.edu/faculty/weigel-c/images/teetercl.gif

Money is either spent on looks, performance or both. Just like a car, you can have a badass engine, transmission, strengthened frame and tires but the body and interior looks like a rust bucket. You can have an awesome paint job, interior, big wings and flashy wheels but your only pushing 150hp at the wheels. You can also have both and have a car that looks as good as it performs.

Some feel a good amount of the cost of custom guns goes towards blending, beveling, slide and frame finish, melting, polished external parts, bobtails, special checkering and fancy grips which has nothing to do with shooting performance of the gun, and they would be correct. This is where some see no reason to spend that type of money on certain brands.

There are people that will take a good base slide and frame and have top of the line parts installed and overall it will be cheaper and have the same performance yet not have everything molded like a used bar of soap.

In reality its all about how one wants to go about it. Have a base and build it up or go all out and have it done for you with the extra benefit that all the parts will be like it was cut from one mold? I can tell you that I can get a frame and slide combo from any top of the line manufactures, get top of the line parts and not spend anywhere near $4000. I can see the argument for that.

I can also see the argument for buying a top of the line model from the get-go. Some people expect perfect results when they are spending large amounts of money on something where the example they saw was better looking than regular average guns. They get something that is out of the norm and it enrages them and want what they thought they where going to get.

Problem is not everyone thinks the same. I've seen 1911s that look like works of art and perform just as well. I've also seen, shot and owned pistols that have top of the line internals and shoot like a work of art but look like average everyday guns. I don't think they're crap because the ejector isn't perfectly flush with the surrounding slide. I'm more about performance than looks so I just could not see myself spending $4000 on a pistol of any make. I'd rather start with a top of the line frame and slide and go from there not worrying about if this is blending like a sheet of glass or that is fit like it was cut out of the frame.

Its hard to explain because I think of performance and someone else might want performance AND looks so if I say "I see no reason to spend $3000-$4000 on a 1911" you'll either get responses that agree or people that want all of that in their 1911s so their response will be that its worth it.

I do wish these companies could use the same build techniuqes they do on all their guns yet have a model that doesn't have parts blended like a used bar of soap to cut down on the cost. I do have lower end guns that have parts fit pretty damn flush and honestly thats good enough for me and see no reason to spend extra so I don't feel even a tiny microscopic gap or ridge.

I typed way to much. :shocked: I've given way to much fuel for both sides to quote and rip apart but, whatever.

Oh yea BTW, Bac....what color and style is your carpet? I think the only way to display one of my guns to the general public is on the ultimately accepted rug of choice. I don't feel anyone takes my guns seriously without the background of the chosen. http://serve.mysmiley.net/jumping/jumping0044.gif

ETA: Re-reading my post I know this site well enough that I will either get flamed or agreed with. Just read what I wrote guys and do not take it as a bashing of anyone buying any type of gun or spending a certain amount of money on one. I know subjects like this, especially on a 1911 section of a Glock forum (ironic isn't it) gets taken either the wrong way or out of context.

CAcop
02-07-2011, 15:14
When buying a 1911 stop and take a look at all the options. Take a look at the top gunsmiths who only put out a few dozen or less per year and charge you accordingly. Take a look at the roughest, cheapest 1911 you can find. Look at everything in between. Once you are done figure out what you are going to do with it.

Stick it in the safe only to take pictures of and send maybe a box of ammo through it that way you can proclaim how majestic the fit and finish is with pics to prove it on the internet. Of course leave out the pics of the target since YOU can't hit **** with it. Fine buy the most pristine pistol you can. One where everything is hand fitted and the final finish was provided by Tibetan yak hair brushes because everyone knows they provide the best polish unlike the Nepalese yak hair brushes.

Or it you are buying a range blaster to test all your handloads to make sure they will function or you got some corrosive ammo super cheap and don't care if the barrel gets eaten by corrosion withing a few years because you never clean the thing and you bare lube it. The thing could be made of used parts made of recycled auto parts for all you care.

If I were buying that LB for 2K I would not be that butthurt if it came in that condition. After all it is SEMI custom. Now if I called up Les and spoke with him one on one telling him exactly the slide to frame fit I wanted and he charged me accordingly above his semi custom prices yes I would be pissed. But if I called up and spoke to a flunky and said I'll take a #7 without FCS like I was ordering from Burger King and asking for no pickles I would not expect much.

Be an INFORMED consumer. Ask questions before you buy. Know what questions to ask. Don't take any one person's opinion.

When it came time to buy a 1911 for duty use I first took a look at my policy. The need for a firing pin safety narrowed the field significantly. Then I reviewed my actual use of firearms in my job. I reflected on the things I knew I needed over things that were "cool." I ended up with a Colt 1991A1. I made a few changes to it to suit my needs (left handed victim of slide bite with GI hammers). I will not weep if I get in a fight and it gets scraped up on pavement. A little cold blue will do wonders to a point. For the price I was not expecting much other than a basic gun that fit my needs and department policy. After two years of use it looks like it has been thrown onto a gravel road and kicked a few times. Some here would be horrified and would refinish it if it was theirs. I probably never will because next shift it is just as likely to get jacked up.

Now my first 1911 I ever owned has been customized. I basically called up and told them to make it the way I wanted it. It sits in my locker at work and I maybe shoot it once a year. I paid a lot for it and I am never carrying it again.

I probably have nearly the two extremes of the kinds of 1911s you can buy. I bought them for completely different reasons. I am happy with both because I went into it know what I wanted them for and what I was willing to pay for them.

I'm sorry but as much as the OP of that other site's thread might want he bought a semi production gun so he should be prepared for what it might end up like. I he doubled the money he might be right to expect more but he didn't so he either needs to come to terms with it or get rid of it.

ijacek
02-07-2011, 16:12
A guy should have bought a 700$ Colt and spend the rest on ammo/targets/training.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v185/jac3k/P2070265.jpg

Just sayin' :supergrin:

BTW that is a O1991 Colt I bought new last April!

GeorgiaRedfish
02-07-2011, 16:18
A guy should have bought a 700$ Colt and spend the rest on ammo/targets/training.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v185/jac3k/P2070265.jpg

Just sayin' :supergrin:

BTW that is a O1991 Colt I bought new last April!
If I paid 700 bucks on a gun it better be fitted a heck of a lot better than that!

Z28ricer
02-07-2011, 16:23
Apparently the guys preaching about their $3000 pistols, cant see past the sights, and comprehend, "for what someone is intending to use it for"

Oh and also somehow think I said the high end guns arent "better"

Theres a difference between spending a bunch on extras that wont ultimately make an appreciable difference, and getting what you're after without buying junk.

Kimber is far from some llama junk, or other bottom of the barrel manufacturers, some of you whine too much, especially when you're usually complaining about a part that will provide marginal better results for the majority of the customers, on weapons that are only around $1000

You want to drive a ferrari enzo to get grocerys and run to walmart, thats fine, just know you're likely to get beat by a few guys with "low end junk" when you take your showpiece to the track.

ijacek
02-07-2011, 16:32
If I paid 700 bucks on a gun it better be fitted a heck of a lot better than that!

See the thing of it is, I don't know any better, have no idea what it should REALLY look like, and... oh yeah - I can live with that, just the way it is!

GeorgiaRedfish
02-07-2011, 16:35
See the thing of it is, I don't know any better, have no idea what it should REALLY look like, and... oh yeah - I can live with that, just the way it is!
Sorry forgot the smiley.

ijacek
02-07-2011, 16:49
Sorry forgot the smiley.

:supergrin:

bac1023
02-07-2011, 16:51

How are they extremely overpriced?

That's the going price and they sell by the thousands. Gunsmiths don't come cheap.

bac1023
02-07-2011, 16:54
Apparently the guys preaching about their $3000 pistols, cant see past the sights, and comprehend, "for what someone is intending to use it for"

Oh and also somehow think I said the high end guns arent "better"

Theres a difference between spending a bunch on extras that wont ultimately make an appreciable difference, and getting what you're after without buying junk.

Kimber is far from some llama junk, or other bottom of the barrel manufacturers, some of you whine too much, especially when you're usually complaining about a part that will provide marginal better results for the majority of the customers, on weapons that are only around $1000

You want to drive a ferrari enzo to get grocerys and run to walmart, thats fine, just know you're likely to get beat by a few guys with "low end junk" when you take your showpiece to the track.

:upeyes:

Z28ricer
02-07-2011, 17:12
How are they extremely overpriced?

That's the going price and they sell by the thousands. Gunsmiths don't come cheap.

Marginally "better" for maximum added cost.

Numerous owners of them around have admitted often that they're now overpriced, used to be much more reasonably priced and a much better value.

Sorry, $3000 + for a WC, on something thats ultimately going to be made from similar priced raw materials as half the other stuff around, you might convince some fools theres THAT much work going on in there, but not me.

http://www.wilsoncombat.com/p_ulc-compact.htm

Sure, a handful of small parts are going to be better quality, but overall the majority of the gun isnt going to last "longer" ultimately in a realistic sense, than joe, bob, or mikes springfield, or colt.

Z28ricer
02-07-2011, 17:13

Got a ferrari, or some other "supercar" you'd like to bring out for some fun ?

Z28ricer
02-07-2011, 17:16
Wait for it...

Wait for it, i'll see that comment about "oh you'll see, in 20,000 rounds, you're gonna get it buddy "

hahahaha

If you really want to compare round count like that, i've got a "junk" low dollar glock I'd LOVE to see tested round for round VS something "high end"

Again, dont go taking this as "you're stupid for buying a high end gun"

Just those that want to act like if you bought a kimber, colt, springfield, you've got junk because you didnt spend $3k on a "semi custom"... are foolish

bac1023
02-07-2011, 17:22
Marginally "better" for maximum added cost.

Numerous owners of them around have admitted often that they're now overpriced, used to be much more reasonably priced and a much better value.

Sorry, $3000 + for a WC, on something thats ultimately going to be made from similar priced raw materials as half the other stuff around, you might convince some fools theres THAT much work going on in there, but not me.

http://www.wilsoncombat.com/p_ulc-compact.htm

Sure, a handful of small parts are going to be better quality, but overall the majority of the gun isnt going to last "longer" ultimately in a realistic sense, than joe, bob, or mikes springfield, or colt.

As with everything you do reach a point of diminishing returns. However, that's not my point. My point is that if you want the best, you pay for it. I personally do not find them overpriced.

I find the lower priced guns perfectly fine and carry a Kimber every day, but I don't care for this sort of attitude from those who don't own the higher end models.

If you truly don't see the point of them, that's fine, but this sort of ranting sure sounds like jealously to me. :dunno:

bac1023
02-07-2011, 17:23
Got a ferrari, or some other "supercar" you'd like to bring out for some fun ?

Nah, I'm more of a Lotus guy myself. :wavey:

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu81/ollituc/000_0200bg.jpg

GeorgiaRedfish
02-07-2011, 17:26
Bac u be a stoopid mofo fo bying so many of dem dare pricey gats! I gots me 16k gold gat from Taurus thing is as smoof as my girl's 10 ton bootay.

bac1023
02-07-2011, 17:29
Bac u be a stoopid mofo fo bying so many of dem dare pricey gats! I gots me 16k gold gat from Taurus thing is as smoof as my girl's 10 ton bootay.

Yeah, that Taurus is HOT! :rofl:

GeorgiaRedfish
02-07-2011, 17:32
Yeah, that Taurus is HOT! :rofl:
and the fit is perfect, So it is a good buy

Z28ricer
02-07-2011, 17:33
Nah, I'm more of a Lotus guy myself. :wavey:
[/IMG]

Realistically now...

Someone buys a Kimber, roh roh roh, all the kimber bashing...

Same model as mine UltraCarryII

Say around $800

Picks up this, to eliminate all MIM bashing BS

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Frame-Parts-Kit-45-ACP-Stainless/productinfo/440SK/

So $1200, and spends, say $600 having the parts fitted.

Do you really expect me to think i'm going to gain $1450 worth of performance, longevity, or anything else useful, by spending that much more for "Wilson Combat" on the slide ?

GeorgiaRedfish
02-07-2011, 17:35
Realistically now...

Say around $800

Do you really expect me to think i'm going to gain $1450 worth of performance, longevity, or anything else useful, by spending that much more for "Wilson Combat" on the slide ?
I got a HiPoint that will give you $1450 worth of performance over your MIMber

Hokie1911
02-07-2011, 17:38
No, you would pretty much have a Kimber with $600 worth of upgraded parts, when you could have just spent $1,400 on a Dan Wesson Valor (or VBOB) which is a better gun that a Kimber with $600 worth of parts. Maybe you should stop hanging out at the local gunshop listening to the dudes behind the counter, because you are showing your ignorance more with every post. :dunno:

bac1023
02-07-2011, 17:40
Realistically now...

Say around $800

That's fine, but unfortunately your Kimber will most likely then be worth less than if you left it stock.

Also, you can get a Wilson CQB for just over $2K. You can get a Les Baer for $1600 or so. You don't need to spend $3000 for a semi-custom 1911.

To answer your question, yes, I'd rather spend another $600 to get a Wilson or even less to get a Baer than spend $1450 on a homespun Kimber that isn't worth anything. I'm actually being realistic.

Z28ricer
02-07-2011, 17:40
No, you would pretty much have a Kimber with $600 worth of upgraded parts, when you could have just spent $1,400 on a Dan Wesson Valor (or VBOB) which is a better gun that a Kimber with $600 worth of parts. Maybe you should stop hanging out at the local gunshop listening to the dudes behind the counter, because you are showing your ignorance more with every post. :dunno:

Thats great that a Vbob, or Valor is exactly what you want, high-five.

Z28ricer
02-07-2011, 17:42
That's fine, but unfortunately your Kimber will most likely then be worth less than if you left it stock.

Also, you can get a Wilson CQB for just over $2K. You can get a Les Baer for $1600 or so. You don't need to spend $3000 for a semi-custom 1911.

To answer your question, yes, I'd rather spend another $600 to get a Wilson or even less to get a Baer than spend $1450 on a homespun Kimber that isn't worth anything. I'm actually being realistic.

So far your main point is "value"

I dont care to get rid of what I buy, if i'm buying it, its because its worth keeping

I have yet to find any of the higher end offerings, in officer, or cco sizing, aluminum frame, and similar pricing to what you mention, sure it may be available out there, but for current offerings to just up and buy, the WC I listed is one of the main matches.

bac1023
02-07-2011, 17:43

I agree Paul. This is getting good.

I'm a Kimber fan, but I'll take them for what they are. I know what they are and what they aren't.

Hokie1911
02-07-2011, 17:43
Thats great that a Vbob, or Valor is exactly what you want, high-five.

...or a DW CCO if you want to go more apples to apples. Whichever. Same price vs your dressed up Kimber. You know what they say...

http://www.newsrealblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/lipstick-on-a-pig.jpg

GeorgiaRedfish
02-07-2011, 17:44
I can slap a turbo, new rims, and an aftermarket sound system on a 90's honda civic. Make it push 500hp but it won't make it a Lambo.
I bought a springfield GI because I know i want to customize how I want it. But if I add the 800.00 parts it will still not be worth 2k to anyone else. And I will also will have to get the frame, slide, and barrel all worked on and lapped by a good gunsmith to get it a tight grouping like a full or semi custom

Z28ricer
02-07-2011, 17:46
...or a DW CCO if you want to go more apples to apples. Whichever. Same price vs your dressed up Kimber. You know what they say...

Indeed, a relatively new offering from them apparently, and similar to what i'm already looking for, hey at least now i've got another on the list of possible's for my next :tongueout:

Hokie1911
02-07-2011, 17:46
I agree Paul. This is getting good.

I'm a Kimber fan, but I'll take them for what they are. I know what they are and what they aren't.

Ditto Brian. I liked my Pro Carry and had no issues with it. But when I was contemplating sending it to Chuck for more work after he flush crowned it....I realized that ultimately at the end of the day, it was still going to be a cosmetically enhanced Kimber (sorry Joe), and I'd rather put that money into a better pistol.

bac1023
02-07-2011, 17:47
So far your main point is "value"

I dont care to get rid of what I buy, if i'm buying it, its because its worth keeping

Not really.

My main point is being smart about your purchase and getting the best gun for your dollar. The best 1911 value for $1500 isn't a garage smithed $800 Kimber. :whistling:

I'm as big a Kimber defender as anyone on this forum, but the Custom II series is great in its price range, not above it. Spending $1500 on a Custom II series Kimber is downright foolish, when you could get a new Baer or used Wilson for a few bucks extra.

Z28ricer
02-07-2011, 17:47
I can slap a turbo, new rims, and an aftermarket sound system on a 90's honda civic. Make it push 500hp but it won't make it a Lambo.

Nope, it sure wont, but its still fun as hell to watch some kid in one completely blow the doors off someone who though he'd showoff in his "supercar"

GeorgiaRedfish
02-07-2011, 17:48
Nope, it sure wont, but its still fun as hell to watch some kid in one completely blow the doors off someone who though he'd showoff in his "supercar"
Or probably have to blow his own doors off of his steel sheet metal civic to reduce the weight to match a carbonfiber/fiberglass weight of a lambo.

Z28ricer
02-07-2011, 17:49
Not really.

My main point is being smart about your purchase and getting the best gun for your dollar. The best 1911 value for $1500 isn't a garage smithed $800 Kimber. :whistling:

I'm as big a Kimber defender as anyone on this forum, but the Custom II series is great in its price range, not above it. Spending $1500 on a Custom II series Kimber is downright foolish, when you could get a new Baer or used Wilson for a few bucks extra.

My main point was that the important parts to the gun, arent junk with a Kimber, or Springfield, and that for an EDC weapon, people acting like buying a kimber is going to net you junk, is just wrong.

Z28ricer
02-07-2011, 17:50
Or probably have to blow his own doors off of his steel sheet metal civic to reduce the weight to match a carbonfiber/fiberglass weight of a lambo.

A lamborghini murcielago weighs in at 3638 lbs

Most civics stock weigh in around 2600 lbs

My Nissan, a whopping 2800

.... whats all this carbonfiber lightweight stuff again ?

GeorgiaRedfish
02-07-2011, 17:51
My main point was that the important parts to the gun, arent junk with a Kimber, or Springfield, and that for an EDC weapon, people acting like buying a kimber is going to net you junk, is just wrong.
I know people who've had problems with Kimbers that might disagree.

bac1023
02-07-2011, 17:51
Ditto Brian. I liked my Pro Carry and had no issues with it. But when I was contemplating sending it to Chuck for more work after he flush crowned it....I realized that ultimately at the end of the day, it was still going to be a cosmetically enhanced Kimber (sorry Joe), and I'd rather put that money into a better pistol.

I only used Colts for base guns for that reason.

Z28ricer
02-07-2011, 17:52
I know people who've had problems with Kimbers that might disagree.

Problems can happen with anything, isnt this very thread started due to someone getting some high end gun, that everyone is always preaching about flawless tight fit on, and he receives his with sewing needle storage area between the slide and frame ?

bac1023
02-07-2011, 17:54

Race or not, the supercar still wins in the end. Nobody gives a rat's ass about some punk in a hopped up Civic.

...except maybe the cops. :whistling:

Hokie1911
02-07-2011, 17:54

No one is saying that at all. We are in disagreement with your assertion that a $800 Kimber is on the same level as ANY semi-custom. That is just either someone looking for an argument....or ignorant on the subject.

GeorgiaRedfish
02-07-2011, 17:55
I only used Colts for base guns for that reason.
Don't make me feel bad about using my Springer:notlistening:

I don't care I didn't buy mine as an investment. I got it for 400 bucks, and for a forged frame and slide I will deal with it not saying Colt on the side. Plus I hate how Colt's look. I will learn the ends and outs of a 1911 through and have one with all the things I want on it. My project fun gun.

Z28ricer
02-07-2011, 17:56
Race or not, the supercar still wins in the end. Nobody gives a rat's ass about some punk in a hopped up Civic.

2nd place is the first loser, show up with a "supercar" and get beat, you lose, its called racing, trying to comfort yourself with some logo on the front, or nice switch panel, isnt going to work, you still brought a knife to a gunfight, a very sharp knife, but a knife nonetheless.

bac1023
02-07-2011, 17:56
A lamborghini murcielago weighs in at 3638 lbs

Most civics stock weigh in around 2600 lbs

My Nissan, a whopping 2800

.... whats all this carbonfiber lightweight stuff again ?

Yeah, well my ZX-14 weighs under 500lbs and does 0-60 in 2 seconds and 0-100 in 5. :tongueout:

bac1023
02-07-2011, 17:58
2nd place is the first loser, show up with a "supercar" and get beat, you lose, its called racing, trying to comfort yourself with some logo on the front, or nice switch panel, isnt going to work, you still brought a knife to a gunfight, a very sharp knife, but a knife nonetheless.

Actually, that stuff comforts me very well.

Go watch the Fast and Furious and keep pumping money into that $1000 Civic.

Z28ricer
02-07-2011, 17:59
Yeah, well my ZX-14 weighs under 500lbs and does 0-60 in 2 seconds and 0-100 in 5. :tongueout:

Yeah, i'd rather keep my legs, around here, too many people cant drive.

I'll settle for 2800 lbs and 650HP with doors and metal to protect me :crying:

bac1023
02-07-2011, 18:00

I don't care I didn't buy mine as an investment. I got it for 400 bucks, and for a forged frame and slide I will deal with it not saying Colt on the side. Plus I hate how Colt's look. I will learn the ends and outs of a 1911 through and have one with all the things I want on it. My project fun gun.

That's cool. A project gun is different. I was referring to having someone build a full house custom.

Z28ricer

Actually, that stuff comforts me very well.

Sorry, I dont have a civic

Oh, whats so "super" about a "supercar" when you're getting beat by "regular" cars ?

thecableguy
You guys keep it up ricer boys' post count is going to be as high as Bacs'

GeorgiaRedfish
02-07-2011, 18:01
That's cool. A project gun is different. I was referring to having someone build a full house custom.
I got a full house! and I would customly make it like no one would want. File marks, shotty fitting, and nail polish finish.

bac1023
02-07-2011, 18:01
Sorry, I dont have a civic

That's a damn shame, they're great cars. :supergrin:

Z28ricer
02-07-2011, 18:03

For reliable transportation, indeed.

GeorgiaRedfish
Especially when you turbo charge those hamsters under the hood.

bac1023
You guys keep it up ricer boys' post count is going to be as high as Bacs'

Hey, let's not go that far...

...I'm trying to catch up to okie. I'll be halfway there in another year or so, as long as he stops posting completely. ;)

Mr. Gekko

Same logic as upgrading his Kimber....

Why someone would spend tens of thousands to make a Civic a "race car" is beyond me. Pretty funny if you ever need to sell it and get $5,000 for a car with 20k worth of extras.

bac1023
02-07-2011, 18:04
For reliable transportation, indeed.

I had one for years for that very purpose.

Bone stock, in fact. :)

Cobra64
02-07-2011, 18:04

You were lucky this time Brian. The Ferrari, not so much so.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/Davis1950/Cars/BACCRASH.jpg

bac1023
02-07-2011, 18:05
Why someone would spend tens of thousands to make a Civic a "race car" is beyond me. Pretty funny if you ever need to sell it and get $5,000 for a car with 20k worth of extras.

Yeah, that's the problem. You would probably be lucky to get $5000.

Not such a good investment.

bac1023
You were lucky this time Brian. The Ferrari, not so much so.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/Davis1950/Cars/BACCRASH.jpg

Z28ricer
Same logic as upgrading his Kimber....

Odd, i've seen used exotics that sell for far, far less than what they were new also.

Sure, some kids may spend $20k and sell for 5, some spend 5, and sell for 15...

bac1023
02-07-2011, 18:06
I got a full house! and I would customly make it like no one would want. File marks, shotty fitting, and nail polish finish.

GeorgiaRedfish
02-07-2011, 18:09
My business name is "****'s custom"

Hokie1911
02-07-2011, 18:10

I wouldn't worry about that. Mr Harrison can do amazing things with a Springfield...

http://www.harrisoncustom.com/Media/Gallery/DSC07221.JPG
http://www.harrisoncustom.com/Media/Gallery/DSC07326.JPG

GeorgiaRedfish
02-07-2011, 18:11
I wouldn't worry about that. Mr Harrison can do amazing things with a Springfield...

http://www.harrisoncustom.com/Media/Gallery/DSC07221.JPG
http://www.harrisoncustom.com/Media/Gallery/DSC07326.JPG
I would have sexual relations with these pistols. Too bad they aren't a 3.0 caliber, than I could make it a reality.

Hokie1911
02-07-2011, 18:15

Ha, that's what I drive. Sadly, it doesn't have any stuff to make it fast or cool. :rofl:

GeorgiaRedfish
02-07-2011, 18:16
Ha, that's what I drive. Sadly, it doesn't have any stuff to make it fast or cool. :rofl:
Ricer stickers? They add 10hp each.

gomerpyle
02-07-2011, 18:17
:rofl:From debating 1911's to ricers in 6 pages, that's got to be some kind of record. Almost as much entertainment as you get on Mustang & LS1 forums.

Z28ricer
02-07-2011, 18:17
No, you would pretty much have a Kimber with $600 worth of upgraded parts, when you could have just spent $1,400 on a Dan Wesson Valor (or VBOB)

Oh btw, thanks for making me check out DW again, as the last I checked on their offerings a cco wasnt available, and theirs looks like a great choice for my next.

We'll see what springfield says on my inquiry before I decide though :supergrin:

GeorgiaRedfish
02-07-2011, 18:18
Welcome to the 1911 subforum

Z28ricer
02-07-2011, 18:18
:rofl:From debating 1911's to ricers in 6 pages, that's got to be some kind of record. Almost as much entertainment as you get on Mustang & LS1 forums.

My ricer, has an LS1

:shocked:

Hokie1911
02-07-2011, 18:19
Oh btw, thanks for making me check out DW again, as the last I checked on their offerings a cco wasnt available, and theirs looks like a great choice for my next.

We'll see what springfield says on my inquiry before I decide though :supergrin:

They've been out a few years. :headscratch:

Nickpisp
02-07-2011, 18:19

They make a Civic minivan? :dunno:

guymontag
02-07-2011, 18:20
Arguing about 1911's is as useful as arguing about Springfield Trapdoors or Brown Bess muskets.

Z28ricer
02-07-2011, 18:21
They've been out a few years. :headscratch:

I think the last time I checked out DW's lineup was when I bought my kimber... in 2007 ?

Mr. Gekko
02-07-2011, 18:23
I think the last time I checked out DW's lineup was when I bought my kimber... in 2007 ?

Should have bought DW then. Too much cash to spend these days to get one.....

Hokie1911
02-07-2011, 18:25
They make a Civic minivan? :dunno:

Yeah numbnuts, it's called an Odyssey EX....which Mrs Hokie drives. I have the Civic EX. :shakehead: :tongueout:

Hokie1911
02-07-2011, 18:26

DW was a steal at $1k or less. Not so much where they are priced now.

Z28ricer
02-07-2011, 18:26

I'm finding the cco for $1250 or so ?

Doesnt seem at all unreasonable to me...

Hell I paid more than that for the kimber :rofl:

GeorgiaRedfish
02-07-2011, 18:27
Yeah numbnuts, it's called an Odyssey EX....which Mrs Hokie drives. I have the Civic EX. :shakehead: :tongueout:
The Odyssey aka the NutHanger.

Z28ricer
02-07-2011, 18:27

DW was a steal at $1k or less. Not so much where they are priced now.

$250 over a few years ? Doesnt seem THAT bad when Ive seen it mentioned that wc's "used to be" in the 1800~ range new, and they're 2500-3500 easily right now ?

gomerpyle
02-07-2011, 18:28
My ricer, has an LS1

:shocked:

No LSX or Warhawk? Arguing over production, semi-custom, custom is about like debating over an LS1, LSX, or Warhawk to the informed. A guy running 500rds a year at the range isn't the same as a guy running 500 a day. Same as a guy with a stock LS1 vs. a 1000HP Warhawk. BTW, I love the LS platform :)

Nickpisp
02-07-2011, 18:28

Sorry, didn't mean to insult your manhood.....

Mr. Gekko
02-07-2011, 18:30
$250 over a few years ? Doesnt seem THAT bad when Ive seen it mentioned that wc's "used to be" in the 1800~ range new, and they're 2500-3500 easily right now ?

Few years?

I'd pay up more and get something better these days.

Z28ricer
02-07-2011, 18:30
No LSX or Warhawk? Arguing over production, semi-custom, custom is about like debating over an LS1, LSX, or Warhawk to the informed. A guy running 500rds a year at the range isn't the same as a guy running 500 a day. Same as a guy with a stock LS1 vs. a 1000HP Warhawk.

What good is a 1000 HP warhawk going to do me daily driving ?

Oh and I already made the custom blueprinted arguement, again, i'm generally talking for EDC, just like daily driving, something run of the mill, not bottom of the junk pile, does just fine for normal use.

Z28ricer
02-07-2011, 18:33
Few years?

I'd pay up more and get something better these days.

Again, you're back into the splitting hairs "better" category, the "better" offerings for a similar weapon are substantially more $

$3250 for a similar offering to the dw cco mentioned, from WC

Again, for something to be on my hip every day, probably get paint overspray on it, possibly some weld spatter hit it, hell maybe get a little warm if my shirt catches fire welding, probably scraped along some asphalt, I really am not going to gain anything by having a WC on my side compared to the DW.

Hokie1911
02-07-2011, 18:33
Sorry, didn't mean to insult your manhood.....

I have 3 kids bro, the Odyssey is money for roadtrips....which I do a LOT. No other family truckster I'd rather have at the moment.

Z28ricer
02-07-2011, 18:34
Oh you honda guys are so behind, stickers are a thing of the past

If you dont have flake, you arent cool

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff177/Z28ricer/240sx/EPSN6119.jpg

:tongueout:

Nickpisp
02-07-2011, 18:36
I have 3 kids bro, the Odyssey is money for roadtrips....which I do a LOT. No other family truckster I'd rather have at the moment.

Just kidding man, anything that can haul that many dead hookers is good in my book. :thumbsup:

GeorgiaRedfish
02-07-2011, 18:37
Dead hookers are such a pain to transport.

Mr. Gekko
02-07-2011, 18:47
Again, you're back into the splitting hairs "better" category, the "better" offerings for a similar weapon are substantially more $

$3250 for a similar offering to the dw cco mentioned, from WC

Again, for something to be on my hip every day, probably get paint overspray on it, possibly some weld spatter hit it, hell maybe get a little warm if my shirt catches fire welding, probably scraped along some asphalt, I really am not going to gain anything by having a WC on my side compared to the DW.

What the hell is your attachment to Wilson? Did I say I would buy a Wilson? Jesus man, there is more in the market than WC. Plenty of good pistols, either new or used, that I would easily pay a bit more for more than a DW.

Z28ricer
02-07-2011, 18:49
What the hell is your attachment to Wilson? Did I say I would buy a Wilson? Jesus man, there is more in the market than WC. Plenty of good pistols, either new or used, that I would easily pay a bit more for more than a DW.

Please, feel free to point them out:

Officer or CCO

Aluminum frame

Hokie1911
02-07-2011, 18:51
www.fusionfirearms.com

GeorgiaRedfish
02-07-2011, 18:54
:rofl::rofl:www.fusionfirearms.com (http://www.fusionfirearms.com)

Z28ricer
02-07-2011, 18:55
www.fusionfirearms.com

I've been checking out their stuff for a while, and all the while there seems to be a lot of people ending up with issues on full built guns, and the recurring suggestions were for what I wanted, fusion parts wouldnt be a bad choice, just assembled by another shop.

:dunno:

*disclaimer* nobody take this as me saying fusion is no good, sucks, wont buy em

Just didnt like what I found when looking.

DW cco is still the only runner for my springfield custom shop inquiry, and doesnt look like a bad choice.

Hokie1911
02-07-2011, 18:59
I've been checking out their stuff for a while, and all the while there seems to be a lot of people ending up with issues on full built guns...

Funny....a lot of people say the same thing about Kimber. :rofl:

Hokie1911
02-07-2011, 19:00
...and don't worry, you won't get much of an argument in here about Fusion being substandard. :thumbsup:

Z28ricer
02-07-2011, 19:02
Funny....a lot of people say the same thing about Kimber. :rofl:

I considered this for a bit, who knows maybe they wouldnt have been a bad choice for what I was wanting, but at this point i've come to realize a 10mm, that i'd want built to shoot a bunch, not be a show piece, wasnt such a good idea.

...and don't worry, you won't get much of an argument in here about Fusion being substandard. :thumbsup:

Quack
02-07-2011, 19:04
for less than $5000 you can have a 200mph Dodge Colt.
a friend did it, it's fast in a straight line, but that's about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iqsZUFqJq0

Hokie1911
02-07-2011, 19:10

Z28 said earlier that GTRs were slow. :rofl:

I bet your dude could prove otherwise. That thing is ferocious.

Quack
02-07-2011, 19:17
yep, the GT-R is slow too.

here's another friends GT-R vs a Viper
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAmLc75S39k

BTW, he did the ~196mph in the standing mile down in florida, in the high heat and humidity.

Z28ricer
02-07-2011, 19:19
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxUlGXOtp-E&feature=related

:)

knedrgr
02-07-2011, 19:52
who effing cares...I love the I-can-build-a-cheap-POS-that-can-hit-140mph+ in the quarter mile...

At the end of the day, it's still a POS...

That's like saying, I can tighten a frame and put better bushing/barrel fitting on a Kimber, I mean Taurus, and give it a 2# trigger put and have a lighting fast, accurate, cheap, target gun. At the end of the day, it's still a POS.

Z28ricer
02-07-2011, 19:58
who effing cares...I love the I-can-build-a-cheap-POS-that-can-hit-140mph+ in the quarter mile...

That's like saying, I can tighten a frame and put better bushing/barrel fitting on a Kimber, I mean Taurus, and give it a 2# trigger put and have a lighting fast, accurate, cheap, target gun. At the end of the day, it's still a POS.

If you're foolish enough to believe that people can only build something that will only go fast in a straight line themselves, you're as much an idiot as you already appear.

But hey, you definetly sound like the "hey look what I bought, but dont drive it to any sort of percent of its potential" and talks about performance a lot but dont actually display it, crowd.

bac1023
02-07-2011, 20:09
Oh, whats so "super" about a "supercar" when you're getting beat by "regular" cars ?

Not everyone is a teenager road racing on public streets. Most supercars have class and style.

When you grow up a bit, you'll understand. :whistling:

bac1023
02-07-2011, 20:11

Mine either and I was proud of it. :)

HAIL CAESAR
02-07-2011, 20:12
Can I have the last 15 minutes of my life back?

bac1023
02-07-2011, 20:17

Damn, Al.

You're a quick reader.

knedrgr
02-07-2011, 20:17
If you're foolish enough to believe that people can only build something that will only go fast in a straight line themselves, you're as much an idiot as you already appear.

But hey, you definetly sound like the "hey look what I bought, but dont drive it to any sort of percent of its potential" and talks about performance a lot but dont actually display it, crowd.

Again, you've proved my point that you CAN'T keep your comparisons on point... :rofl: How the heck did you make the transition from comparing cars in a 1/4 mile/drag race to making things go around a corners? :dunno:

Yeah, that's me...all of my toys are safe or garage queens... That's why my winter wheels are BBS's. And my 2007 GSX-R have ohlins, 22K+ miles on the OD and regularly see a road course every season. Yeah garage queens... :whistling:

Mr. Gekko
02-07-2011, 20:18

I thought the same thing.

This nonsense is fun though. :supergrin:

Z28ricer
02-07-2011, 20:22
Again, you've proved my point that you CAN'T keep your comparisons on point... :rofl: How the heck did you make the transition from comparing cars in a 1/4 mile/drag race to making things go around a corners? :dunno:

Yeah, that's me...all of my toys are safe or garage queens... That's why my winter wheels are BBS's. And my 2007 GSX-R have ohlins, 22K+ miles on the OD and regularly see a road course every season. Yeah garage queens... :whistling:

YOU are the one that made the statement referring ONLY to drag racing, as if people cant build ordinary cars to perform exceptionally well in other types of racing.

Sweet you've got stock shocks on your bike, and some production wheels.

I've got a 1-off set of bilstein PSS9's for my 240sx, whats your point ?

Hokie1911
02-07-2011, 20:22

Damn, Al.

You're a quick reader.

In Alan's honor....I recommended the dude check out Fusion. :whistling:

HAIL CAESAR
02-07-2011, 20:23

Damn, Al.

You're a quick reader.

I started at page 4 and sped through the nonsense.

Got to love the rice-rockets. 3 grand car with a 4 grand stereo and a muffler that looks like it belongs on a D9 Caterpillar.:upeyes:

I used to love pulling those idiots over.

bac1023
02-07-2011, 20:25

Z28ricer
02-07-2011, 20:26
I started at page 4 and sped through the nonsense.

Got to love the rice-rockets. 3 grand car with a 4 grand stereo and a muffler that looks like it belongs on a D9 Caterpillar.:upeyes:

I used to love pulling those idiots over.

Gotta love idiot cops, that dont know what they're talking about :shocked:

Hokie1911
02-07-2011, 20:28

Wow. Just.........wow. :shakehead:

HAIL CAESAR
02-07-2011, 20:28

Gee thanks!!!:tongueout:

Z28ricer
02-07-2011, 20:29
Wow. Just.........wow. :shakehead:

Did I say "all cops are..."

?

No, I did not, but he made it pretty clear that he was one of the bunch.

Not my fault they exist.

Mr. Gekko
02-07-2011, 20:31
Not my fault they exist.

Not our fault that you exist among the "idiot" crowd as well. :tongueout:

HAIL CAESAR
02-07-2011, 20:32

Gotta love teenagers (or people with the mentality of a teenager) driving 75 in a 25 in a residential neighborhood. Odds on bet they have alcohol in the car or pot. Then you always had the outstanding warrants.

HAIL CAESAR
02-07-2011, 20:34
Or no insurance....

GJ1981
02-07-2011, 20:38
My ignore list is failing because of all the quotes, dammit.

http://warriorwriters.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/troll.jpg

Quack
02-07-2011, 20:39
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/263/1/0/they_see_me_trollin____by_hybrid_tech-d2z4c5s.jpg

GeorgiaRedfish
02-07-2011, 20:43
How many trolls are we going to see tonight?

Quack
02-07-2011, 20:44
http://www.joblo.com/newsimages1/TrollDolls.jpg

GeorgiaRedfish
02-07-2011, 20:45
http://www.joblo.com/newsimages1/TrollDolls.jpg
NOOOOO!!!!!! too many trolls!

Cobra64
02-07-2011, 20:48

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/Davis1950/Cartoons/ThumbsDown-1.jpg

Cobra64
02-07-2011, 20:51
How many trolls are we going to see tonight?

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/Davis1950/Cartoons/TrollKid.jpg

"Just me, the OP."

thecableguy
02-07-2011, 20:54
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/Davis1950/Cartoons/TrollKid.jpg

"Just me, the OP."

Easy there Garden Snake no trolling from me.:tongueout:

HAIL CAESAR
02-07-2011, 20:57
Sorry if I pissed of Mr RiceRocketeer.

But people get tired of their neighborhoods and main streets turned into the Indy 500 by zippies. They then usually call the local PD and yell at the rooftops.

bac1023
02-07-2011, 21:00
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/263/1/0/they_see_me_trollin____by_hybrid_tech-d2z4c5s.jpg

This thread is a riot!

GeorgiaRedfish
02-07-2011, 21:01

This thread is a riot!
This isn't the only one tonight...

thecableguy
02-07-2011, 21:01
Sorry if I pissed of Mr RiceRocketeer.

But people get tired of their neighborhoods and main streets turned into the Indy 500 by zippies. They then usually call the local PD and yell at the rooftops.

Please do not apologize. I hope he gets pulled over one day by one of your buddies and they write him thousands of dollars worth of tickets and the car gets impounded and then someone messes up the paperwork and the car ends up like this
http://wwwdelivery.superstock.com/WI/223/1525/PreviewComp/SuperStock_1525R-11741.jpg

bac1023
02-07-2011, 21:03

I know.

What the hell is going on in our little forum tonight? :dunno:

knedrgr
02-07-2011, 21:04
Lets review the conversation...

Z28 said earlier that GTRs were slow. :rofl:

I bet your dude could prove otherwise. That thing is ferocious.

yep, the GT-R is slow too.

here's another friends GT-R vs a Viper
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAmLc75S39k

BTW, he did the ~196mph in the standing mile down in florida, in the high heat and humidity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxUlGXOtp-E&feature=related

:)

YOU are the one that made the statement referring ONLY to drag racing, as if people cant build ordinary cars to perform exceptionally well in other types of racing.

Sweet you've got stock shocks on your bike, and some production wheels.

I've got a 1-off set of bilstein PSS9's for my 240sx, whats your point ?

how fast a car goes was the main point of the conversation. And you had posted a video of your 650hp S13 240SX (assumimg its yours from your references to 240's) in respond to the vid of the GTR.

And Ohlins don't come stock on ANY Suzuki sports bikes. They are THE suspension to have for sports bikes. And those were custom built to my specs, so I guess you can say they're "semi-custom." :whistling: And not a lot of people will rock BBS's for winter wheels.

...and ALL of my points were direct responds to your rambling of having "expensive things" and not using them for their intended purposes.

But hey, keep posting and your ADHD and stupidity will be proven.

Hokie1911
02-07-2011, 21:05
I know.

What the hell is going on in our little forum tonight? :dunno:

http://www.gamesprays.com/images/icons/warning_noobs_icon113.jpg

Cobra64
02-07-2011, 21:09

Looks like a 70s Plymouth Duster.

Cobra64
02-07-2011, 21:11

Who mentioned the Lambo?

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/Davis1950/Cars/Smamborghini.jpg

Cobra64
02-07-2011, 21:13
http://www.gamesprays.com/images/icons/warning_noobs_icon113.jpg

Not me...

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/Davis1950/Cartoons/Taxes-1.gif

Mr. Gekko
02-07-2011, 21:18
Not me...

That is funny. I will be "borrowing" that picture.

bac1023
02-07-2011, 21:22
Not me...

Yeah, its about that time. :)

reminiz
02-07-2011, 21:44
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/kissfan1267/TheySeeMeRollin.png

Nickpisp
02-07-2011, 21:45
And we have a new low for the thread! :faint:

Quack
02-07-2011, 21:45
yeah, but i bet your car doesn't get this attention like my Honda

http://www.crossfireforum.org/gallery/data/849/43feb6-getting-a-detail.jpg

Cobra64
02-07-2011, 21:50

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/Davis1950/Cars/BUMPER%20CARS/BUMPERCAR06.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/Davis1950/Cars/BUMPER%20CARS/BUMPERCAR07.jpg

Rimcrew
02-08-2011, 01:12
It appears the intellectual center of the Universe has shifted to the GT 1911 sub-forum... Holy mother of off course, crap to start with, threads! :yawn:

Cobra64
02-08-2011, 01:46

My German made toys do.

German cars, German bikes, German girls, German beer, German pistols.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/Davis1950/Cars/BMW6.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/Davis1950/Cars/BMW%20Bikes/R1200RT-3.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/Davis1950/Babes%20and%20Bras/BlondeBlueEyes.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/Davis1950/BOOZE%20and%20DRUGS/Beerfest.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/Davis1950/Weapons/Sig%20Sauer%20Guns/Marks%20Sigs/P220/P1000578.jpg

cdunn
02-08-2011, 05:04
I feel dumber after reading all this.

bac1023
02-08-2011, 05:18

MD357
02-08-2011, 09:22
So apparently the LS motors are a working man's motor... but we all know....the LS series = Mullet. So.... apparently being the working man's 1911......is Kimber the Mullet 1911?

Rinspeed
02-08-2011, 11:48
My German made toys do.

German cars, German bikes, German girls, German beer, German pistols.

I'm sure I've told you this before Mark but your wife is adorable.

Hokie1911
02-08-2011, 11:54
I'm sure I've told you this before Mark but your wife is adorable.

Is she the one licking the rim on the Prelude?

Quack
02-08-2011, 12:47
see what Manny started...
http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=302834

Hokie1911
02-08-2011, 13:02
Amusing, considering people are in there professing hatred for this board....yet they post here. :dunno:

ijacek
02-08-2011, 13:40
Somebody please stop this mindless madness.

Quack
02-08-2011, 13:44

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_BQRUOgADUyU/TR2DwYYcX7I/AAAAAAAAK2Y/4vDrV7-6nr4/s1600/no-problem-bollywood-movie-poster.jpg

thecableguy
02-08-2011, 14:55
WOW 10 pages!!!!
I want to thank first and foremost God, my parents,and everyone who posted here.
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjVFcgAc11Ilo8bkwmEkrWoZ1ZhWMicJMcaF9HK-Nz91xoGffZUA
:rofl::tongueout:

Quack
02-08-2011, 15:26
i got a picture for you :animlol:

lawdog734
02-08-2011, 16:14

Nnnnnnnnnoooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hokie1911
02-08-2011, 16:28

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Cobra64
02-08-2011, 17:04
Is she the one licking the rim on the Prelude?

That's The Quackster's honey rimming the Honda. :rofl:

Cobra64
02-08-2011, 17:07

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTEeWOfKM2sY5CXP2hwzOz0wHaTpMW-67sV5LFN3GZTUQWluTLS&t=1

thecableguy
02-08-2011, 17:08
:puking:

That's The Quackster's honey rimming the Honda. :rofl:

Cobra64
02-08-2011, 17:19
:puking:

Cableguy, you're catchin' on quick to the demented sense of humor we've had goin' here for the last few years. Wifey's gonna call you a damn pervert. :rofl:

The obligatory: "Congrats! :cool: "

Quack
02-08-2011, 17:26
As I taught my son to say "hubba Hubba"

thecableguy
02-08-2011, 18:26
Cableguy, you're catchin' on quick to the demented sense of humor we've had goin' here for the last few years. Wifey's gonna call you a damn pervert. :rofl:

The obligatory: "Congrats! :cool: "
:hugs::cheers:

GeorgiaRedfish
02-08-2011, 19:08
Cobra I don't appreciate some of the pics. Some I don't mind.