Ghost rocket fitting, novice project? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ghost rocket fitting, novice project?

ennis
02-06-2011, 19:42
Some of the aftermarket parts companies have oscar winning videos for installing their products. In their instructions for installing the Rocket connector, Ghost has text and blurry photos. They also go on to describe the "Dave Spaulding cut". That gives me another issue to think about. How do I guess at the proper angle? I am about to order a Ghost Rocket connector and orange, half slide plate. I am someone that usually gets through projects like this, but not without lots of sturm und Drang (pretentious way of saying that I stress about it). Any advice from people who have SUCCESSFULLY installed these?:faint: Forgot to mention this is in a GLock 27.
Thanks,

OleWild
02-13-2011, 10:44
I had never completely disassembled a Glock before, and had no problems installing a Ghost Rocket in my 21. Just take your time and remove a little at a time off the trigger stop. One piece you'll absolutely need is an extra slide cover back plate. They make a special half size plate, but I just bought a regular one and cut it in half with a dremel tool...took just a sec and it works great. You HAVE to have a half plate in order to be able to release the trigger during the fitting process. Don't even start to do the install until you have this in place or you're going to fine that you can't release the trigger in order to remove the slide! It's a fairly easy project though.

ennis
02-13-2011, 10:50
I had never completely disassembled a Glock before, and had no problems installing a Ghost Rocket in my 21. Just take your time and remove a little at a time off the trigger stop. One piece you'll absolutely need is an extra slide cover back plate. They make a special half size plate, but I just bought a regular one and cut it in half with a dremel tool...took just a sec and it works great. You HAVE to have a half plate in order to be able to release the trigger during the fitting process. Don't even start to do the install until you have this in place or you're going to fine that you can't release the trigger in order to remove the slide! It's a fairly easy project though.
What did you use to remove the material from the tab? Dremel, file, sanding belt? What piece do I push to release the trigger during fitting? I have a half size, slide cover plate.
Thanks

OleWild
02-13-2011, 11:21
I started removing the material with a small metal file, but it wasn't working too well. The Ghost material is pretty hard. So, I marked the area I was filing with a sharpie so I could see how much was being removed and used my dremel. Found it much easier using the dremel. Just make sure you mark the piece so you don't screw up and remove too much at once. With the half plate in, you simply push down on the rear of the trigger bar to release trigger. You'll see what I'm talking about once you get the half plate in and look. It's not difficult to see what to do about releasing the trigger.