870 18.5" Barrel with a +3 Extension? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 870 18.5" Barrel with a +3 Extension?

gnasty1521
02-06-2011, 20:42
Like the title says. Before you say it looks hilarious, I want to see just how hilarious. By my measurement, it would stick out about 1 3/4", which shouldn't be enough to get hit by shot. If it doesn't look too bad I would love the extra shot.

Anyone with pics of this?

aippi
02-06-2011, 22:25
It does not get hit by shot. However it does get cooked by the blast and it will require constant attention to prevent rust as the finish well be cooked off.

Also, since you have an 18.5" barrel I am assuming your weapon is set up for defense. Adding the extra lenght can be a hinderence. If this is an HD weapon, it is very unlikely you would need that extra round but the lenght can get in the way.

Big Bird
02-06-2011, 22:28
FWIW, my Vang Comp +2 extension for my 870 actually holds three for a total of 7 in the tube (only for 2 3/4" shells mind you).

gnasty1521
02-06-2011, 22:35
It does not get hit by shot. However it does get cooked by the blast and it will require constant attention to prevent rust as the finish well be cooked off.

Also, since you have an 18.5" barrel I am assuming your weapon is set up for defense. Adding the extra lenght can be a hinderence. If this is an HD weapon, it is very unlikely you would need that extra round but the lenght can get in the way.

Never thought of that... That is a great reason not to have it out there. Thanks. OK new question: Is the Vang Comp the only one that does this? I only use 2 3/4" shells anyway (unless fun at the range...), so do all the +2's get rated for 3" and 2 3/4", or do they usually hold 6 because of the spring?

aippi
02-07-2011, 00:48
I have no knowledge of the Vang Comp extension but it is sold as a +2. this is the first time I have heard anyone say theirs holds 7.

Big Bird
02-07-2011, 07:13
I have no knowledge of the Vang Comp extension but it is sold as a +2. this is the first time I have heard anyone say theirs holds 7.

You learn something new every day!:cool:

gnasty1521
02-07-2011, 20:45
Is Big Bird the only one? Anyway, I think 7 shots will be plenty. Hopefully never have to use them, but if I need 8 shells over 7, I needed more practice (or backup...). Thanks for the replies guys.

gnasty1521
02-10-2011, 21:45
Update:

I bought a TacStar 7-Shot, but it only made mine a 6-Shot... The 5th shell barely fit, and then wouldn't even budge to let a 6th in. All 5 ran through the action though. It is supposed to extend it two round in the magazine tube right? Before anyone says anything, yes, the dimples are gone. I took it back, but which model extension should I get?

Any help is appreciated.

aippi
02-11-2011, 01:47
Just curious there Big Bird, not doubting you as I am just trying to learn things. I only use Wilsons and they sure look like the Vang Comp tube to me, or Hans, looks like the the Wilson. Either way, if anyone else has a Vang Comp 2 shot extension that allows their 870 to hold seven rounds please post in so I can learn more.

Big Bird
02-11-2011, 07:24
Just curious there Big Bird, not doubting you as I am just trying to learn things. I only use Wilsons and they sure look like the Vang Comp tube to me, or Hans, looks like the the Wilson. Either way, if anyone else has a Vang Comp 2 shot extension that allows their 870 to hold seven rounds please post in so I can learn more.

Don't take my word for it. Call Hans...he will tell you. Or just buy one and if it doesn't work for you send it back... I got no stake in this either way. Remember my qualifier...2 3/4 shells--haven't tried 3" and probably won't. It's an exceptionally well made and finished accessory and while I thought it was a little pricey when I ordered it there was no doubt it was worth the asking price when I got it.

B.Reid
02-11-2011, 09:51
Might as well have a 20 inch barrel if you have a 20 inch tube.

Big Bird
02-11-2011, 11:38
Might as well have a 20 inch barrel if you have a 20 inch tube.

Its actually slightly shorter than a 18.5" barrel.

gnasty1521
02-11-2011, 21:23
^^^ I think he is talking to me, and I see the point.