Mozilla FF just crashed [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Mozilla FF just crashed

racer11
02-07-2011, 21:51
I can not load anything with FF 3.6.13 version,,,,,,I want it back on,,,

Do I remove the current version and download or can I just download FF without removing the one already loaded.

I try to open up a site and I get a mesg saying that FF has crashed. I'm now getting in with IE,,,,it is much slower.

Thanks

NIB
02-07-2011, 23:40
Download Google Chrome, much better than the crappy FireFox.

GIockGuy24
02-08-2011, 14:25
You can try it again or restart the computer. You can install over the current version but the extensions will all still be there. Download and install CCleaner, choose "CCleaner Slim" so you don't have to mess with the toolbar. Run CCleaner and then if you can get Firefox going click "Tools" and then click "Add-ons" and then click "Extensions". Uninstall all of them. The ones you need will offer to be installed later when needed.

racer11
02-08-2011, 20:10
I downloaded FF again and no luck,,,,I down loaded ccleaner and cleaned out my cookies and temp files etc,,,and FF refused to show itself. I went to add or remove programs and tried to remove FF and when I clic on "remove" it just greys out and comes back up and will not remove. I can not remove it and I can not reload it. IE works fine but GT took forever to load up after I ccleaned things.

JimmyN
02-08-2011, 20:57
Check to see if you have a Firefox process stuck running in the background, that will hang things up. Open 'Task Manager' and click on the 'Processes' tab. If you see 'firefox.exe' listed then end that process. Also kill 'plugincontainer' if that is listed.

Go to C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox. Delete the entire Mozilla Firefox folder. That will delete all the program files, but will not delete your stored bookmarks, passwords, etc that are contained in your user profile.

Don't worry about not being able to uninstall it from Add/Remove programs. Using the uninstall just deletes the program files, it doesn't delete your user profile either.

If you want to remove everything and completely uninstall it you'll have to manually delete your user profile.