Can anyone recommend Crimson trace? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone recommend Crimson trace?

Hussell_Crowe
02-09-2011, 15:29
I'm a left handed shooter with a G19, and am in the market for a reliable laser. I was told at my local gun store the Crimson grips are the best lasers on the market, but are they the " best " for Glock, and a left handed shooter?

Thanks in advance.

Dalton Wayne
02-09-2011, 15:32
Go with a lasermax you won't be sorry, very lefty friendly I've had two of them and they were trouble free

Hussell_Crowe
02-09-2011, 15:56
Thanks for the suggestion. I've been looking at those as well, it being half the cost is certainly attractive. I wonder why the gun store said crimson's were the best? I suppose its just an opinion.

I want a laser for 2 reasons, firstly for home defense, and secondly, because all of my shot are low of the target. I shot 100 rds yesterday, at 8 yards out, and 90 % of the intended shots were about an 1-2 inches lower than I aimed. I hate to admit it, but I only got 2 shots in the bullseye.....

( I'm about as inexperienced as you can get at shooting )

Conan1
02-09-2011, 16:06
I have a CT on my LCP with O problems out of it. They send me new batteries for it every year. I had it for 2 yrs. I like mine.

samurairabbi
02-09-2011, 16:09
The Crimson Trace grip lasers actually give lefties an advantage. On a lefty, the index finger held outside the guard will not block the laser if the finger strays a little high. On a righty, this can easily occur.

The laser assembly is on the right side of the gun; on a right handed shooter, the laser assembly will therefore be on the OUTSIDE of a holstered gun. For a lefty, the laser assembly will be on the INSIDE of a holstered gun; this might affect choice of holster.

jaytee 10mm
02-09-2011, 16:09
having used lasermax and crimson trace I recommend crimson trace .....it has more adjustability than the lasermax

DrBob
02-09-2011, 16:32
Crimson TRace LaserGuard LG-436 for your G19 will work just fine. The switch for the laser is just under the trigger guard and your middle finger will turn the laser on when you grip the gun either left or right handed. That's the LaserGuard not the lasergrip version. CT will send you free batteries and has an excellent customer service and warranty service. I have one for my G26 and my G19.

Re: your grouping
Work on getting the correct sight picture with your dominant eye. You want to learn to shoot any gun not just the one that has your laser correcting your aim. Get some help from an experienced shooter at your range/club. Do some dry fire practice. A laser will actually help you quite a lot with dry fire practice since the best alignment for the laser beam will be right on top of your front site at about 10-15 yards (some people would say 25 yards).

Here's a picture - lower right small button - of the LaserGuard installed on my G26 (saf-T-Blok installed as well)
http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/doctorbob2/Saf-T-Blokleft.jpg

bustedknee
02-09-2011, 17:31
I have both Crimson trace and LaserMax.

Both companies have treated me like I own the company.

That kind of service is unheard-of in this day and age.

I cannot say enough good about both makers.

For a Glock, go with the LaserMax. It does not glom up the grip, which is already a little large for my hands.

But as for quality and service, you cannot go wrong with either laser.

Ah heck, put both on your gun.

Ibew
02-09-2011, 17:35
Not to hijack,But do those laserguards fit the full size models? I have a 3rd gen 22.

BigLaw
02-09-2011, 17:38
Both! There you go! Why didn't I think of that? I would also get the green lasermax rail attachment. Two reds and a green. If you ever have to use it the bad guy will think you have snipers following you around with all the dots on his chest. hahaha

dudel
02-09-2011, 18:16
CT works great on my G26. No complaints whatsoever. Highly recommended. Even if you don't get the CT, go to their website and ask for their DVD. Good information.

dvrdwn72
02-09-2011, 18:20
so, for the g27, how does the laser attach to the triggerguard? Is it of good quality?

AaronZR2
02-09-2011, 18:21
Not to hijack,But do those laserguards fit the full size models? I have a 3rd gen 22.

For whatever reason they only advertise it fitting up to a 19/23, but yes it will fit your 22.

swinokur
02-10-2011, 06:53
Have them on a G30 and a full size 1911.

No issues. I'd buy them for my G29SF if they made them

DrBob
02-10-2011, 07:00
so, for the g27, how does the laser attach to the triggerguard? Is it of good quality?

Be sure to distinguish between the LaserGuard and the LaserGrip designs.

the LG-436 model fits the subcompacts including the G27. The laser device just snaps around the trigger guard and is super easy to install. You can find installation videos on youtube.com
Their product is a high quality item that has a good warranty.

There are two things you need to know about the LaserGuard design:
1. It will change the shape of your gun so that some tight fitting holsters will not work well. Most good holster mfg's have custom holsters that adapt to this (e.g. CrossBreed and others).
2. you must clean the front lens of the laser on a regular basis since it picks up residue when the gun is fired. A Q-tip with a little Windex does the job in a second.

Both of these things are less of a problem with the laserGrip design

Cineski
02-10-2011, 08:43
Crimson Trace is nice because it won't lose zero as easily as a laser mounted near the barrel. This is because the CT is near the fulcrum of the recoil. That said, I used to be pro laser and now I'm not. I think good night sights are the best because they're not electrical. Anything electrical can fail.

Hussell_Crowe
02-10-2011, 13:13
The lasermax micro is 129 dollars, the newest crimson trace for the G19 is 318 ( with tax ) thats a substantial difference. But it seems like the consensus is crimson.

Scared_of_zombies
02-10-2011, 13:18
I got ct's for $150 for my g30. The lasermax is near double that. I like the palm swells of the CT and 3 years of use havent killed my batteries yet.

RyanBDawg
02-10-2011, 15:21
I have one on my G26 and really like it...

http://i956.photobucket.com/albums/ae50/Hot02SS/DSC07408.jpg

glock2740
02-10-2011, 15:30
I have several CT's for G26/27, G19/23, LCP, M&P 9/40, 1911 and SP101. And a LM in my G30. Much prefer the CT, but they make a Glock grip pretty fat in my hand. They are perfection on the M&P's. I like them alot.

RayB
02-11-2011, 14:29
If you can pop for it, LaserMax (guide rod laser) all the way! ;)

The LaserMax guide rod lasers in our 3rd Gen G19 and G21 have proved to be accurate, durable, and reliable, over thousands of rounds (including +p ammo) on each gun. :thumbsup:

Holding zero has been a non-issue, and since the guide rod lasers sit so close to the gun's bore axis, collimation is unnecessary. Besides, any sweet spot you dial in with a laser that sits far from the gun's bore axis, is only accurate at the distance you've pre-selected for the target; inside or outside that sweet spot, you'll be off. :eyebrow:

I like the CT grips on revolvers and 1911s, but they just don't feel good on the Glocks... I guess, for me, it's like a great buy on a big-name mattress that I just don't find comfortable... :dunno:

The CT LG-436 is a slick little gizmo, but it precludes the use of a weapon light on a rail-equipped gun. :sigh:

You might also consider the LaserMax Uni-Max, rail-mounted laser, which can be had for well under $200.00 delivered, and will accommodate many popular weapon lights. It offers steady and pulsed modes, and has ambidextrous activation for lefties. Plus, you can use it on any rail-equipped gun! :headscratch:

--Ray

P.S. For all the free advertising Crimson Trace gets here, I'd like to see them advertise on Glock Talk!

12smile
02-18-2011, 04:25
Have 2 batteries last forever. Precisely constructed.

denn1911
02-19-2011, 18:23
LaserMax and Crimson Trace are quality lasers that will serve you well. My vote is for the Crimson Trace. I'm a lefty also.

12smile
02-19-2011, 21:54
update:

I have 2 CT LASERGUARD lasers...they hug the trigger guard and place a rubberized trigger dot below the trigger....you'll never have to think about activating
the laser.

They dont make one for the G30sf (side laser yes, laserGUARD no) or I would have gotten one for that pistol as well.

The first thing you'll notice is the precision with which it is made...my 2 fit flawlessly and are a natural extension of the pistol.

I'm sure a laserGUARD model will be made for the g30sf eventually.

swinokur
02-20-2011, 08:42
update:

I have 2 CT LASERGUARD lasers...they hug the trigger guard and place a rubberized trigger dot below the trigger....you'll never have to think about activating
the laser.

They dont make one for the G30sf (side laser yes, laserGUARD no) or I would have gotten one for that pistol as well.

The first thing you'll notice is the precision with which it is made...my 2 fit flawlessly and are a natural extension of the pistol.

I'm sure a laserGUARD model will be made for the g30sf eventually.

There is no laser available for the SF models G29,G30.

harley rider
02-23-2011, 10:53
I just put the lg436 on the wifes G26 and was showing her how to use it against the inside garage wall - it was 10pm and quite outside - this laser was so bright - I decided to step onto the driveway and see just how far this laser would show up... across the street no problem, a few mail boxes down the road - no problem - there was a large building 600 feet from my house - red dot showed up against the side wall - Ya, could not use it to place a shot at that distance - just seeing how far it would shine - I was impressed at the strengh of the laser - now to get to the range and sight it in...

1 old 0311
02-23-2011, 13:33
having used lasermax and crimson trace I recommend crimson trace .....it has more adjustability than the lasermax

+1. I have 3 CT lasers. Two on HD guns, one on my carry piece. LOVE EM!

Bill Lumberg
02-23-2011, 13:37
Lasermax internals are tops. But Crimson Trace lasergrips are less expensive and solidly built. Only trial and error will determine if you and your holsters have issues with crimson trace. I'm a left handed shooter with a G19, and am in the market for a reliable laser. I was told at my local gun store the Crimson grips are the best lasers on the market, but are they the " best " for Glock, and a left handed shooter?

Thanks in advance.

old wanderer
02-23-2011, 20:08
I have 3 sets, all on Kimbers....

Kimber Ultra Crimson carry

Kimber Pro Carry II

Kimber SS 10mm

All work exceptionally well.

(I also have an internal LaserMax on my Glock G20c.

I prefer the On/Off pressure Switch of the CT rather the switch of the LaserMax

FiremanJim
04-22-2011, 07:10
I have a CT laserguard on my LCP and it is awesome,been thinking of one for my G26/G19 but don't want to have to change/alter my holsters

Wishoot
04-24-2011, 17:52
I have a CT on my Glock 22.

The sight works like magic and CT's customer service is absolutely second to none.