KKM vs STORMLAKE barrels [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : KKM vs STORMLAKE barrels

MATLOCK-G21
02-09-2011, 22:50
I am wanting to get the 10mm conversion barrel for my Glock 21..... I see a lot of people recommending the KKM Barrel...well they are on back order for a month after talking to the KKM sales department today (the stock length barrel)....looking around a bit I seen StormLake makes the same conversion barrel, I called them up and they can have a barrel to me in 6 days.....both of these manufacturers state that these are no modification needed drop in parts.....but I haven't seen many people talking about having Stormlake barrels. I figure that both these companies know what they are doing since their main gig is making barrels......I just need to know which way to go and if there are any horror stories worse than the other......

I already have all the supporting components to deal with the 10mm round...tungsten rod and a 20 & 22lb spring and mags.

So if anyone can help me pick one over the other it would be appreciated...I have never purchased an aftermarket barrel before...I am ordering one or the other tomorrow.

MATLOCK-G21
02-10-2011, 07:36
No one? lol

ennis
02-11-2011, 12:13
No one? lol
I own a .40 KKM barrel and a 40 to 9 Storm Lake conversion barrel. I can't make any statements about accuracy or long term reliability, since I have only had the Storm Lake for about 2 weeks. I can say that the KKM was finished much better and perfoms flawlessly. The cuts were smooth and even. The Storm Lake came rough but their customer service was terrific. They replaced the barrel immediately and the replacement barrel was much nicer. The overall finish on the KKM is still better. So all I can really comment on is "appearance", not performance. I don't know if that helps you out.

grecco
02-11-2011, 12:19
I can only speak for SLB's,
I have several conversion and thread barrels from them.
I prefer them over glock o.e.m.
I would not hesitate to purchase or recommend them.

Fragadelic
02-11-2011, 12:27
Wait for the KKM. I have LWD and KKM conversion barrels for a couple of my Glocks - no problems whatsoever. My Storm Lake .40->9mm conversion barrel for my XDm went back twice and still has failures to chamber or extract on a regular basis, even with different mags and various spring combos. Apples to oranges maybe but I wasn't impressed with Storm Lake's customer service - when I called, they acted as if I was speaking nonsense.

MATLOCK-G21
02-11-2011, 13:40
thanks guys! I went ahead and ordered both a KKM & StormLake to do a personal comparison......I had good experiences with both customer service departments. They knew what they were talking about....so I will see which one I like!