Shotgun Trunk Mount for a Car [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Shotgun Trunk Mount for a Car

cancov
02-10-2011, 18:33
I will be making the transition into a Toyota Corolla or maybe a Camry. I'm looking to mount a short, tactical shotgun. Preferably not on the lid due to the weight and the lid not opening easily but I'm not ruling a lid mount out. I'm thinking affordability rather than law enforcement grade($200 and up). Not a very productive Google search...

Kevin08
02-10-2011, 18:53
I wouldn't do lid regardless, because when you open it, do you really want to advertise that you have a shotgun in your trunk?

cancov
02-11-2011, 07:49
Nevertheless, I'd rather have it secured than laying in the trunk or floor

cancov
02-11-2011, 09:45
Thinking of starting with this and perhaps fabricating support parallel to the length of the gun, and with aluminum to keep weight down:

http://www.ruggedgear.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=59/category_id=127/home_id=76/mode=prod/prd59.htm

David Armstrong
02-11-2011, 12:03
You've got the right idea there with the website. We used to mount shotguns in our patrol cars using a similar design, mounting the brackets at the rear bumper end of the trunk vertically against the well area.

B.Reid
02-11-2011, 12:17
Thinking of starting with this and perhaps fabricating support parallel to the length of the gun, and with aluminum to keep weight down:

http://www.ruggedgear.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=59/category_id=127/home_id=76/mode=prod/prd59.htm

This looks like a winner!

cancov
02-12-2011, 07:53
You've got the right idea there with the website. We used to mount shotguns in our patrol cars using a similar design, mounting the brackets at the rear bumper end of the trunk vertically against the well area.

I hadn't thought of that location. Seems very accessible, thanks.

David Armstrong
02-12-2011, 11:55
I hadn't thought of that location. Seems very accessible, thanks.
One thing to watch in that location is putting stuff in the trunk that can slide around and beat against the gun. A trick we used was to put the gun in a padded case but leave the top of the unzippered. That way you get some protection for the gun but can still access it without much trouble.