Meprolight install prices? Other options? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Meprolight install prices? Other options?

JMies419
02-11-2011, 23:22
A local dealer said they can install Meprolight night sights on my Glock 19 for $90 out the door. I was wondering if this is a good price or not? These are the mepro brand non adjustable night sights (not the oem glock night sights). I talked to Glock and they said they charge $57 for the glock night sights and $72 for Trijicons. The G19 is my EDC and I would rather not wait for the 2 week turn around but do you guys think it would be worth it or is going with the locally installed mepro's for $90 not a bad deal either? Thanks!

Coeus
02-11-2011, 23:38
I'd say that's a fair price. Lone Wolf is currently charging $75 for Meprolights. By the time you factor in shipping you'll be close to $80, so it appears he is charging roughly $10 to install the sights. Many places I've been to charge $20. Factor in the convenience of having the job done right then and there and not having to ship off the slide to Glock (which you'd have to pay for) plus the fact that you're supporting a local brick and mortar store, I'd say go for it. It sounds like a solid deal to me.

As far as other options, I'm a big fan of Ameriglo (which uses trijicon tritium lamps). There are many options to choose from but I really like their Operator night sights with a yellow rear and green front post. Honestly the prices between most night sights is going to be comparable so it simply is a matter of preference.

I had Mepros on a G26, they were really tough, but overall not my favorite. The rear sights are slightly dimmer than the front in order to contrast, but I'd rather have a different color setup on the rear if that is my goal. Otherwise I'd prefer that the same color tritium to be equally as bright in the front as the rear. It gave me the overall impression that they simply weren't as bright as the other night sights I've tried overall (Ameriglo, Trijicon, Truglo) even if it was only in my mind. The rear sights also had some sort of coating applied over the tritium that made them appear fuzzy compared to the front. I prefer a crisp picture

MrVvrroomm
02-11-2011, 23:40
That's a good deal. If you mean out-the-door being sights, installation, tax it's a fantastic deal.

JMies419
02-11-2011, 23:56
Thanks for the replies guys, I appreciate it. It seems as if the mepros are pretty popular with glock owners. I saw a thread or two about mepros rusting in the past. Anyone have any experience with this at all?

Coeus
02-12-2011, 00:08
My pleasure! The only rust on night sights that I've seen was on a friend's blue label G23 that was purchased with Glock OEM night sights at the end of 2009. I don't know who Glock is currently using to manufacture their sights but they did not appear to be Meprolights to me at least and had no designation on them that would indicate that they were.

JMies419
02-12-2011, 22:45
Went with the mepros today, love them!