Sig's change in sights [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Sig's change in sights

TSAX
02-11-2011, 23:42
Before Sigs would mainly have on their guns the dot over bar/dot type sight and now they mainly have the 3 dot SigLite night sights. I would have liked it if the stayed with the dot over bar/dot and went with the Henie Straight 8's. Anyone else prefer the old style or the new style.

New
http://www.sigsauer.com/SigStore/ShowProductDetails.aspx?categoryid=29&productid=97

Old - 4th post dowm, pic #3
http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/150601935/m/3460092432

Henie
http://www.heinie.com/information.php?info_id=22

rfd339
02-12-2011, 01:52
My last 3 sigs came with newer version and my 220 carry elite dark came with the can opener night sights :supergrin: . My older 229/sw 40 has the old siglites. I wish they would go back to older sights too , they seem to (for me) go on target faster.

babarracing
02-28-2011, 20:33
I changed my 1911 SIG Novak Night sights to XS Big Dot with Bar rear Buckhorn Big Dot front. Have 3 dot SIG's on the Few other SIG's, But for my night stand gun I always use My XS Big Dot/ Bar Much less info to process when it's dark and speed counts IMHO. Just like the guy's who use different colors for front and rear,But only two reference points to process. And I am never going back. P.S. I have no interest in XS, just my selfish desire to survive at all costs.

Snak3
02-28-2011, 21:22
Although their bar / dot are good combat sights, I would rather have night sights any day of the week. Adds night options and value to the gun in my opinion.

PlayboyPenguin
02-28-2011, 23:28
I prefer the three dot style night sights.

In a darkened environment (where I may not be able to see my hard sights) the three dot gives me more frame of reference than a heinie style two-dot sight. It give me both vertical and horizontal reference in the dark.

Dogguy
03-03-2011, 07:56
The SIG contrast sights seem to be the standard issue (Dot the I). Night sights are optional but come standard on some models. Night sights that came on my SIGs are Meprolights. I really like the Meps. I shoot better with and I prefer three dots sights to any other style.

nmstew
04-01-2011, 17:09
Dot the "i" for me. Might do XS sights one day.

Two Guns
04-02-2011, 20:30
I like the night sights better than the older dot the I sights.

HAMMERHEAD
04-05-2011, 17:40
It's not new or old. Night sights are all three dot sights.
Contrast sights (non night sights) are still dot over bar.
What you get depends on what model you buy.

I love Heinies straight eights, have them on my Glock 19.
I took the Siglites off my P220 SSS (ST) and installed contrast sights, I prefer the sight picture.
If I went with night sights, they would definitely be Heinies.

youngbuck
04-18-2011, 00:36
I purchased a plain jane 239 that came with plain contrast sights just because I knew I would use this as a carry weapon and had plans to put a CT laser on. Now I realize the laser would only be useful in low light situations and the plain white contrast sites I have now just do not help me at all since all other pistols of mine have night sites. Are the XS sights worth the extra $10/20 than the siglites?

ETA: Sig Custom shop lists install on night sites to be $120 and XS sights are $90 plus install