Awful Customer Service with Opticsplanet [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Awful Customer Service with Opticsplanet

xkon
02-12-2011, 01:08
Placed an order over 2 weeks ago for a red dot sight, laser, and a few other products. Learning the hard way, opticsplanet does not tell you on their site if the products are in stock or not. So later I received an email saying it my whole order except a battery for the red dot was out of stock. A week goes by and I check on the status of the order. They told me that the ETA of the products was Feb 8th, and when they receive it, it is turned around and shipped the same day. On Feb 8th, i contact customer service and they confirmed the red dot was delivered to them, however it would ship out in a few days, not the same day as I was told.

So the next day on the 9th, I contact them again to make sure the sight was in and it was to be shipped. I was told that it had not come in yet. I said I was told the day before it had been received, and was told to wait a minute while they checked. She then said that it was just delivered today, on the 9th, not the 8th.

So on the 10th, I wanted to confirm the product was actually in and on its way as I was told it was twice already. I call to check the status of my order and was told that the red dot sight was still not in stock. I told them I was told two days in a row that it wasnt in, and then it was delivered that day. They then told me they apologize and gave that sight to another customer and would have to wait 3 weeks until it comes back in stock.

After this whole ordeal, I will NEVER place an order with them again. Sorry, needed to vent. I have never dealt with that poor of customer service before

JimBianchi
02-12-2011, 01:29
I bought a 2x Bariska red dot from them that had a bad set of weavers on it. They sent out a paid envelope for the return, and issued me a full refund in under a week. I was very happy with the process.

I have bought a few other items from them with no issues.

But I also didn't call everyday.....

triehl27
02-12-2011, 01:36
How about receiving the same defective holster 5 times!!!

I ordered a Blackhawk Serpa. The one I got the lock would not engage. And it had a red paint dot/smear on the bottom edgeAfter talking to CS I put it back in the box waited for their postage label to arrive and sent it back. They paid the return shipping and sent me another.

#2 opened the package, SAME holster, same dot, same way I packed it up. I couldn't believe it, I took pics to post up as a funny story. (didn't know how funny or how important those pics would become) Called again, sent it back on their dime for another. I was assured it would be a different holster they sent me. This time I put a post-it in the package right on top reading "THIS HOLSTER IS DEFECTIVE" and a red sticker reading DEFECTIVE inside the holster

#3 opened the package, SAME holster, same dot, same way I packed it up. Photo'd it again with the box labels in the picture (this was getting ridiculous) Sent it back this time with a post-it on top of the holster reading "THIS HOLSTER IS DEFECTIVE"
Called again, complained, got a ton of apologies, I was even told that their returns didn't go to the same warehouse so they didn't know how I got it back but they would make sure it didn't happen again. So I sent it back on their dime for another again.

#4 Got a package, opened it to reveal, the same holster yet again, they hadn't even bothered to removed the postit note. Photo'd and called again asked for a refund they stated tey'd only do a exchange. I put the "THIS HOLSTER IS DEFECTIVE" sticker in the display window of the holster package package. And sent it out on their dime. We are now up to 3 months of time and $60+ out of their pocket for shipping.

#5 Opened the box to reveal a package that did NOT have the "THIS HOLSTER IS DEFECTIVE" in the front window. (this I thought was good) And a signed letter assuring me that this was a new holster and that they apologized this had taken so long, but that they would not do another exchange. Pulled it out and noticed the red tag reading Defective inside the holster and the dot on the edge... Same holster.

Called um back, went through 2 managers, but in the end was able to prove with photos and time/date stamps of the last 4 holsters that they had sent were the same. The same defect, the same sticker, and their shipping labels and packing slips with dates on them. They argued that they had sent them back to the distributor, then one manager actually told me he had sent the 2nd or third one to another customer so I couldn't have gotten it. It took the threat of going to my attorney to get them to admit. They finally agreed to refund me, and to send UPS to pick up the holster. I boxed it up and waited 4 weeks for it to be picked up. Never came for it. I did get the refund though with in 3 days. The whole ordeal from first order to final refund was almost 5 months.

So there is my Optics Planet story. I still have that stupid boxed defective holster round here somewhere, never heard from OpticsPlanet again.

My co-worker ordered a Safariland holster for his Kimber procarry that took more then 9 months to arrive. He had forgotten about it when it finally got there. They it was the wrong holster they sent one for an XD. It only took another 6 weeks for him to get the right one.

xkon
02-12-2011, 02:06
I bought a 2x Bariska red dot from them that had a bad set of weavers on it. They sent out a paid envelope for the return, and issued me a full refund in under a week. I was very happy with the process.

I have bought a few other items from them with no issues.

But I also didn't call everyday.....

Glad things went okay for you with them, thats how it should be.

However, if i had received a shipping confirmation email on the 8th when i was told it was gonna ship, I wouldnt have called. If i had received an email the 9th, when I was also told it was gonna ship the day before, I wouldnt have called again. If I hadnt called yet again, I wouldnt have found out they sent my product to someone else and Id be waiting another 3+ weeks with no notification of where my money went.

xkon
02-12-2011, 02:09
How about receiving the same defective holster 5 times!!!

I ordered a Blackhawk Serpa. The one I got the lock would not engage. And it had a red paint dot/smear on the bottom edgeAfter talking to CS I put it back in the box waited for their postage label to arrive and sent it back. They paid the return shipping and sent me another.

#2 opened the package, SAME holster, same dot, same way I packed it up. I couldn't believe it, I took pics to post up as a funny story. (didn't know how funny or how important those pics would become) Called again, sent it back on their dime for another. I was assured it would be a different holster they sent me. This time I put a post-it in the package right on top reading "THIS HOLSTER IS DEFECTIVE" and a red sticker reading DEFECTIVE inside the holster

#3 opened the package, SAME holster, same dot, same way I packed it up. Photo'd it again with the box labels in the picture (this was getting ridiculous) Sent it back this time with a post-it on top of the holster reading "THIS HOLSTER IS DEFECTIVE"
Called again, complained, got a ton of apologies, I was even told that their returns didn't go to the same warehouse so they didn't know how I got it back but they would make sure it didn't happen again. So I sent it back on their dime for another again.

#4 Got a package, opened it to reveal, the same holster yet again, they hadn't even bothered to removed the postit note. Photo'd and called again asked for a refund they stated tey'd only do a exchange. I put the "THIS HOLSTER IS DEFECTIVE" sticker in the display window of the holster package package. And sent it out on their dime. We are now up to 3 months of time and $60+ out of their pocket for shipping.

#5 Opened the box to reveal a package that did NOT have the "THIS HOLSTER IS DEFECTIVE" in the front window. (this I thought was good) And a signed letter assuring me that this was a new holster and that they apologized this had taken so long, but that they would not do another exchange. Pulled it out and noticed the red tag reading Defective inside the holster and the dot on the edge... Same holster.

Called um back, went through 2 managers, but in the end was able to prove with photos and time/date stamps of the last 4 holsters that they had sent were the same. The same defect, the same sticker, and their shipping labels and packing slips with dates on them. They argued that they had sent them back to the distributor, then one manager actually told me he had sent the 2nd or third one to another customer so I couldn't have gotten it. It took the threat of going to my attorney to get them to admit. They finally agreed to refund me, and to send UPS to pick up the holster. I boxed it up and waited 4 weeks for it to be picked up. Never came for it. I did get the refund though with in 3 days. The whole ordeal from first order to final refund was almost 5 months.

So there is my Optics Planet story. I still have that stupid boxed defective holster round here somewhere, never heard from OpticsPlanet again.

My co-worker ordered a Safariland holster for his Kimber procarry that took more then 9 months to arrive. He had forgotten about it when it finally got there. They it was the wrong holster they sent one for an XD. It only took another 6 weeks for him to get the right one.

Dude, you have a lot more patience than myself. And in fact, if I had received the SAME product 5 times, I would have flipped a ****. This ordeal completely turned me off from opticsplanet. I thought they looked pretty decent but Ive been finding some horror stories of them the more I look

swinokur
02-13-2011, 06:31
I ordered a Surefire X300 LED weapon light and their system took my order and charged my CC. Several days later I received an email saying it wasn't in stock and would be shipped when it arrived. They then had to reverse the charge on my CC which they did without me asking. After waiting a week I called CS and canceled. What if I had needed the item right away? Several days before they let me know? Bravo Sierra.

I can't believe their their e-commerce system cannot tell you current inventory at the time of order. It should state on the actual page the unit's availability. The exception is items like Surefire that have a MAP and make you go to a second page to see the price. Even then it should tell you if the unit is in stockThis vendor seems hit or miss to me. Their prices are nothing to write home about either. I can find better places to deal with.