Night sight install [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Night sight install

ashecht
02-12-2011, 07:35
anyone know of a Glock Armorer or qualified smith who could install night sights on my G23 without charging me an arm and a leg? Seems the shops around the Charlotte NC area want a lot of money to install sights I didnt buy from them. PM me please. Dont really trust myself to do it. Thanks!

shogun82
02-12-2011, 07:41
I did my own after watching youtube videos about how to. Very easy. Just gently file the bottom of the rear sight until it slides about 1/4 way in before sliding it in the rest of the way.

TSAX
02-12-2011, 12:33
What type of night sights?

ashecht
02-12-2011, 16:31
probably Ameriglo's green/green

MrV
02-12-2011, 20:10
I did my own after watching youtube videos about how to. Very easy. Just gently file the bottom of the rear sight until it slides about 1/4 way in before sliding it in the rest of the way.

+1

My first self install was on a G36 and I accidentally tightened the front sight screw too tight and the threading snapped inside the female housing! I later found out that a light sanding on the front hex screw would allow enough clearance for a flush install.

Bottom line: Putting in your own night sights is simple, honestly. I used a wooden spoon as a rear sight drift and a 3/16 inch hex screw driver to tighten the front sight. The amount that you'd spend in tools is less than it would cost you to have it installed at your local shop. On the plus side, you'll know how to do it for future installs and have the tools that should last decades!

My .02